It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

biggest thing you've done out of love

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Ok, what is the biggest thing that you've done for love, the chance of love, or what have you? Anything from a kiss on the forehead to moving a mountain, it doesn't matter, no comparing, this is just to see how far people have gone. I'll start it off.

Travelled across the world on a chance, for love.

Next...

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
quit my job on a moments notice, packed my bags and moved 5 hours to another state for someone I met online, met in person a few times...

Glad to report it's been almost 7 years and we're still together too *S*

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Just read this story on CNN and thought of this thread...

Police: Man staged robbery to impress wife

EDMOND, Oklahoma (Reuters) -- An Oklahoma man desperate to save his marriage by appearing like a hero to his wife ended up in police custody on suspicion of staging a crime. He hired "burglars" and foiled their fake robbery attempt, police said on Friday.

According to police, Spencer, a high school teacher, paid two students $100 each to break into his house and try to make off with a stereo.

The masked students tied his wife with duct tape and her husband was in the house just in time to foil the supposed crime, police said.

Police said Spencer attacked the two in a choreographed fight, even hitting one with a board that he had cut to break in half. The plan was going well until his wife freed herself and called police, something Spencer did not anticipate, police said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Big? Oh, it's big alright!

Sorry, but somebody had to say it.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
sold my things,grabbed my guitar and went to the city of london to find love....found a lot of other things but not the real macoy

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Well I could be called a Stalker for this, lol.

I switched into this girls History of Theatre class. It worked. We dated in total time about 2 years, then she dumped me because she loved men with money better. Ugly men with money, and not the herculean physique and kind heart I offer. Oh well, lol. You live and learn. The sex was great though!

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
when I was 15 I went to this disco with my mate and for a laugh we spiked our hair up and sprayed it. Hers was blue, mine was pink and in about a foot high quiff.
This really popular lad saw me with my punky hair and thought it was great, and asked me out on the spot. So for the 2 1/2 months that I went out with him, I kept my hairstyle.
I dumped him in the end , and I was so glad to see the back of my cans of "hard rock hairspray"
I must have looked a right sight. There are pictures out there somewhere, although I've never seen them.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Love? Not sure it was love, I didn't even know his name.

Out playing pool with some girlfriends, on a rare winning spree. Guy came up and wagered marriage, feeling confident and rather 'cocky' accepted wager.

Got married two weeks later.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Gave up doing drugs for a perios of time (including ciggarettes and alcohol), to support the girl i love in her re-hab attempts (she was going crazy form the substances, her habit was bad, mine was only slight)... she managed to kick it and we remain great friends to the day...

I still dabble in recreational substances (weed, speed, Ecstacy) and i also smoke and drink again... but i know if it #ed with my brain she'd be there to get me through...

Trust me quitting everything at once was a hard hard thing to do... especially the ciggarettes

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I still dabble in recreational substances (weed, speed, Ecstacy) and i also smoke and drink again...

Speed and ecstacy are not 'recreational', IMHO. Weed, maybe. Get a handle on that before you ruin your life!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
had both our families, travel all the way to to vermont, so i could marry the woman i love. its been almost 5 yrs. no regrets.-j; )
(im a woman also)

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

I still dabble in recreational substances (weed, speed, Ecstacy) and i also smoke and drink again...

Speed and ecstacy are not 'recreational', IMHO. Weed, maybe. Get a handle on that before you ruin your life!

Each to their own... I only do each of the three very occasionally, but i have a worse affect from weed than speed and E's, in fact i see weed as a very damaging drug as its side effects arent always obvious and can often go overlooked.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
Love? Not sure it was love, I didn't even know his name.

Out playing pool with some girlfriends, on a rare winning spree. Guy came up and wagered marriage, feeling confident and rather 'cocky' accepted wager.

Got married two weeks later.

wow....must be exciting life you lead

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

wow....must be exciting life you lead

Nah, just divorced. (LOL)

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I was invited to apply for a PhD program at a leading school. World-famous professor expressed interest in some of my older work; offered to recommend me and secure other sponsors.

Frau Dr. didn't want to live in the Frozen wastes of the northern US. (Her only family here lives in SW US). She would have also had to leave her work and start over with no contacts. And her income had been the bulk of ours while I finished up a masters'.

So I turned it down and went into the "real" world.

Not that I'm filled with regret, though. Graduate school for my previous degrees was intellectually stimulating, but a horrible life of all-nighters, freaking out over lack of money, and isolation from the rest of humanity (and ESPECIALLY her) while persuing work.

Now, I am home much of the time my kids are. I play with them for probably an hour a day, aside from homework. That would be impossible if Daddy lived at the campus library.

Plus, I get Fridays off. Today, I played baseball in the backyard w/ my own little team. and when they ran off to play in the pasture behind the house, Frau Dr. and I made out it the garden swing for 10 minutes or so.

Watching the sunlight dappling her hair, and kissing her neck, I thought to myself that I really am the richest man in America, even the world.

(were working on another strangecraft!)

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
gave my blessing to my girlfriend and one of my best friends when they got together and told me they were in love......i loved both of them dearly,no point in making it harder than it is for all concerned....i think its easier to walk away if you really do love someone rather then when you dont.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I dropped out og high school, moved all of my things and my cat across the state for a guy I met on a camping trip.
We broke up a year later. I had a baby with someone .. AND NOW .... I am married to the man I moved across the state for.
A ged and my CNA later ... we have been happily married for nearly a year.
Took six years but we finally got what we wanted.

*Z*

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Ohh god this was a long time ago.. i took a hit for a girl that i liked... this kid got mad at her so i defended her, she was sitting down and this kid that she had a fight with was mad so he picked up a heavy brick, of course she didnt see this but i did so i jumped up and turned my back (hoping it wouldnt hurt that bad) in the way of the brick and got hit on my right shoulder area my whole arm went numb for a while but its fine now had a huge bruise and as my life stinks i never got with her and she never got with me thats the craziest thing ive done so far.. :bnghd:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
okay I am only 15 years old but the crazyest thing I have ever done to be with my girlfriend was I gave up all my friends Just so I could be with the one I love and now we are still dating and I have all my friends back even though that was not crazy and I have one more this one is not sorta to be with its just something I have done alot of times for my friends and my girlfriend.Me and my gf were walking down the road in the winter to go look at the stars and this car was speeding down the road and I pushed her out of the way so she wouldn`t get hit and I jumped into the snow bank I pushed her into just in time not to get hit by the car.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I joined this forum to reply to a romantic post from dr_stragecraft!

No, really, gave up my dream job to make a better life (more time) from dr_strangecraft and the strangecraftlings...

It has worked out well, though...I wouldn't give up our life now!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join