It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mpaa recruits SURROGATES to support extradition of UK student

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Following on from an MPAA memo that leaked yesterday, TorrentFreak has obtained an even more revealing document which shows that the movie group is experiencing problems finding “allies” to support the extradition of UK student Richard O’Dwyer. According to the “communication plan” the MPAA is recruiting “third party surrogates” to write op-eds and blog posts which back their position.

While the MPAA never admitted to getting surrogates to report for them this is not totally unexpected. We previously spotted a pro-SOPA op-ed by Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff that used phrases that were previously uttered by MPAA people.

torrentfreak.com...

This is very shocking.. I wonder if the news will get access to this info and talk about it.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Apleness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Here's a quote from the poor guy's mom. I think it pretty much says it all:

“It’s rather worrying that the MPAA is behaving in this unnecessarily vindictive way, trying to portray Richard as someone he is not in order to further their own interests,” Julia O’Dwyer says.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Amazing, only got the interest from you. I wornder if ATS most members are just really about conspiracys fables and magical predictions

new topics

join