It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Cop scared in Canada without his Gun

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I cannot believe this man. He came to my City, here in Calgary, for the Largest Outdoor Show On Earth (Calgary Stampede) and was approached by 2 people asking if they been down their yet and got scared because he didn't have his gun.

He then called up a Newspaper to let him know how he feels in the "Safest City In Western Canada".
( metronews.ca... )

LOL

www.calgaryherald.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

LMAO.

I need a good laugh today thanks.

It's amazing how different our cultures are eh?

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Sorry that would just be our nature. Paranoid

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
No wonder cops are shooting unarmed citizens here in the us...

They can't even go through a walk in the park with out the urge to pull their piece...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
its not his fault.

when your government drives a concerted effort to instill as much fear into the population as possible and when going to a movie theatre or a mcdonalds could be the last thing you ever do, i think the american was justified in his fear.

most americans are on a battle-ready state of alert against an enemy that they have no conceivable idea of the power they possess at manipulation and deception.

but a power that God brushes aside like most of us flick off a gnat.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The funny thing is he claims that both men came up and said in a "very aggressive" tone..

Really?

You ever hear people from Cowboy Province talk?

quickly moved between these two and my wife, replying, "Gentle-men, I have no need to talk with you, goodbye." They looked bewildered, and we then walked past them.

I speculate they did not have good intentions when they approached in such an aggressive, disrespectful and menacing manner. I thank the Lord Jesus Christ they did not pull a weapon of some sort, but rather concluded it was in their best interest to leave us alone.

This guy is NUTS.

IF he'd had a weapon, he would have pulled it on them according to his demeanor.

Of course these guys looked bewildered, they were being friendly old canadians.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well there is the kind of cop I really want to see playing mall security cop or dog catcher. Anything but Police Officer with a live weapon.

If he's so uncomfortable in his own ability to handle himself in life, without a gun....then he's a friggen menace to society when he has one. Wow.... Yeah... This is why little old ladies and small children get guns screwed into their ears. The wimps in Uniform don't have the confidence to handle even that much unless the odds are ridiculously lopsided in their favor.

What a loser... Canada, keep the guy. We don't need him back working an American street.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
[snip]
These are the kind of people who are tasked to 'protect and serve' the public? I'll take my chances on my own thanks!!!

He should try coming over to the uk and being a cop here, with only a baton and cs to defend himself while on duty, and having to deal with the scum of the earth with their swords and machetes! He'd last about 10 minutes!!!
"Ooooohhhh, i feel naked without my gun!", pathetic.
edit on 7/8/12 by masqua because: Profanity

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It sounds like some kind of a set up going on. God fearing US cops need to be here with open carry and draw on everyone that approaches, on duty or off, perferably on. Maybe some kind of toe in for some kind of agreement that our Government is concocting to have armed US law enforcement drawing on Canadians like they do in the US.

Canadians would put the NDP in if they didn't trust other two to get rid of it. They are much smaller and more federal and cohesive group than US, and won't take this crapola at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I found the people great when I drove through there on the way to Alaska from the lower 48. I spoke with a few people in a store and a gas station. They were hospitable like well mannered country folk.

I had dealings with one Mounty who was very nice. I just couldn't get past people passing me in the breakdown lane. I found a few hostels were great to shower and they were right along the highway. I picked up 2 tourists from Germany who had floated some river and they were going to a place where there was this thing where people posted how far it was to their home town. I laughed about because the German guy wanted to drive my V-8 Chev pickup....

I found Canada in the top 4 places I have ever been....

This cop is just a living example of how police are programmed to be paranoid of everyone except those in their little circle.....
edit on 7-8-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: sp

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
He thanks Lord Jesus Christ that the men didn't pull a weapon of some sort....okay...

And what if the cop pulls a weapon of some sort, or worse, uses it to seize Life and Liberty, as they commonly do here. It's like all you need is a gun? So much for the Lord Jesus when you need a gun to stop a conversation. There are worse things than being robbed by criminals. Criminals, at least, have the decorum to know what they're doing is wrong. The cops seem to call it all in a day's work. I fear the ones who do it with righteous wrongfulness. They never get charged with anything, so they have nothing to lose.

Gun rights is not about flaunting your guns. This is sickening, but it's coming from a cop, not a typical gun owner.

It's most likely a hit piece. Wonder who's behind this 'letter'? It's just a little too cute. It's so cute, that it's fake. The Jesus part is the giveaway. You can never kill Jesus enough, if you are of that persuasion.

Warning: video begins with 'shalom' and ends with blasphemy.

www.youtube.com...

At any rate, we should expect 'invasion' from the north, since the un will be so comfy there, away from anything as dangerous as a firearm. Canada, a perfect staging zone. Blue helmets and jimmy don't sit well with the states. Expect them to come in from any door to the north, even if they have to shimmy through the oil pipeline. Next.

edit on 7-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the laugh Op and for reinforcing my desire to move north. Americans are wound way too tight and any excuse will do for them to pop off. If it wasn't for your darn LMO's I would be in Calgary now taking your job.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Who can blame him? Canadians are not to be trusted.... sneaky moose....

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
He should come to England in the lazy Summer. I cannot imagine how he would deal with a Morris Dancing troupe, what with all their offensive bells, sticks and aggressive dancing behaviour. It scares me witless.

Regards

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The cop is just seriously ignorant. A complete fool in my opinion.
wow...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

wow, how pathetic

must be a guilty conscience

maybe they had some passing resemblance to a past victim

lucky you didn't show up in full battle armor [like your avy]

he would have shat himself so bad
he'd have flown back home on his own power

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This is what happens when police are beaten over the head with "they are all enemies, every one of them is a threat" year after year after year.

It's in their training, in all the literature, in all the studies, in all the federal reports.

This cop is not an anomaly. American police, I would argue police the world over, are in combat mode 24/7 always walking as if walking among the enemy in enemy occupied territory so they tase grandma, shoot children with toys, beat the handicapped and destroy evidence.

I cant feel bad for them. If they were still human I could shed a tear but they are too far gone to save.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

from the comments

Tomtor

12:24 PM on 8/7/2012

I don't usually comment on articles, but this "article" is garbage. It is not news. Why is this even here on the site Calgary Herald?
Seriously, Google this guy and read some of the other comments and "articles" he has out there on the internet. They are not pretty. This is a situation where a gun would do nothing but make it worse. I'm glad I didn't grow up in a town where he was a cop.
For the record, I own a rifle, and have never even remotely felt the need to carry it on me, let alone if I'm in Nose Hill walking my dog.
ProgressiveMajority

3:42 PM on 8/7/2012

I'm going to repeat Tomtor's suggestion below and ask that people please google "Walt Wawra" to see the sort of extremist nutbar he is.

Google "Walt Wawra" and be amazed. These people exist and they carry guns.

Read more: www.calgaryherald.com...

this a-hole is a nut-job
edit on 7-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

LMAO.

I need a good laugh today thanks.

It's amazing how different our cultures are eh?

~Tenth

Get real. Maybe in Calgary that is acceptable behavior for two young to confront an older couple, but in the US, when the four are not in the midst of a crowd, that has all of the signs of a robbery or worse. The guy did exactly the right thing. His training and street smarts (for the US anyway) had he escape the situation with no problem. If some of you think the aggressiveness of the Canadians was misinterpreted, then you need to think about the training and knowledge that the US cop had about how such situations play out. Then that would make the two guys certainly having over-step the normal bounds of decency. You can't blame the cope for being "scared."
Such an insane twist on the story!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The poor naked policeman….

Look, he probably does not feel safe without his firearm in one hand when he is at home alone throttling the chicken with the other......

I mean there were ‘unarmed citizens’ around and ‘something’ could have happened, like littering for example…… now that would have demanded the use of said firearm.

:-/

Mickierocksman

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join