It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uganda: 3 more Ebola cases detected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Uganda: 3 more Ebola cases detected

www.theeastafrican.co.ke

Three more people on Monday tested positive of the Ebola virus and were admitted at Kagadi Hospital, raising the number of confirmed cases to 13.

Of these, six are still admitted, three have since died while four have recovered ever since the Ebola epidemic was declared.

The disease has so far claimed 16 lives inclusive of the 13 that died before the epidemic was officially declared.

Health officials in Kibaale District said they had discharged seven patients, three of whom are inmates who were admitted on suspicion of suffering from Ebola.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
New Ebola Outbreak...14 Confirmed Dead...Possible Red Alert
Keep Your Eyes on the Ebola Outbreak
Prisoner with suspected case of Ebola escapes from hospital in Uganda

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Previous reports claimed that the outbreak was contained but with various people escaping quarantine, and more cases surfacing, I'm not exactly sure how they can be so certain.

Thankfully Ebola can only be transferred via bodily fluids so as long as this doesn't mutate into a strain that easily spreads we shouldn't have too much to worry about.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that this isn't a mutated strain of the virus because if so things could get much worse.

www.theeastafrican.co.ke
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I posted on this last week. The numbers do not add up. As soon as Uganda started losing tourist bookings (Aug is their busiest tourist season) the country came out and said everything is under control. But I have been Googling this from almost day one. They've kept the total dead at 14 or 16, the total cases at 36 to 53, depending on where you look, but articles were showing daily additional deaths of about 2 and new cases of 4 to 6. Far more have been reported since they placed those caps. They still haven't caught the escaped prisoner with Ebola, but "all is under control". And, there appears to be 2 cases in Tanzania, but all is ok, come back, visit Uganda. There is a lot more to the than we are being told. It would appear this strand has an incubation period of almost three weeks, and the onset of the illness doesn't initially show the bleeding. This causes spreading of the germ for weeks before the victim is diagnosed and taken off the streets..

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Longshots

I agree, it seems like they are trying to cover this up and downlpay the signinficance of the outbreak. I was not aware of the case in Tanzania but there are also reported cases in Kenya.

Kenya: Murang'a On High Alert After Man Dies From Ebola-Like Disease

www.businessweek.com...

They say this is an "isolated" incident, and are now saying it wasn't ebola.

It's too bad that there are so many conflicting reports as I would like to know the truth of what is going on over there but we all know we can't count on the media to provide the true facts.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Kenya and Tanzania are also both major tourism destinations for the adventurous as well. Usually wealthy, small plane owning, world-hopping socialites... people who can bypass security with bribes and other gifts... who would be a very big threat for the virus to spread quicker than authorities could anticipate or respond to.

Like I said before... if this gets to southern Europe or the Persian Gulf, I'm restocking my charcoal filters and facemask supply.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Dreine because: typo-go-go

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The fact is there are Ebola outbreaks in that part of the world almost every year. Its nothing out of the ordinary and there's no reason to fear some kind of conspiracy or attempt to cause a pandemic from TPTB at this point.

If the infection to death ratio's are real then it might even be Ebola.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

If this were to spread, how would charcoal filters help protect? I understand face masks but I'm unsure if you meant a facemask that contains a charcoal filter. I'm not doubting you I'm only curious as to how it would help the situation.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Dreine

If this were to spread, how would charcoal filters help protect? I understand face masks but I'm unsure if you meant a facemask that contains a charcoal filter. I'm not doubting you I'm only curious as to how it would help the situation.

Cheers.

Actually, the only protection it would provide would be if the virus mutated and went airborne, otherwise it's a great excercise is being paranoid and overprepared!

Surgical mask would do the trick, I think. It's just that I have a surplus mask buried in my "gonna make it soon" BOB starter kit.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

If it were to become airborne then a charcoal filtered mask would definitely be useful. My concern is if it were to become airborne that it could infect people by contact with other mucus membranes such as eye sockets or other orificies such as the ear. Many doctors/scientists claim that airborne illnesses can be contacted this way so if it were to become airborne our only safety would be a full hazmat suit with proper ventilation.

That is certainly not a scenario that I would like to see come true

ETA:There is no proof of this being airborne yet, I was only explaining a possible scenario.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Thanks for the insight..I got a question..If this did go airborne would there be any safe areas even if you didn't have a hazmat suit? ps is there a vaccine or cure?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

air born ebola(most likely would have to be a weaponized strain) is pretty much one of the worst things disase wise that could happen to this planet and as far as i know their is no known cure or vaccine to ebola you either die horribly from hemmoragic fever or you make it through.....not a good prospect but the odds of it getting air born dont seem to be that high at least if its a natural strain

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu... is a useful site to look at. It lists the Uganda outbreak at 36 infected 16 dead last I looked. I do find it interesting just south of Uganda, Zimbabwe has an unspecified outbreak of 111 infected. Also Uganda has 3 markers each saying 36 infected 16 dead, why is it 3 markers? is it actually 3x36 3x16? Who knows?

Any-who if any serious outbreaks start spreading I have a relative I can call up for info, he is the head of a prominent countries version of the CDC. (Country not named for obvious privacy reasons.)
edit on 8-8-2012 by halfmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I been watching this ebola outbreak with very cautious eyes. Im replying specifically to this thread so i can keep up with the untold cases. Peace.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Please feel free to post any major updates in this thread if you don't mind. The other threads were great threads it's just that there are so many of them and it's too difficult to keep track of.

Peace.

top topics

join