It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Not Landed - But Is Good Entertainment For The TV Brain Washed Masses

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
All of those people in the control room bought and paid for? Highly doubt it.
All the people were scammed and fooled by nasa? Doubt it.
Brain washed? lol

Those people who made it happen, they aren't the billionaires that sit and smoke cigars. They're normal Average Joes who worked their asses off for the past few years to get the job done.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Let's see some evidence. You're so certain that it didn't happen. Try to prove it. Let's see some evidence that the people in that control room were actors, or fooled.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
An example of a conspiracy theorist's thought process:

CT: I don't trust NASA because they're always lying
SKEPTIC: What did they lie about?
CT: The moon landing was a hoax for a start
SKEPTIC: How do you know that was a hoax?
CT: It obviously was, you can't trust NASA because all they do is lie! Look at the whole Mars Curiosity nonsense, another obvious hoax
SKEPTIC: What makes you think that was a hoax???
CT: Oh come on, you don't believe lying NASA is telling the truth do you, you can't trust them and their lies. You're brainwashed, man. Do you work for lying NASA?
edit on 7-8-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

Omg look @ the freaking foto i posted. Even when you c the truth with your own eyes you wont believe it.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
What the heck are they going to learn from Mars that will help us on planet Earth? I fail to see the point in this mission, especially when our planet is in the shape it's in!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
An example of a conspiracy theorist's thought process:

CT: I don't trust NASA because they're always lying
SKEPTIC: What did they lie about?
CT: The moon landing was a hoax for a start
SKEPTIC: How do you know that was a hoax?
CT: It obviously was, you can't trust NASA because all they do is lie! Look at the whole Mars Curiosity nonsense, another obvious hoax
SKEPTIC: What makes you think that was a hoax???
CT: Oh come on, you don't believe lying NASA is telling the truth do you, you can't trust them and their lies. You're brainwashed, man. Do you work for lying NASA?
edit on 7-8-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

Hehehe. SO much this ^ it is scary

Always with the circular argument. And never an ounce of proof to back it up.

Now come the "well YOU can't prove they DID go to Mars" retort.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

Do you actually think this way? Anything can be questioned including your gender if indeed it is what you think it is. Are you sure you're not a girl (if you're a boy) or you're a boy (if you're a girl)? I would assume generally that incompetent and uneducated folks made such remarks about science. There is no end to skepticism.

I bet if ATS was around when the Internet, Cell phone and other technologies that we take it for granted today were being invented, you would have questioned those as well. How do you think you're able to enjoy the technologies and the gadgets and gizmos that the entire world is using and enjoying (ofcourse they pay for the service and convenience)? It starts with ideas and conceptualizations turning into a theory and eventually into reality after years of research and development. Sure the mission hasn't delivered the good colored pics for our entertainment or curiosity but in reality, NASA is receiving a lot of data back n forth everyday from Mars. It will be studies and eventually analyzed/edited and published for other enthusiasts and academics around the world.

What does the budget of 2.5 billion has anything to do with the poindexters who work hard to make something happen? You have absolutely no clue about project management of any kind. Hope you will change your mind and opinion in the future based on something. Good luck.

edit on 7-8-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoKiT
reply to post by chrisb9

NASA HAHA, Never A Straight Answer. Were the F is This.??

-------------------------------------

Thank You FoKiT - For Posting this Excellent File Photo taken above the Space Shuttle flying over what is obviously an abandoned copper mine in northern Arizona.

Isn't it Amazing how Reddish & Mars looking the surface of the Earth looks in this file photo taken from the Space Shutle. And yet there are people who would doubt that a faked or hoaxed mars landing would be possible.

And in Reply to a Post by: humphreysjim

" When you're talking to your friends, do you have proof that they're not robots created by NASA, while your real friends are being held captive? There is a reason we don't question and demand proof for absolutely every single little thing, because it becomes impossible to live, so healthy humans learn a healthy system of naturally assessing probabilities and to live with that ounce of uncertainty. "

--------------------------

I think if you read back over your own words very carefully in your post you will " See " The Answer you seek that came out in your post from your own sub-conscious mind....

Thank you to all who have posted similar opinions as I have about this recent Mars landing, and I won't even get into the faked and bogus blurry black & white Photo's that we are still getting from Nasa of the supposed Apollo 17 Moon landings... Still after all of these years, Nasa is still giving everyone " Black & White " Photo's of the Moon. And of course - Always with some type of a " Techinical Excuse " as to Why the Photo's have to be in Black & White.... !

Excuse me for pointing out the " Obvious " that any normal, and rational thinking person would notice right away !

Oh, and before I hit Reply to my post, For those that believe this latest information from nasa, Yes, there where weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, the government said they where there.... And Yes, Building 7 in N.Y. fell all by itself into it's own footprint on 9/11 - Buidlings always do that....

I rest my case

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoKiT

Omg look @ the freaking foto i posted. Even when you c the truth with your own eyes you wont believe it.

What about it?

You seem to be asking a question about what something is and then conclude something about it being a hoax based on your question? I don't follow...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

it provides scientist with a more detailed picture of Mars

and we need this data...

because we can't see the rocks with a $2.3billion Hubble telescope ??

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Here is a link to the landing of the Curiosity. The video is nice. I'll wait for the OP to debunk it, frame by frame.

www.theverge.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
People are going to scoff at what the OP is saying, but he does have a point. How do any of us KNOW for sure that what you saw was actually Mars? That could just be some remote landscape in the Arizona desert.

It's all about trust. We choose which organizations, institutions and specific people are telling us the truth. And we usually take at face value what they say as factual, without putting too much thought into it, especially if it goes along with our own specific worldview.
This is a generalization I know but I think it basically holds true as to how we see the world, and what we perceive as factual or not.

I dont know if Curiosity is sitting on Mars or not. What I do know for certain is that we are lied to on a daily basis by our government and often what is told to us as fact "yesterday" is proven a falsehood "tommorow" We live in a time where trust in government is so low that it forces us to question nearly every thing they say and every motive for saying it.
Its innevitable, given the governments track record, that people will doubt the validity of the Curiosity mission.
edit on 7-8-2012 by crawdad1914 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Originally posted by g146541

You do press an excellent point.
I do have to say though, the most a buddy has ever asked me to loan him is a couple hundred bucks, which I gladly did without a second thought.
I have never been asked to loan or just GIVE anyone 2.5 billion however.

I don't get the point you're trying to make.

Are you suggesting that expenses are evidence against the Mars landing being legitimate? Because that would be an example of an invalid thought process.

Your post is an example of down syndrome. Go be a downer somehwere else.

Op is trying to illustrate the general untrustworthiness of your current government, and the very large amount of money numb-skulled taxpayers like yourself are more than glad to pay without a single grain of proof.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

I generally tend to distrust any organization that has the web extension .gov ...
Like I said in another thread, I remember a picture of a dime from a space satellite taken about 1970.
If that is the case, why do we have no high res photos of the moon landing site 43 years later?
Cameras have improved exponentially since 1969 am I right?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Originally posted by Komodo

and flying to Mars to see a lifeless plantet we could have looked at thru our telescopes/Hubble.....

is productive??? How.. ?

it provides scientist with a more detailed picture of Mars. Think of it this way, during conflicts it's valuable to have people on the ground for intel. Satellites can only provide so much information. A satellite picture may show something that appears to be a weapons of mass destruction mobile unit, but a person on the ground might be able to provide information that it's actually an ice cream truck.

In the same manner, having something on the surface on Mars can clarify or disprove assumptions made using telescope/Hubble/orbiter photographs. It provides a deeper insight into the formation of our solar system and may discover evidence of past life or even currently active microbes.

Many may not see this as productive, but the problem solving required for space travel often leads to innovative products for consumer use.

edit on 7-8-2012 by Kaploink because: meh

So.. let me get this straight...

sending a multi-million dollar piece of equipment to a lifeless planet ( and when I mean lifeless, i mean dirt and no aliens, animals, people ect walking around and due to the extreme atmosphere..............................NOTHING with breath would be able to live.........i'm NOT talking about microorganisms ) .........to confirm what Hubble and ALL the other images we've found so far.....which look PRETTY MUCH like rocks and MOUNTAINS........

are indeed ROCKS & MOUNTAINS~!

I can almost hear the conversations @ NASA....

"oh .. wait.. what's that~!? " ....
"nothing... it's a Rock..?"
"wait.. look there~!.. What's that..!?"
"nothing.. just another rock..."
".....what about that.. looks like a crater.~!"
"yeeep...that's a crater......"

Now .. Granted if I ever see a freaking ROCK monster eating rocks for Lunch and grinning at me picking his teeth with tree trunks in a pic taken by the rover...and there's a family of them there......................SPARE NOT THE $$$$$$$$ and fire up the engines and I'll even sign up for that bad boy trip~!!!

I'm mean ... seriously !!!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Is it bad that I have not watched this landing? I did see a few shorts shots of all the guys in the control room celebrating, but I just was not that interested, and not interested,meaning, feel like things like this that are televised, are for some sort of agenda.

We've done this before right? Mars Rover? We've never gotten any interesting info from that, that I'm aware of. Unless, seeing red dirt and rocks is your interest. Didn't Total Recall tells us as much about Mars, as we all know now? (the geography and atmosphere, not the 3 boobed dwarf stuff).

I have my doubts about all this. I feel like we should be farther advanced than this. Landing a machine on Mars, when we walked on the moon 40+ years ago, I don't know.
edit on 7-8-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by mikemck1976

Nice pic there!!!
Suppose we could get a pic of the flags on the moon?
Mars is farther away than the moon right?
We should have some good photos of the moon then.

BINGO~!

I'll take this post for $100,000 alex ~!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

At risk of going too far; has any of you guys considered that the earth might actually be flat? With an open mind it actually could be true? If you go past a certain height there is a massive LED screen. Our eyes give us the illusion of horizon curvature. Aeroplane windows are bent deliberatly. Moon landing never happened, NASA "accidentally" recorded over all of the original moon landing film. (the only copy)
The UN logo
Antarctica surrounds our whole planet. Sounds a bit nuts, but what if?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

Op is trying to illustrate the general untrustworthiness of your current government, and the very large amount of money numb-skulled taxpayers like yourself are more than glad to pay without a single grain of proof.

What government would I be paying then? Do you even know?

Let's talk about what would constitute proof in a world where literally anything presented is labelled as fake by those who called themselves "conspiracy theorists":

1) Photos? No good, they can be faked. Good quality photos are too good to be true, and bad quality photos are obviously clear fakes because NASA has the tech to do better
2) Video? No good, see above, same rules apply
3) Personal testimony from those working at NASA, with NASA, or in any way affiliated with NASA. No good, no matter how many of them there are they're all probably in on it
4) Physical samples taken from space. No good, they could have come from anywhere.
5) They could physically take me to somewhere like the moon. No good, there are advanced drugs and other methods that can be used to create a fake reality, plant memories and the like, and it could all be simulated once I get in the craft anyway

What did I miss?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
we've had proof for ages that theres life on mars and we've been there

LMAO ~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW THAT WAS CLASSIC ~!!!

*still wiping the tears*.. STOP~! I can't breath~!!!LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join