It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a fair question that voters should be asking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
With the war in Iraq going strong and the word is if Bush is elected the US will probably be in Iraq at least another 4 years, other reports are at least 7-10 years, so besides mortgaging our childrens futures even more with such a high dificit are we also by voting for Bush guaranteeing them a war too? Should mothers with children as young as 6 -8 years old be wondering if their vote is guaranteeing their child might be someday drawn into this war either by draft or volunteering? It seems reasonable to me if they are saying 10 more years that mothers should be worrying with young children. My point is many people don't ever see their families being touched by this war but if the time expected is correct then it is reasonable to suggest they might be. Should families with young children be worried? And I know anything can happen in the future but this war in Iraq seems to be becoming a guaranteed part of the future if we don't change things. What do you think?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The pictures of the russian mothers might make up there minds.
Take the war to them.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by snagltooth
Take the war to them.

Iraq never attacked us. We went after Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan, Osama and AlQueida attacked us. The 911 commission has said that there were no ties between the terrorists of 911 and Iraq, none.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I guess you discount the whole report. Been listening to those Kerry ads, have you

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I guess you discount the whole report. Been listening to those Kerry ads, have you

No I read the 911 commission report that said that Iraq or Saddam had no involvement in the terrorist attacks.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Ok, they're supposedly still there to keep "order" and "peace" right? Thoughts that they could be in for upto another decade leads me to think that maybe their war days on errorism.. I mean terrorism
aren't over just yet. Iran and Syria anyone? This has got to stop.

[edit on 11-10-2004 by deaf fences hit]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I have children. I don't want to fight these people in our schools. I don't want our country man being killed, for being free and not Islomic. Its only a matter of time, Iran will give the whole world no choice but to intervene

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I have children. I don't want to fight these people in our schools. I don't want our country man being killed, for being free and not Islomic. Its only a matter of time, Iran will give the whole world no choice but to intervene

Ok I think you should consider the fact that Iraq is the war I am talking about and while this President has been pursuing a war in Iraq at all costs and ignoring other problems, Iran and N. Korea have been busy building themselves possibly some nukes. Now that should worry you greatly and it should make you think our current president is not doing such a great job. Why do you think the war in Iraq is going to keep your children safer? If anything it is going to make them less safe, we are even less popular in themiddle east and everywhere else since we invaded Iraq.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I have children. I don't want to fight these people in our schools. I don't want our country man being killed, for being free and not Islomic.

'These people' have children as well and I don't think 'these people' want to fight 'you people' in their schools either. I also don't think they want their countrymen being attacked and killed for not being considered 'free' by the US administration.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Will gee now that there free to elect leaders, to ask us to leave. I know we will. Like after we left your country after WWII

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Will gee now that there free to elect leaders, to ask us to leave. I know we will.

It's gotta feel great to be so confident as to say you actually know this for a fact. Don't forget to answer when the wake-up call comes, ok?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Good answer

Believe in strength. Fight for freedom and Liberty for all.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Good answer

Believe in strength. Fight for freedom and Liberty for all.

Well first of all you never answered my question? My second question is how old are your children? Will they be of fighting age soon? The reason I ask is since you are so sure we got to go in and get the terrorists how many children are you willing to give to the cause?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Three children, My youngest is 12, My oldest has already done one tour in Iraq. What my son saw there, is not what you are seeing on TV. Our reading in your papers. These people want to be free.

I know your not from the US. But are solders know more than anyone why were there. To save lives.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Three children, My youngest is 12, My oldest has already done one tour in Iraq. What my son saw there, is not what you are seeing on TV. Our reading in your papers. These people want to be free.

I wish you would start a new thread on what your son reports from Iraq. I am so tired of the media only reporting the negative.

Thank your son for his service !!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Your should be very proud of your son, but there is a fact that many returning soldiers, say and that is we are not wanted there, Iraq's do not want us to be a permanant presance in their country an with 14 bases maybe more,being built , I think that is pretty much a given. I know that many feel that it's better to keep the fighting there, it's naive of us to think that is going to happen. Terrorism is an idea, it doesn't require a large army, only a well tuned group, a group that is able to appear as normal as everyone else , until called upon by there cause. We in our arrogance are greating more enemies, you should remember the Iraq people didn't ask to be bombed, an we Americans should have been told the truth, not a fabricated lie, in order to play upon fears. Eisenhower said it best I think"beware of the Industrial fighting machine"

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

So, you'd rather have other people killed, for being Islamic, and not American?

How wonderful, and delightfully un-American.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Take the war to them.

Bad example.
The Russians took the fight to Chechnya and the Beslan massacre still happened.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I know your not from the US. But are solders know more than anyone why were there. To save lives.

First of all I am American, and my SIL did a 6 month tour in Afghanistan and a 14 month tour in Iraq. And yes you are correct they all don't hate us but the one thing he said was that they all wanted us to leave. He made Iraqie friends over there and said that they said thank you for freeing us from Saddam but now get the heck out of my country. When I asked him how long he thought we would be there he said, "I don't know at least 7 years." That was before the report came out 7-10 years. I appreciate your son's service and I hope he does not have to go back, but the fact is that he was lied to we all were, we never were in any imminent danger from Iraq. Don't confuse the terrorist attacks of 911 with Iraq, that is what Bush and Cheney constantly put out there but it is not true. The 911 commission found that most of the funding came from Saudi Arabia which makes sense since 15 of the 19 terrorists were Saudi. Does it not make you wonder that since 15 of the 19 terrorists were Saudi that we never even questioned the many Bin Ladens (many of his brothers and sisters were here in the US at the time of the attacks and were allowed to leave) and Saudi royalty that were in this country at the time? The Bush family has made millions off of doing business with the Bin Ladens and the Saudi royalty, don't take my word for it, there is plenty of evidence to this, investigate it on your own. Do you notice Osama Bin Laden is not even mentioned anymore in the news or by the Bush Administration? I am not one of those people who believe in peace at all costs but I do believe you should go after the criminal who did it, not use a tragedy to scare people into invading a sovereign nation by lying and twisting the facts.

top topics

join