It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Not Given Role at Republican Convention

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

I guess the ATS slogan isn't being put to good use lately.

Deny ignorance. Feign awareness.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Best case senario.. Mitt wins!! Picks Rice as the VP!! Then, something happens to Mit and is unable to complete his Presidential duties. Rice takes over as President. The first Woman President who is black and then it comes out that she's gay. I can dream can't I? It really would be a celebration.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by longlostbrother

Well that is just absurd. Of course he does. He got out a HUGE VOTE, and won enough states delegate wise. He represents more people ideologically than Romney does. Paul has over 500 delegates in this convention that is huge considering he ran a clean campaign solely on the support of the people and Romney had the media on his side and every GOP agent stuffing ballot boxes, removing votes for Paul, and pushing fake slates.

He has every right to speak, however, they haven't announced all of the speakers yet as I understand it and I find it hard to believe they won't invite him. If they don't then they honestly are afraid of what he might say, because it really only makes sense to invite him to try to pacify his support rather than incite them.

I don't actually think he represents a huge number of people ideologically, if I'm honest. Romney just represent almost no one.

As for Paul's party trying to stop Paul, there's the decent chance, as Paul has pretty extreme views, that the GOP just wanted someone more mainstream. Romney is a hugely non-mainstream and poor choice, but, they're pushing him as "generic Republican" - good luck doing that with Paul.

As for his "right" to speak, no he doesn't have a right. They can do whatever they want.

Agreed: romney represents almost no one. romney is to obama what obama was to bush. 'Change', meaning, more of whatever 'they' want, period. Which means no change at all, or rather, accelerated change as the bush mark V boosters come on full force. Like you said..change that represents almost no one.

If Paul's views are extreme, what are we to think of the Constitution?

Should Paul dilute his words by pissing in a hailstorm? The way he was handled by the masters is his loudest message ever, this side of bombs. There's nothing he can do there, except allow his stance to become sullied by a group of political oligarchists.

The ones who select the POTUS are split very hard deciding which candidate to present as winner, to be sure. I'm not sure I want to enable them by writing any more down. Let them sweat it. What's it going to be, guise?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Are they scared to let him speak? I figured this would happen.

The "Majestic 2" have been chosen already. Time to line up like good citizens and vote for those that were hand picked for us.

This makes me think the movie "A Few Good Men" where if Ron Paul is asked to speak "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" will be raining down from the sky.

:shk: If he is no threat as they claim....why will they not let him speak?

Paul has no RIGHT to speak.

He couldn't get out the vote and he lost. The rest is sour grapes by his small number of vocal supporters.

Nowhere did I claim he had the RIGHT to speak. I was saying what would it have hurt to let him speak. As far as I know...it would not have hurt at all. That is the problem with all this political BS. All of them are out for themselves. Whenever possible members from both sides of the line should allow anyone to aid them in making this country a better place, or let them express their ideas. More people working together will find solutions faster. That is just common sense.

But no... that's never going to happen because nobody wants to share credit with anyone else or do anything to promote the ideas of an "opponent". There shouldn't be any opponents in reality. They should care about what they are going to do to help the country improve and not so much about wanting to be the only hero IMO.

edit on 8/7/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

You said, "why would they not let him speak?"

Why would they?

He's a fringe candidate with a very small base and a message that's incompatible with Romney's.

Why shoot themselves in the foot?

So some guy can blah blah blah about positions that Romney disagrees with (today)?

It's illogical.

Your logic is flawed. If Ron Paul's ideas are so fringe why does the media manipulate the news? Why are there proven instances of election fraud against Ron Paul? Why do people like YOU even bother with somebody so unimportant?

Of course Ron Paul is incompatible with Romney, that is why people like Ron Paul.

I find it so hilarious you think you are logical but can manage to blurt out so much horse dung.

So basically, you think because Paul did kinda well in a few Republican primaries, and because the mainstream media, people who wouldn't naturally cover a fringe candidate, didn't really cover him, and because some Paul fans claimed that Ron was cheated, even though most of their claims are laughable, you think he's therefore actually a strong candidate, if he was only given a chance. Even though his beliefs are far outside the mainstream on many issues.

Sure.

Never mind that he couldn't really get more than 15% of the vote consistantly, and was routinely beaten in polls by people like Rick Santorum, and the pizza guy, who quotes the Pokemon movie.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
reply to post by longlostbrother

So because people want national parks, want laws against sexual harassment, want to be able to have an abortion if they so choose, want student loans, want a department of Ag, want some sort of protection from companies they are not informed voters? I am pretty sure Ron Paul represents the view of very very few. I know Paul supporters seem to think that he is some sort of messiah that should be crowned President despite the fact his ideas are vastly unpopular but, it does not work that way. It does not help him that most of his supporters come off as overbearing and kind of wacky.

No Ron Paul supporters want places like national parks, clean water, standards for food and medicine. But what Ron Paul supporters dont want is a government monopoly on these programs. Are you going to eat food that is improperly stored and kills the people that eat it? Of course not and what will keep the companies to continue creating quality products are we the citizens. We make the choices for how our world is run, not a bunch of stuffy fools that pretend to have our best interest while sleeping in bed with the companies that are actually destroying our world. A free US market that is based off true consumer behavior is what a Paul supporter supports, not this illusion that we are living in now in which failing companies are bailed out with our hard earned tax money. And you are a fool to believe that the state doesnt fund the National Parks, in which Ron Paul wants the FEDERAL government to have no say. It is the state that decides how to use their tax money, what laws to implement. The federal government wasn't created to do these things, that's just what it has become.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Are they scared to let him speak? I figured this would happen.

The "Majestic 2" have been chosen already. Time to line up like good citizens and vote for those that were hand picked for us.

This makes me think the movie "A Few Good Men" where if Ron Paul is asked to speak "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" will be raining down from the sky.

:shk: If he is no threat as they claim....why will they not let him speak?

Paul has no RIGHT to speak.

He couldn't get out the vote and he lost. The rest is sour grapes by his small number of vocal supporters.

Nowhere did I claim he had the RIGHT to speak. I was saying what would it have hurt to let him speak. As far as I know...it would not have hurt at all. That is the problem with all this political BS. All of them are out for themselves. Whenever possible members from both sides of the line should allow anyone to aid them in making this country a better place, or let them express their ideas. More people working together will find solutions faster. That is just common sense.

But no... that's never going to happen because nobody wants to share credit with anyone else or do anything to promote the ideas of an "opponent". There shouldn't be any opponents in reality. They should care about what they are going to do to help the country improve and not so much about wanting to be the only hero IMO.

edit on 8/7/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

Why would they?

He's a fringe candidate with a very small base and a message that's incompatible with Romney's.

So some guy can blah blah blah about positions that Romney disagrees with (today)?

It's illogical.

Your logic is flawed. If Ron Paul's ideas are so fringe why does the media manipulate the news? Why are there proven instances of election fraud against Ron Paul? Why do people like YOU even bother with somebody so unimportant?

Of course Ron Paul is incompatible with Romney, that is why people like Ron Paul.

I find it so hilarious you think you are logical but can manage to blurt out so much horse dung.

So basically, you think because Paul did kinda well in a few Republican primaries, and because the mainstream media, people who wouldn't naturally cover a fringe candidate, didn't really cover him, and because some Paul fans claimed that Ron was cheated, even though most of their claims are laughable, you think he's therefore actually a strong candidate, if he was only given a chance.

Ok, I get it. You're new, you don't know everything and need time to adjust to a forum with so much information.

GOP prematurely closing down conventions to avoid losing to Ron Paul, assault, coercion, canceling caucuses, not reporting specific vote totals, and even GOP official caught on tape confessing surely counts as laughable claims!

And it wasn't the mainstream media not wanting to cover a fringe candidate, it was the mainstream media manipulating news to produce fringe candidate status. Get your facts straight.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I, for one, am happy he won't feel the pressure to give any indication of support to a candidate that he has absolutely nothing in common with. Romney is an automoton, a plastic candidate spewing meaningless sound bites to a hypnotized public.

Frankly, I am embarrassed to still be registered as a Republicrat and this thread is a stark reminder of how low that "party" has sunken.

Unless Ron Paul runs as an independent, I will be voting for Obama.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The republicans have circled the wagons and have begun firing inward...

The smart move would have been to give RP as much time as he wanted and bring him and his supporters back into the tent they were basically kicked out of.

I'm writing in Chuck Norris...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well, Romney just shot himself in the foot. He's now alienated 10-15% of the conservative base, votes he needed.

Is he too stupid to see that a Paul VP would guarantee his victory in November? It's almost like he is trying to lose. I wonder if that's the deal he's agreed to, run and lose on purpose to get Obama another 4 years.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Like I said, Ron Paul does what is good for Freemasonry...

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RedPillFactory

*BREAKING* Ron Paul comes out about his connections with freemasonry!!

edit on 7-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Ron Paul's Fraternity, Lambda Chi Alpha.
en.wikipedia.org...

Allen I. Olson, former Governor of North Dakota. John Oxendine, Current Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner for Georgia, candidate for Governor 2010.[96] Ron Paul, U.S. Member of Congress from Texas and 2012 presidential candidate[97] John Howard Pyle, former Governor of Arizona (honorary).[28] Carl Rich, former Mayor of Cincinnati and U.S. Member of Congress from Ohio.[89]

Lambda Chi Alpha was founded by Freemasons...
www.halcyontemple.org...

Lambda Chi Alpha is a university fraternity started by Freemasons in the early part of the 20th century. Their rituals and philosophy are very similar to that of Freemasonry due to their Masonic heritage.

Occult rituals of the Lambda Chi Alpha 'fraternity'...
pdf.crossandcrescent.com...

The outlines of fraternal history were sought in such books as Heckethorn's Secret Societies of All Ages and Stevens' Cyclopedia of Fraternities (copies of which are now in the central office library); books on the mystery cults of Egypt, the Orient, Greece, and Rome, by such authors as Wallis-Budge, Foucart, Cumont, Farnell, Jane Harrison, Lobeck, and many another; books on the esoteric cul:s of the East, by writers like Max Muller, Whitney, and Rhys-Davids; modern books on occultism like those of Mme. Blavatsky, Anniz Besant, Eliphas Levy, Rudolph Steiner, Edouard Schure, and A. E. Waite; books on Masonry like those of Gould, Fort, and Mackey-all were devoured eagerly; all were laid under contribution, and voluminous notes were made from them. 251 South 44th St., Philadelphia, was littered up with a strange collection of occult and fraternal lore. Particularly, a bibliography of fraternal rituals and fraternal obligations was prepared. Out of all these emerged a formidable collection of notes for the new ritual. In later v,e ars., from these same notes was extracted the text of the lecture on fraternal traditions, which has often been given at various fraternal gatherings. The facts presented in this lecture (there are enough for a dozen) have been found too numerous for complete presentation at anv one time. but extracts from it have often been given, sometimes more and sometimes less successfully, at various fraternal gatherings, Lambda Chi Alpha or other. Out of this welter of material, a few typical and important lessons were extracted. What they are is well known to every initiate. It is ~ e r h a n~ost so well known that several DOr- L L tions of our ritual are extracted from ancient fraternal documents, which had lain hidden for many years until they were dug up for use in this connection. At the present time, a much larger body of references exists, ready to hand for gradual incorporation in future ritual revisions. Extracts from the large .+ amount of manuscript material accumulated have from time to time appeared in THE PURPLEG, REENA, ND GOLDa nd the Expositor, and in some cases other fraternities have used them for new light on their own ritualistic traditions.

Ron Paul was president of his pledge class.
watch.pair.com...

“Congressman Ron Paul (Gettysburg 1957) says the Fraternity provided him much fellowship but also supported him financially. He became house manager and was paid $9 a month, which paid for his rent. He then took the job of kitchen steward, which he says was a little more challenging... Paul also served as chapter secretary and was president of his pledge class.”

Ron Paul is furthering the agenda of the "banksters"...
watch.pair.com/synarchy-6.html#ron-paul-mason

The truth is, Ron Paul is a free trade globalist who desires an international currency. The following statement was made by Congressman Paul in an address to the House of Representatives in 2001: “There’s nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency.... The effort in recent decades to unify government surveillance over all world trade and international financial transactions through the UN, IMF, World Bank, WTO, ICC, the OECD, and the Bank of International Settlements can never substitute for a peaceful world based on true free trade, freedom of movement, a single but sound market currency, and voluntary contracts with private property rights.... The ultimate solution will only come with the rejection of fiat money worldwide, and a restoration of commodity money. Commodity money if voluntarily and universally accepted could give us a single world currency requiring no money managers, no manipulators orchestrating a man-made business cycle with rampant price inflation.” (Congressional Record, 13 March 2001) “Commodity money” refers to gold and silver coinage which was used before fiat currency. Ron Paul’s proposed ‘single worldwide currency’ will fulfill the Protocols of Sion. Protocol 10 “4. When we have accomplished our coup d’etat we shall say then to the various peoples: ‘Everything has gone terribly badly, all have been worn out with suffering. We are destroying the causes of your torment – nationalities, frontiers, differences of coinages.’” Ron Paul not only promotes a common commodity currency, but private gold banks which would necessarily be owned by the same international Jewish bankers who now own the central banks and their headquarters, the BIS in Switzerland. So while Ron Paul campaigns to abolish the Fed, he is advocating an international gold bank like the central banking system presently in place. The difference may be that the Jewish-owned gold banks will hold all of the commodity money, gold, and the Goyim will hold only debtor notes. “Ron Paul’s Ties to Jewish Supremacism and World Government” Christopher Jon Bjerknes “Paul wants to create private gold banks, which obviously will be international and become the centralized entirely private Jewish controlled World bank Paul’s bosses seek to institute as a mechanism of World control. This new Jewish monopoly on banking and gold will give World Jewry even greater control over money and it will be entirely detached from any country’s government. This is the ultimate privatization of money creation and money supply which International Jewry has always sought. Even the system described in Carroll Quigley’s book does not give World Jewry the power they will obtain under Ron Paul’s system, which extant system has already done so much harm to the Third World and the American dollar, “‘The powers of financial capitalism had another far reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements, arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences. The apex of the system was the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the worlds’ central banks which were themselves private corporations. The growth of financial capitalism made possible a centralization of world economic control and use of this power for the direct benefit of financiers and the indirect injury of all other economic groups.’—Carroll Quigley, Tragedy and Hope: A History of The World in Our Time, Macmillan Company, New York, (1966) p. 337. “Ron Paul was heavily promoted by the Hollywood Zionist Jew Aaron Russo, who claimed a close personal friendship with the Rockefeller family and who didn’t want us to talk about ‘Jewish bankers’. Paul’s ties to leading Zionists and his promotion by gold merchants and prominent figures in the ‘911 truth movement’ who shy away from the proven Zionist Jewish and Israeli connection to 911, has been documented by others.” Private gold banks? According to Bob Chapman, as reported in his International Forecaster, private gold banks which issue digital gold will be the route to making a global currency palatable to the masses. Digital gold is electronic gold; in other words, virtual gold which exists only on a computer, backed by physical gold in the private gold banks. “We are hearing more and more about digital gold as a private-bank solution to potential devaluation of fiat currencies. The May/June issue of the CFR’s, Foreign Affairs magazine, Brenn Steil a senior fellow and director of International Economics, who has been on loan from the parent Royal Institute in London since 1996, says digital gold, ‘although a niche business at present, gold banking has grown dramatically in recent years in tandem with the dollar’s decline.’ Mr. Steil was the Illuminist who drew up the plans for the North American Union and the Amero. If there is digital gold out there somewhere we haven’t heard about it. “The new approach to a world currency obviously will be digital gold. This way they can introduce a one-world currency backed by gold to make it acceptable to the world public. The digital nature means government would know every aspect of your financial life and would control you and your country. The gold storage would, of course, be controlled by the Illuminists. The elitists have come to the conclusion another fiat currency is not going to be acceptable. This is why JP Morgan Chase, Citicorp and Goldman Sachs talk in terms of $2,000 gold and UBS projects $2,500. Historically such benchmarks are usually and normally exceeded by prices from $3,000 to $7,000. “Steil says countries should abandon monetary nationalism and embrace a world currency. Washington’s latest approach hasn’t worked and the CFR-London Institute approach is in trouble as well.” (“Depression, World Currency and Digital Gold”) Plans for a private Jewish-controlled World gold bank are confirmed in the Protocols of Sion. Protocol 20 “22. You are aware that the gold standard has been the ruin of the states which adopted it, for it has not been able to satisfy the demands for money, the more so that we have removed gold from circulation as far as possible.” Protocol 3 “10. In the present state of knowledge and the direction we have given to its development of the people...a blind hatred towards all conditions which it considers above itself, for it has no understanding of the meaning of class and condition. This hatred will be still further magnified by the effects of an economic crises, which will stop dealing on the exchanges and bring industry to a standstill. We shall create by all the secret subterranean methods open to us and with the aid of gold, which is all in our hands, a universal economic crises whereby we shall throw upon the streets whole mobs of workers simultaneously in all the countries of Europe.”

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
By the way, the title of the OP is misleading.

Ron Paul was not assigned a speaking slot at the RNC.

Of course, why would they assign somebody a speaking slot if he could be nominated from the floor for a 15 minute speech?

Despite whatever the RNC tries to pull, he is still technically a candidate and is currently eligible for nomination.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RedPillFactory

Just registered today to troll an already debunked topic? Didn't another REDPILL member troll the same topics before but was ignored by ATS?

Cool story.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
trolling? ..more like laughing at sheeple "troofers" that don't know anything about their own damn country.
Maybe I was wrong wasting my time in this pit of alex jones repeaters...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedPillFactory
trolling? ..more like laughing at sheeple "troofers" that don't know anything about their own damn country.

yup, you're wayyyyy behind.

I would loooove for ATS members to double check your references. All storytelling.

What the heck is a "free trade globalist that desires a international currency" anyways? Your bedtime story contradicts itself in the first sentence.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I would loooove for ATS members to double check your references. All storytelling.

What the heck is a "free trade globalist that desires a international currency" anyways? Your bedtime story contradicts itself in the first sentence.

Check em yourself. Or are you too afraid of reading what you don't want to hear?

And you can pick apart that author's commentary all you want but the sources are undeniable...wikipedia...lodge sites...Cross and Crescent's publication...

Get a grip...expand your horizons kiddo.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Why would they?

It's illogical.

That "fringe" Candidate has enough supporters that ANY Republican Candidate can not win the General Election without them. To flat out ignore or exclude them will..simply put.. cost the Republicans this election.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Check em yourself. Or are you too afraid of reading what you don't want to hear?

And you can pick apart that author's commentary all you want but the sources are undeniable...wikipedia...lodge sites...Cross and Crescent's publication...

Get a grip...expand your horizons kiddo.

oh boy.

Wikipedia is not an undeniable source.

Lodge sites (wtf?) are not an undeniable source

Cross and Crescent's publication? how is that an undeniable source? they're telling STORIES and you're eating it up and licking the remnants.

Trolls like you have been debunked many times here on ATS repeating the same old jibberish.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It would be more appropriate for him to speak at the Democratic convention.
All of his supporters say if they can't vote for Paul, they will vote for Obama.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join