It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C'mon! Help support terrorism, even if they kill you.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

That old saying, "A fool and his money. . . " is quite apt in this situation.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I do agree with that, but, does anyone on here (ATS) actually give donations to these types of things without fully looking into it? I mean, on the surface, it looks good. Who wouldn't want to give to rebels to help them fight against a corrupt government? Wouldn't we appreciate it if we were doing the same? But, would we accept the money knowing that enemies have infiltrated the ranks, or rather go about it ourselves?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by olaru12

Not trying to bash anyone besides the insanity of giving money to your enemies. If you can't read any media, how do you propose we try to understand what is happening in the world?
Not everyone can afford to fly everywhere they want to learn about.

There is no way in hell a layman can understand what is really going on in the world by listening to any media.
The media is nothing more than a propaganda machine manipulating the gullible and foolish.

Who you call the "Bad guys" may infact be allies in the future. Alliances change, deals are made and shadow agencies with agendas so complicated as to be indecipherable by anyone except those in top secret clearances.

Don't fall into the trap of seeking simple solutions to lies and deception; And adopting an ideology; conservative or liberal just shows how you have been manipulated by the mouthpieces paid to sway opinions.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by beezzer

I do agree with that, but, does anyone on here (ATS) actually give donations to these types of things without fully looking into it? I mean, on the surface, it looks good. Who wouldn't want to give to rebels to help them fight against a corrupt government? Wouldn't we appreciate it if we were doing the same? But, would we accept the money knowing that enemies have infiltrated the ranks, or rather go about it ourselves?

I possted a while back that I didn't think that there were solid good guys or solid bad guys (though Assad is a dictator) in this. And since a population of Syria is in fear of the rebels winning this, then I think any donations right now would be misguided.

If people want to send money THAT badly, then they could give it to all those refugees camped out in Turkey. They want NO part of fighting by any side.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
You guys need to truly understand this because I am coming from a Middle Eastern nation. The people over there NEED dictators. They can't function without one. I know what you are thinking "That's BS we need to spread democracy, yata yata yata". But the truth is that there are far too many extremists in the middle east. Look at our enemies; Iraq, Iran, Syria, (now i'm going into Africa) Lybia, Yemen, and etc. All hard nosed dictators. Now look at our allies; Saudi Arabia (brutal dictatorship but no one says anything because he is a King and is our friend), Bahrain (which quelled the democratic uprising using US weapons and the US media does not even mention them because we are allies), and Qatar (another dictatorship).

Why do the more developed dictators have to go but our allies can stay as hard nosed regimes?

I knew when the uprisings started happening that the US and Israel were behind them. The main reason for this is because Israel is trying to set up an attack on Iran's nuclear program most likely by the end of this year or early 2013. You destabilize Iran's key allies and attack it. Russia has its dock on Syrian territory. With Syria out of the mix Russia will find it harder to defend Iran.

If you look at the world as a chess board, everyone is making strategic moves into another world war. It will be Russia vs the US. China will be smart and not get involved because it does business with both sides. And once this war is over, China will rise up and begin to conquer.

You will not hear nothing about this because, as Gerald Celente says, there is no more media, it is only propaganda.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I'm not seeking simple solutions, I would merely like to see other peoples outlooks on this craziness! It doesn't matter for us in the west anyways, we get to complain on the comfort of our couches while sipping a coke typing on a laptop, while waiting for the pizza to come. I am more worried about the people who have to live under the fear of a superpower coming in and wreaking havoc on their lives. I just don't understand why we have to meddle in other country's problems. It wasn't too long ago that the western countries were in the same boat. Maybe they need to fight things out for their "best" option to come into play. Imagine if China were more advanced in the 1700's and decided to go against George Washington...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Just to recap alquaeda. They launched an attack against America in 2001 and then conviniently hided out in Afghanistan, where first the Russians wanted to go, for reasons of Geopolitical power and then ISAF had to go, not for reasons of geopolitical power of course, but to catch Bin Laden. Then they had a hand in the strife between sunnis in Iraq and went on to aid in the war against Ghadaffi and now Assad.

Yeah, those evil evil terrorists, which are totally not funded by western sources anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
More reports of the rebels killing innocents. Mass grave discovered. More propaganda? I don't know.

RT link.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
You guys need to truly understand this because I am coming from a Middle Eastern nation. The people over there NEED dictators. They can't function without one. I know what you are thinking "That's BS we need to spread democracy, yata yata yata". But the truth is that there are far too many extremists in the middle east. Look at our enemies; Iraq, Iran, Syria, (now i'm going into Africa) Lybia, Yemen, and etc. All hard nosed dictators. Now look at our allies; Saudi Arabia (brutal dictatorship but no one says anything because he is a King and is our friend), Bahrain (which quelled the democratic uprising using US weapons and the US media does not even mention them because we are allies), and Qatar (another dictatorship).

How does dictatorship combat extremism? It seems like it woudl be easier to engage in extremist behavior that endangers the lives of other citizens under a dictator, because a dictator would have no obligation to quell anything that didn't affect their standing in government. Our allies have been featured sporadically. The US temporarily stopped supplying weapons last year, even though they've started up again it's not as though they are not reexamining their relationship with their allies and enemies.

You will not hear nothing about this because, as Gerald Celente says, there is no more media, it is only propaganda.

Everything can't be propaganda, otherwise you wouldn't be able to conclude what you just concluded. Or at least you should doubt that your conclusion is accurate. Unless you've got more reliable intelligence sources, but since this makes sense with information you can glean from the media, even if you're utilizing another source of intelligence the media still can't be wholly useless propaganda. I do believe we have to take our time and look at several different sources and try our best to form reasonable opinions on things after gathering as much factual evidence as possible, but I also believe that news outlets are so widespread and quickly updated electronically that it would be impossible to control the international press even if all the world's governments were in perfect harmony.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join