It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Can you feel it?"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

You are aware that the milky way is composed of stars right. I've seen more than you can imagine, up close and personal. Have you ever stared death straight in the face? I have more than once. Guess what I'm still here.

Have you ever used a really good telescope? You can see alot more than the milky way. Don't tell me what I have or have not seen as you have no idea of what I have seen.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedimind

Originally posted by Jedimind
I'm hanging out with "the wrong young people" huh? I didn't realize that the thousands of young people I've interacted with in my life from different areas of the country aren't up to your standards of the ''right young people''. The young people part wasn't even that important in the basic point I was trying to get across...

Second, I don't know why you bring up hippies and sheeple since that's not what my post was about. My comments were about...well, actually I'm not going to repeat myself just because you obviously have a huge bias in this area and are possibly one of the 'can you feel it?' types which prevents you from looking at the issue objectively and understanding some simple statements about the topic.

Really…. I’m the one with a huge bias…?

When you open a post with "I can feel a change in the vibrations maaaan!" then wrongly attribute these threads to ‘young people who are disillusioned with the world’ , AND then make some ill thought out inference that these people are‘deluding themselves into thinking that there is some sort of super natural change taking place that will magically make all the bad things in the world go away.’ I think I am perfectly entitled to use a bit of sarcasm in my response in order to point out how wrong your assumptions truly are.

Your broad generalisations seem to assume that it is only the younger generations think in terms of energy shifts; and that the type of people who think in this sort of way are quite happy to sit back and let some invisible global energy take care of the many problems of the world. This in its self is another falsehood as it is often these sorts of people who are the most vocal about global change.

Whether I am or am not a ‘can you feel it’ type makes me any less able to pull someone up on their inaccurate use of stereotypes. Secondly, if I was one of these types does not make me look at the issue any less objectively than yourself who is clearly not one of these types.

My mention of sheeple was simply pointing you in the direction of the main contributors of the problems we all see around us today. I completely agree with you that ‘The people who aren't informed about tyranny and corruption need to get informed’ however the use of broad generalisations such as those in your above post only contributes to the problems we see around us; and only increases the polarity, separation and fear evident in the world all around us when we should in fact be coming together to pull the worlds governments up to account.

I can only assume you have this point of view because you mention you ‘used to think this way’ and then have obviously become disillusioned at some point probably sometime in the not too distant past, which is quite easy to do if you are in fact hanging with the ‘wrong young people’….

Forgive me for maybe being a little too cynical regarding your above post but words such as that and the topic of this thread in general (as my initial response I guess) do nothing to solve the problems we see around us and merely serve to keep us fighting amongst ourselves over petty issues when we all have much broader problems to address.

edit on 8/8/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Well, you're clearly biased too. Based on your posts, I can see that you view the whole "New Age" (Rediscovery would be more accurate, since we would have known this stuff much sooner of the Christians hadn't been afraid of it...it's all older than Jesus) distastefully.

In all honesty, I'm pretty sure you haven't done the research on harmonics, crystal vibration, numerology, noetics, and dozens of other subjects that deal with energy in the universe...and how our intentions affect that energy. Hundreds of accounts, thousands of experiments, documented sessions, etc.

I suppose you don't believe in ghosts, either.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I feel the exact same way. What do you mean by waking up? Are you saying we are being enlightened and are evolving spiritually?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

That's a nice huge bunch of text I didn't read. Good job. Your first reply didn't even directly address any of the few basic points I made and also made me doubt if you processed those points to begin with. Especially considering that you implied that I was making a statement about something that I didn't even mention, (hippies vs sheeple, who's best at making change?), I don't want to further discuss this with you. It's a waste of our time.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Jedimind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Well, you're clearly biased too. Based on your posts, I can see that you view the whole "New Age" (Rediscovery would be more accurate, since we would have known this stuff much sooner of the Christians hadn't been afraid of it...it's all older than Jesus) distastefully.

In all honesty, I'm pretty sure you haven't done the research on harmonics, crystal vibration, numerology, noetics, and dozens of other subjects that deal with energy in the universe...and how our intentions affect that energy. Hundreds of accounts, thousands of experiments, documented sessions, etc.

I suppose you don't believe in ghosts, either.

Everyone has a bias, sure. But I wasn't the one first replying to someone's post trying to shoot it down due to my own bias.
Your response is typical of the 'I have a feeling' crowd by saying that ''you haven't done the research''. It doesn't matter that I haven't done the research. The burden of proof that some sort of monumental change in vibration, etc. is taking place is on you people making the assertion so you need to provide some sort of proof as opposed to listing topics like crystal vibration and saying that there have been hundreds of accounts and thousands of experiments. This proves nothing.

And of course I don't believe in ghosts because I'm an adult with a rational mind.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

That's a nice huge bunch of text I didn't read. Good job.

I guess it was a little silly of me based on your initial posts to assume you actually had the mental capacity to handle a well thought out response or that you in fact were even capable of making it through such a lengthy post (i.e. more 2 paragraphs).

Sorry.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I edited my reply there to explain why it'd be a waste of my time to read your blather. I can assure you that it has nothing to do with a lack of mental capacity. A lack of mental capacity is something that the 'can you feel it?' crowd is a little more familiar with.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

If you have any sort of credible study that's accepted by the scientific community which indicates any sort of vibrational change, etc. then you should probably link to that instead of making attacks on my mental capacity.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This thread has got me thinking. I'm trying to work on setting my ego aside in order to get a better, unbiased perspective on things (sooooo NOT perfect at it, but getting a little better day-by-day). So I'm thinking "instead of getting offended at those who ridicule the types of threads that I identify with, why don't I try to understand where these people are coming from?"

Anyway, what I'm 'hearing" (for lack of a better term) when I read the posts in this thread is that people here are basically frustrated when someone posts about a certain "feeling", but can't properly elaborate on what that feeling is. They try to understand by asking what the poster means, but the poster either can't or won't explain it. It's a fair complaint to make, and maybe us "feelers" (like that? I just made it up, lol) could try to put more effort into communicating a little better. After all, that is the point of this forum, is it not?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelgarden

Or maybe the OP is a bit peeved at the fakers and star seekers that create vague threads with general appeal and little or no real content just to get stars and flags.

While there are genuine feelings that could be sensed by those sensitive, some of the threads posted seem less genuine than your average ''REAL alien video'' on Youtube. Sometimes the basis of these threads IS Youtube videos of dubious origin and scantly truthful.

The whole drama of the ''OMG did you feel it'' ''quick RUN FOR THE HILLS, it's HAPPENING NOW'' kind of threads where the thing they say never happened like they said it was, but the same posters go back there each thread and say ''OMG yes I FEEL it, I feel it in my bones'' etc.

hmmmmm!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I edited my reply there to explain why it'd be a waste of my time to read your blather. I can assure you that it has nothing to do with a lack of mental capacity. A lack of mental capacity is something that the 'can you feel it?' crowd is a little more familiar with.

I would hazard a guess that it would have been far quicker simply to read my response than type and then edit your last post.

I simply pointed out the inaccurate generalisations which you made and then apologised for the curt tone of my reply. The fact you didn’t read it suggests I needn’t have even bothered, and your edit suggests you do not have any problem with inaccurate generalisations

If you have any sort of credible study that's accepted by the scientific community which indicates any sort of vibrational change, etc. then you should probably link to that instead of making attacks on my mental capacity.

Please show me any credible study that shows anything suggested on this site (other than in the science forum itself ) is in fact accurate; and then maybe I’ll spend a bit of time digging up some research which suggests people can in fact sense psychic energy, assuming you’d actually read it…

At any rate here’s a few teasers for you..

For starters the Double Slit Experiment, shows that the human mind collapsing waves into particles outside the confines of the brain. By the very definition of the term ‘pychic’ this is psychic phenomenom.

Through the Quantum Erazer Experiment this psychic phenomena was shown not to have anything to do with the equipment used but could only be the observer and it was also shown to work backwards in time.

Predicting the future proven by Cornell experiments

New studies show people can anticipate future events

A new study involving hundreds of Cornell undergrads has provided a dramatic demonstration of numerous ‘retroactive’ psi effects – that is, phenomena that are inexplicable according to current scientific knowledge

………………..

Take priming – the effect whereby a subliminal (i.e. too fast for conscious detection) presentation of a word or concept speeds subsequent reaction times for recognition of a related stimulus. Bem turned this around by having participants categorise pictures as negative or positive and then presenting them subliminally with a negative or positive word. That is, the primes came afterwards. Students were quicker, by an average of 16.5ms, to categorise negative pictures as negative when they were followed by a negative subliminal word (e.g. ‘threatening’), almost as if that word were acting as a prime working backwards in time.

In another experiment participants looked at successive pairs of neutral mirror images and chose their favourite – the left or right. After each pair, an unpleasant picture was flashed subliminally on one side or the other. You guessed it, participants tended to favour the mirror image on the side of the screen opposite to where an unpleasant picture was about to appear.

These Experiments were conducted at Cornell University and were all peer reviewed

Hard Scientific evidence of psychic phenomena

At Princeton University’s Anomalous Phenomena department, Dr. Robert Jahn and Brenda Dunne have established beyond scientific doubt and under the strictest controls that certain people have the incredible ability to influence the fall of dice in a roulette machine. This ability is known as telekinesis, which can simply be defined as “mind over matter.”

The proof of their meticulous research, conducted over a period of more than 25 years, is contained in their pioneering book entitled “Margins of Reality.” Those who love to pore over statistics and calculate probability ratios repeatedly will love this book.

Happy?

Shall we move on...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Move on? Done and done. The experiments you listed do not provide any proof of any sort of vibrational shift in the air or 'can you feel it?' type of phenomenon and you know it.

I suggest doing away with the curt tone in the first place that way people won't be dissuaded from further interaction with you. Simply because I have a different outlook than you, uou basically wrote off my entire original post, ended with a thumbs down, twisted my words, and not once addressed any specific points I made. Not sure how you expect anyone to react positively to that and desire to hear more of what you have to say.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

edit on 8-8-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Your response is typical of the 'I have a feeling' crowd by saying that ''you haven't done the research''. It doesn't matter that I haven't done the research. The burden of proof that some sort of monumental change in vibration, etc. is taking place is on you people making the assertion so you need to provide some sort of proof as opposed to listing topics like crystal vibration and saying that there have been hundreds of accounts and thousands of experiments. This proves nothing.

It is my opinion that in these metaphysical matters the basis or burden of proof has to first be experienced by the individual before it can be collaborated with the rest of humanity and our current 'proving'-system. Experienced though--not researched or read or preached to. This is the primary reason why everyone with these 'feelings' sound so aloof. They are still trying to understand their experiences themselves and probably jumping the gun by speaking of it as a universal truth. I am not sure we are even at the point yet where we are ready to definitively and scientifically prove all these metaphysical aspects. It may seem difficult to comprehend right now, but I believe our mind and our scientific method is strong enough to find that definitive proof.
Also...what is so wrong with us ' I have a feeling' types? Since when was human intuition not a valid and insightful part of all the ways in which we view our world? I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, but you were seeming to gladly just throw us all out with the trash...maybe I was simply reading to much into you comment though.
Also (again) whenever I come across threads like that I always think about the Through the Wormhole episode where they talked about random number generators.
topdocumentaryfilms.com... sense/
edit on 8-8-2012 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2012 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
"BELIEVE ME, I CAN FEEL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

OH YES I CAN

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Move on? Done and done. The experiments you listed do not provide any proof of any sort of vibrational shift in the air or 'can you feel it?' type of phenomenon and you know it.

It suggests evidence for psychic phenomena. How do you think these people ‘feel’ such vibrational shifts? By wetting their pinky finger and sticking it in the air…..?

I suggest doing away with the curt tone in the first place that way people won't be dissuaded from further interaction with you. Simply because I have a different outlook than you, uou basically wrote off my entire original post, ended with a thumbs down, twisted my words, and not once addressed any specific points I made.

No, I wrote off the parts of your posts which I quoted, and I did not quote your entire post. The points I addressed were the ones which I disagreed. I have interacted here on ATS with many many posters who disagreed with what I had to say. The difference is that they did not make broadly inaccurate generalisations which they then attributed to everyone who thinks a certain way. They were also willing to listen to read an opposing point of view and didn’t simply write off responses by saying ‘To long didn’t read’

If I appeared to twist your words that was not intentional and I explained why I wrote what I did in my following post. (The one you didn’t read).

Not sure how you expect anyone to react positively to that and desire to hear more of what you have to say.

The same can be said by someone who’s post starts out with "I can feel a change in the vibrations maaaan!"

So I guess to a certain degree we’re both at fault here… And like I think i said, or at least meant to say is sorry I was a little curt. I feel it was with good reason but at the same time I realise it's not exactly condusive to furthering one's knowldge about either side of the debate.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

You lacrimosa really are the most pathetic sort of poster here on ATS.

Throwing out insults to people who think differently to you with no corroborating evidence to back up your claims; and then desperately deleting the post before a mod sees it in a sad attempt at trying to keep your account alive ever so slightly longer in order to spread more of you vacuous posts.

Consider yourself reported, and I for one will not be sorry when you finally get banned.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

This exchange has been stressful and a waste of my time. I had a feeling that I shouldn't have responded to you in the first place.
When I started my post in the way that apparently rubbed you the wrong way, it was just a post replying to and agreeing with the OP. When you posted however, you were directly replying to me in an manner of ridicule and started the ball rolling. After I retaliate in kind (and you fail to provide evidence about a vibrational shift to shut me up btw) you now say we're both to blame? I don't think so pal.
These type of things are why I don't debate politics online but I'm surprised to run into this friction in this area.
It's funny to think too that we'd probably get along in real life but when people wanna talk crap online and come at me in the way you did trying to talk down to me like I'm stupid, I'm not gonna put up with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join