It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Can you feel it?"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
I'm gonna try to send all you negative nancys some positive FEELINGS today.

I already feel positive about those 'feelings' threads, positively annoyed at the ridicularity of them

(thanks for the well wishing tho)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here are a few you missed…

- I heard this humming noise last night.
- I had this dream and...
- Am I losing my mind?
- Can you see it?
- I was talking to a friend and…
- I’m so tired of people.
- Is it just me or…..
- Ask yourself...
- Am I awake?
- Impending invasion.
- Is this really happening?
- You need to ask yourself...

edit on 7-8-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

My hypothesis is that deep down many people want TSTHTF... their lives are either boring and mundane. Or they are having financial problems and if there are no more banks, etc... Then you do not have to pay your mortgage, credit card bills, student loans... (Man where is the Apocalypse when you need it)...

Also look at how many movies, T.V. Shows, books, etc have been about some kind of futuristic post apocalyptic world? And how many other movies about super villians trying to bring about the end of civilization? This is nothing new. Add to that the fact that Discovery, History Channel etc are constantly reminding us of the numerous unknowns out there that could cause this. Factor in the recent earthquakes, tsumanis, Ebola, Bird Flu, and it doesn't help. Add a little religion to the recipe and then what do you have? Deep down we all know it will happen eventually... It could be thousands of years from now, it could be tonight or tomorrow,,, Maybe next week. I wouldn't go as far as saying it is in our DNA but it certainly is deep in our subconcious mind...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I believe there is a change going on but nothing anyone can feel unless they are so poverty stricken that they are dying of hunger! The change I believe is more of us aware of the deceptions that are in play and though we may have known before that we were being lied to, manipulated and cheated but now we know who, what and why or at least more of us know! Whether this will lead to a change for the betterment of mankind or to the downfall of civilization remains to be seen! I hope it's not the latter but i do expect it to be! Only because of a lack of any
involvement in the affairs that led us down this road but hopefully this will change! it should with so many of us out of work and with corruption in full view of the public! We should be wearing our full revolutionary gear along with torches and pitchforks demanding the resignations of our leaders who have shown their colors to be green and yellow (the colors of money and cowardace)! We should be on the precipice of a new more balanced era
where instead of working for the wealth of ones self, we work for the betterment of all man kind!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm a little confused about the point of the rant. What is the part that you find annoying? Is it the vagueness of the posts? Or, do you think people who say they are waking up really AREN'T waking up? Or that they get so many stars and flags? I'm just trying to understand.

While I haven't created any of those threads, I've definitely posted in them. It's nice to have something happen (like seeing something in a new light, for example), wonder if you're the only one who has noticed, come online to find that no, others have noticed, too.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Another_Nut
reply to post by lonegurkha

if you haven't gone to a mountain top on Kauai then i suggest trying it.that made me feel. im guessing you live in a major town and haven't seen the stars lately. just a hunch.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

Actually, I live in a rather small city and where my home is, on the outskirts of that city, I can see the stars quite well from my back yard.When you get to my age perhaps you will understand. After the world beats you into the ground for nearly 60 years you tend to stop feeling it.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Such arrogance. To further disclose on such information would only mean it will fall on deaf ears, sorta speak. Therefore my comment rests

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

I have definitely read those threads too
more times than I wanted/meant to

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Awesome. I was so ready to spout off how ridiculous you were because these threads are and have always been pervasive ... then you hit the nail on the head - that's it's all a bunch of BS and much more indicative of a lack of education in how the world and reality works over individual's psychoses and constructed fantasy worlds ... brought on mainly by First World boredom, I suspect. Wow, it's nice to know there's someone out there who forms conclusions based on what is real ... what the world has actually shown him or her, not YouTube, not ignorance and not fear.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I think the most annoying part is if you post a comment saying you don't feel any different wtf are you on about, they just respond with "if you dont understand what I'm talking about, then its just not your time yet" or something vague like that, as if they were talking down to you. They are special, and because you cannot feel this apparent change you are lower then they.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speak3asy

Such arrogance. To further disclose on such information would only mean it will fall on deaf ears, sorta speak. Therefore my comment rests

I'm not quite sure what point this comment is trying to get across, but if I am interpreting it right, they are saying the reason they don't elaborate more is because we won't listen to them/believe their evidence? Or whatever they have to offer as proof.. You see the problem is that there have been countless amounts of these threads, and that is the reason that there are so many "deaf ears" out there, because this same crap is recycled on a daily basis, most people have just given up on seeing and kind of proof to these outlandish claims.

It is not arrogant to come onto the rant board and post a thread about something that bugs the crap out of 90% of people in this forum, however it is arrogant to come in to this thread and start throwing accusations around, and pretend like you have the answer to all of these secrets.

Oh and as we draw closer and closer to 12/21/12 there are going to be countless threads with this same baloney in it, so be prepared!
edit on 7-8-2012 by knightwhosaysnih because: added last para

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Great rant OP and I couldn't agree more.

Let's face it, the "I can feel a change in the vibrations maaaan!" threads are probably created by younger people who are disillusioned with the world (rightly so) and deluding themselves into thinking that there is some sort of super natural change taking place that will magically make all the bad things in the world go away.
(I know this because I myself use to think this way (Mayan calendar, etc.))

Granted, with the speed of technological innovation there certainly are some incredible changes on the horizon; life extension, nano technology, quantum technology, etc.

HOWEVER, I really dislike when I see this delusion cause such apathy and a ''darn this world it's all going to end soon anyway and be reborn'' attitude that is so pervasive in the younger generation.

Again, there is some truth to what they're saying (possible financial collapse, etc.) , but I feel that TPTB and the controlling elites have already managed to feed this fear and hysteria and use it to their advantage. For example, people might not be quite so compelled to rise up and rebel against the corrupt forces that screw us over everyday as long as they assume it's going to fall on it's own anyway in some sort of doomsday scenario.

Sure, they might be right...BUT, what if they're wrong!?! and the only way to stop the corruption is tangible and direct action (or willful and massive withdrawal from the system)?

To sum up,
1) The people who aren't informed about tyranny and corruption need to get informed.

2) People who are informed but assume it's all going to end by some magical vibrational change alluded to in the OP need to keep in mind that "All that it takes for evil to persist is a few good people to stand by and do nothing to challenge it!"
If I were part of the elite I would find it quite comforting and amusing to witness the widespread belief and hope poured into mayan 2012, vibrational shift, etc.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FailedProphet
This is a rant about a certain kind of topic that I see every now and then on ATS and other boards that shall remain nameless. Titles are similar to that of this thread (minus the quotation marks, which denote snarky irony). Examples:

"Can you feel it?"
"There has been a shift."
"It won't be long now."
"The change we have been waiting for is almost here."
"Have you woken up too?"

...and other variants too numerous to mention. The common denominator is a vaguely described "change in the vibes" that has either just happened or is about to happen.

What gets me is the responses. "Yeah bro, I can feel it too." These threads will frequently end up bristling with stars and flags, frequently racking up double-digit page counts.

They are, as far as I am concerned, monuments to the endless human idiocy on the net. How people can respond to these is beyond me.

That's my rant.

Originally posted by Propulsion
Here are a few you missed…

- I heard this humming noise last night.
- I had this dream and...
- Am I losing my mind?
- Can you see it?
- I was talking to a friend and…
- I’m so tired of people.
- Is it just me or…..
- Ask yourself...
- Am I awake?
- Impending invasion.
- Is this really happening?
- You need to ask yourself...

Sooo

Everyone here's all fine with people who believe in aliens, shadow governments, illuminati and the secret agenda of TPTB, but as soon as we move on to a group of people who bring up topics which may have a slight New Age slant to it lets just point and laugh.

There's a reason that the do you feel it thread is the third highest flagged thread in the entire Metaphysics and Philosophy Forum.... because so many people do feel shifts in global energy...

Do you know wanna know my rant...? Close minded types who read the first sentence of a thread and then feel they have a right to ridicule those who do participate in a topic about which they know nothing about.

Here's an idea....

If you click on a thread with a subject which you know nothing about, either read up on the topic until you know enough to make some constructive criticism, or simply click the 'back' button until you find an 'Obama is a puppet of the Rothchilds/Aliens sighted over Disney Land' type thread which is much more to your liking...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedimind
Great rant OP and I couldn't agree more.

Let's face it, the "I can feel a change in the vibrations maaaan!" threads are probably created by younger people who are disillusioned with the world (rightly so) and deluding themselves into thinking that there is some sort of super natural change taking place that will magically make all the bad things in the world go away.
(I know this because I myself use to think this way (Mayan calendar, etc.))

HOWEVER, I really dislike when I see this delusion cause such apathy and a ''darn this world it's all going to end soon anyway and be reborn'' attitude that is so pervasive in the younger generation.

Quite obviously you are hanging out with the wrong young people if you actually think this attitude is in anyway 'pervasive'...

Originally posted by Jedimind

To sum up,
1) The people who aren't informed about tyranny and corruption need to get informed.

2) People who are informed but assume it's all going to end by some magical vibrational change alluded to in the OP need to keep in mind that "All that it takes for evil to persist is a few good people to stand by and do nothing to challenge it!"
If I were part of the elite I would find it quite comforting and amusing to witness the widespread belief and hope poured into mayan 2012, vibrational shift, etc.

Ye I see it now.... cos all those hippies out there are just sitting back and waiting for an energetic change to fix things while it's the rest of the sheeple who are really making a difference by rising up against the TPTB and making the world a better place.

riiiight....

edit on 8/8/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Being a 'sensitive' dosn't mean you think magickal rainbow powers from unicorns are going to make everyone hug each other and solve all our problems. Being 'sensitive' is a tool and tools must be cultivated and used. Some people choose to embrace that sensitivity rather than hide it.
People on ATS come from all walks of life and all stages of understanding. It seems only natural that there is such diversity. If ATS loses that diversity, then I will know it is time for me to move on. Yup, I even like this thread.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha

Originally posted by Another_Nut
reply to post by lonegurkha

if you haven't gone to a mountain top on Kauai then i suggest trying it.that made me feel. im guessing you live in a major town and haven't seen the stars lately. just a hunch.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

Actually, I live in a rather small city and where my home is, on the outskirts of that city, I can see the stars quite well from my back yard.When you get to my age perhaps you will understand. After the world beats you into the ground for nearly 60 years you tend to stop feeling it.

i just wanted you to know, silly man. that the fact that you said "i can see the stars quite well" in fact proves me correct as to my assessment of you . if you had ever truly seen a night sky the you would know you don't see the "stars" anymore. you see The Milky Way. now i know you will try to defend yourself , as you see this as an attack of some kind on you. its not . go to that mountaintop while you have a chance. see your place in the grand scheme before its to late.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

They are, as far as I am concerned, monuments to the endless human idiocy on the net. How people can respond to these is beyond me.

That's my rant.

...so, when can we expect you to pack your bags?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

if you had ever truly seen a night sky the you would know you don't see the "stars" anymore. you see The Milky Way.

I thought the Milky Way was composed of thousands and thousands of stars...so according to you, my science teacher was lying?

Seems legit.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I totally feel it brother. I had a dream that it was coming too. Namaste!

Such threads always make me think of the stupid ghost/paranormal shows where the most exciting part is when someone claims to "feel" something, and the viewer is supposed to believe it must be true because the "ghost hunter" says he felt/heard/saw it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

I'm hanging out with "the wrong young people" huh? I didn't realize that the thousands of young people I've interacted with in my life from different areas of the country aren't up to your standards of the ''right young people''. The young people part wasn't even that important in the basic point I was trying to get across...

Second, I don't know why you bring up hippies and sheeple since that's not what my post was about. My comments were about...well, actually I'm not going to repeat myself just because you obviously have a huge bias in this area and are possibly one of the 'can you feel it?' types which prevents you from looking at the issue objectively and understanding some simple statements about the topic.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Jedimind because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join