It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Can you feel it?"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I can feel a quickening and I feel anxious most of the time. I know something is going to happen or is happening, just dont know what.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by rebellender

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I agree with your rant.

And every time I read a thread title with "Can you feel it?" My normal 35 year old female brain switches to 16 year old mid-puberty male brain and the one-liners that follow it up are too numerous to post and too against ATS T&C to post as well.

I am trying to grasp what you are sayin here, truly I am but, I'm not following you.

as for the OP, your rant is a cliche' and a well used one at that

Reb! Come on. are ya baiting those of us with a less than politically correct sense of humor into providing a example and then get the ban hammer dropped upon our poor not-so-innocent noggins?

I'll take the risk in providing a example. And i hope that in doing so do not break the T&C.

"Can ya feel it?"

"Only when the urge strikes me."

edit on 6-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

That's heading in the right direction there TDawg...
I'm not even touching an example. My wee wrist is still sore from the last time it got slapped.

Wait a second...he wrote "Grasp"

I think he gets it and that it is we who may be slow on the uptake.

edit on 6-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

You are making it more difficult (notice I didn't say harder) to resist as I didn't even catch that one!
Evil influences...

edit on 8/7/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Very good rant! I did a thread about how i wasn't feeling it back a few months ago..
Its like the power of suggestion if one feels it everyone does..Well i haven't felt anything ..So I'm glad I'm not the only one..I guess I'm just "unenlightened" and not in tune with the universe or something along those lines.peace,sugarcookie1 S&F

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

if you haven't gone to a mountain top on Kauai then i suggest trying it.that made me feel. im guessing you live in a major town and haven't seen the stars lately. just a hunch.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Speaking of feelings, your avatar has me feeling a bit light-headed. In a good way.

Now let's see...stay on topic....um, yah.

Anyway thanks for the replies to everyone, even the dude who called me cliched. I guess "can you feel it" threads have as much right to exist as anything else; if somebody has a subjective feeling of impending whatever-ness, might as well share it. But I still think its so often pointless because the feelings in question are so vaguely defined as to be utterly meaningless.

It's nice we can all share our feelings n' stuff.
edit on 8/7/2012 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

I thought it was a good rant. Gave ya a S&F for it even.

I apoligize if my sense of humor got the better of me. I couldn't help it as I saw so many openings and had to get at least one out of my head.

I'm telling ya, this thread if left to the humorists would get oh, so, many, people banned.

As I used to tell my Soldiers. "Don't hurt my feeling...I have only one left."

edit on 7-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I've been with ATS a long time, long before I even registered, back when dial up ran better on ATS heehee. ATS has never been a 'normal' place. It's always been 'interesting'. So I don't get what the problem is, especially when no one is making you look at those particular threads.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FailedProphet
This is a rant about a certain kind of topic that I see every now and then on ATS and other boards that shall remain nameless. Titles are similar to that of this thread (minus the quotation marks, which denote snarky irony). Examples:

"Can you feel it?"
"There has been a shift."
"It won't be long now."
"The change we have been waiting for is almost here."
"Have you woken up too?"

...and other variants too numerous to mention. The common denominator is a vaguely described "change in the vibes" that has either just happened or is about to happen.

What gets me is the responses. "Yeah bro, I can feel it too." These threads will frequently end up bristling with stars and flags, frequently racking up double-digit page counts.

They are, as far as I am concerned, monuments to the endless human idiocy on the net. How people can respond to these is beyond me.

That's my rant.

I've been talking to a lot of people lately who have also been feeling bizarrely irritated about things like this. It's happening way too frequently to just be a coincidence. Something has definitely changed...everyone is way too edgy about these things. I guess whatever is going to happen is going to happen pretty soon now, huh? I can just feel it. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one and you feel it too.

.....just kidding...I couldn't resist.

Actually...the only people i find nuttier than the one's who pick up changes in the "vibes" all the time are the one's who drone on about the vaguely defined "light-beings" which they are absolutely sure are somehow telepathically communicating across the cosmos with them to give them an even more vaguely defined "epiphany"...usually involving the words "light", "love", and "the universe" sandwiched between a bunch of misspelled non sequiturs, dangling participles, erroneous conjugations, and randomly placed apostrophes.
edit on 7-8-2012 by milominderbinder because: minor formatting error

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BazRaza7
I can feel a quickening and I feel anxious most of the time. I know something is going to happen or is happening, just dont know what.

Just have the doc adjust your meds and you'll be back to normal in no time.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
"Can you feel it?" - Yeah i sure can

"There has been a shift." - Yeah there has been a shift

"It won't be long now." - That's what she said

"The change we have been waiting for is almost here." I can't wait anylonger!
"Have you woken up too?" - Let's see my Alarm for starters ummm birds cherp cherp cherp cherp my nieghbors with there darn loud music my gf snooring
yup yup

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Why the quotes? Don't you feel it? You know, it!?

Come on! You have to feel it! Feel it! Feel it!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'm gonna try to send all you negative nancys some positive FEELINGS today.
I do hope you begin to feel it.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Sometimes I think I feel it, but it's probably trapped wind..

edit on 7-8-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
When I look at history, and I often do, when real change in human society happened people were not posting signs around town asking if people could `feel it.` Nor do people knock on each other`s doors, stop random strangers on the street or proclaim to the world `can you feel it.` Usually, they are too busy being involved in the actual change which is happening right in front of their eyes. But at the same time we live in the age of the internet which gives people the ability to connect much faster than ever before. We humans have a need to connect to each other on a emotional level. If someone is sitting at home and suddenly something clicks in their head which no one else around them can understand, they will look to the internet to find people to `feel it` the same way they do.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

well, since you put it that way,

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Ah yes, a "classic". Change is in the air...ATS has downhill since...Kids are so disrespectful today...I used to walk 10 miles to school, both ways, uphill, in the snow...Do you remember when?

I think its all tied to our nature as living beings with millions of years of pre programmed responces built into our code. Can you "feel" the disturbance in the water? could be a big fish about to eat you...Do you feel like "someone" is watching you? It could be that Panther in a tree about to pounce...

On the whole such threads are harmless and give people a place to share their common experince even if it has no foundation in fact.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

reply to post by sugarcookie1

Speaking of feelings, your avatar has me feeling a bit light-headed. In a good way.

Now let's see...stay on topic....um, yah.
edit on 8/7/2012 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)

all feelings aside, I do see what you're sayin,
Totally getting this one , well one of them anyways

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I love sharing my feelings

I'm pleased to have read your views, it's always nice hearing things from another person's perspective.
Thanks for sharing, and best wishes!
edit on 7-8-2012 by adrift because: fixed quote

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The name is Failed Prophet, but your not a failure in no shape form or fashion with this Rant

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Oh man I agree. I ultra-agree in fact. Those threads always get loads of stars and flags and they happen a few times a year yet does ''the change'' happen? No it doesn't. I think people just like to think they're special because 'they' can 'feel' something that others don't. It's just stupid and probably just a subconscious desire for something 'to' actually happen.

I also made a rant thread a while back about all those ''is this disclosure'' type threads when a new hollywood film comes out, same kind of annoyance.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join