It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Bigfoot pic since Patterson Film?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I'm glad someone else caught that. I could see it clear as day as soon as I saw the picture. Really made the "bear theory is disproved" guy's comments quite funny to me.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
On second thought, we really don't know if Sasquatch has a bear head for a butt or not so we can't entirely rule out a bear-butted bigfoot after all.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Thought I'd have a little fun and let my imagination pick out what could make a good myth/legend/fairy tale/etc... seems like others are seeing the same thing too

came up with this:

edit on 6-8-2012 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

hehehe
well its better than the bear images so far

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I haven't seen it mentioned, so I am gonna go ahead and say it...

Werewolf!

haha... between the Zombies, Vampires, and now Werewolves, I think there may be something to this 'end of the world as we know it' thing...

heading down to the jewelry shop tomorrow, gonna pick up some silver to melt down into bullets... then gonna tear all the legs off my furniture and make stakes... scratch that, I think I'll just buy the stakes ready made, probably cheaper than buying all knew furniture

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I wonder who's just out of camera shot behind the *bear*?...

Maybe it's just a frat bear, mooning a rival! Maybe he sees Obama doing some hunting and wants to show him what he thinks of his 1st term in office.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I toyed with the original pic in photopaint (not photoshop). First thing that caught my eye is that there is writing on it:

Unfortunately, the pic is low quality, so there's no way I could find to make it legible:

So I think it's a pic someone picked up on the web and downgraded it a lot to make people believe it's something that it's not.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

Good catch. I thought something looked funny about the whole picture. I snatched the pic from the source, and will soon be off to do some analysis. The area under the left arm looked "blurry" to me.

As far as logic goes:

Why would a bigfoot plop his butt right in front of the cam to stretch out? Hmm.

As far as the hair theory goes:

Here's a long haired black bear for comparsion. (Poor guy!)

As far as the bear theory goes:

Alberta, Canada, where the pic originates from is highly noted for it's bear population. There a lot's of bears of all colors.

Our Alberta black bear hunting areas in WMU 525 and 526 covers close to 8000 square miles of the famous, Peace River, region of northwestern, Alberta, Canada, and has one of the highest black bear populations found anywhere. Because of this vastness, much of the hunting area has never been hunted and continually supplies trophy bear of impressive sizes. Spring and fall bear hunts offer a 2 bear harvest with a very high success rate and and excellent percent of colour phase bears ranging from blondes to dark browns. These are great bear hunting areas and we are taking some real huge trophy bears each season.
Source.

My theory:

It's a bear pic "photoshopped" to look like a Bigfoot. Looks like the typical hoax scenario to me, but now I'm off to get a bit of analysis done......

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well well, you can´t trust photographs anymore

I honestly believe that if Bigfoot was real we would have some decent photographic evidence by now, at least. I mean, creatures as elusive as the snow leopard, giant squid, etc have already been photographed and filmed, why not a towering ape in first world countries?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Still looks like a bear's rear end to me...

edit on 7-8-2012 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia
I toyed with the original pic in photopaint (not photoshop). First thing that caught my eye is that there is writing on it:

Unfortunately, the pic is low quality, so there's no way I could find to make it legible:

So I think it's a pic someone picked up on the web and downgraded it a lot to make people believe it's something that it's not.

In GIMP, I did a zoom, and applied a sharpen filter, and scaled the image up a bit to make the text a little bit more legible. Here you go:

That's the same site the pic originated from. Why, oh why, would they apply a watermark so small and unnoticeable?

Hmmmmm.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
It looks like a bear doing a front flip with a cub next to it. Bears can be rather playful.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Using all the photo analysis provided, and some of my own, and having studies the picture for a long time. (ok, 10 minutes). I have to concluded that this is nothing more than a flat 2d image of some kind of skin draped over a rock or bush.

Not a bear, not a bigfoot, not a gorilla. It is indeed not even a living being.

vvv

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Right. The center protrusion could be a tree over which a bearskin rug is draped. Somebody pointed out that you can see the bears nose...yes, I think perhaps draped bearskin rug.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I ran the image taken from the original site through error level analysis:

What this basically says is that the brighter areas in the image have been manipulated. I highlighted the areas in the above picture.

Source, VISIT HERE!

It appears that this image portrays two bears in the woods, and that there was a foreground added to the image, obscuring their activity, whether frolicking or digging, and there appears to be image manipulation going on.

Sorry, Mr. Sasquatch, you may have to stick to your cameos on the Jack Link's commercials.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Wish the cam had infrared, heat sensitive, then we could have seen the way said creatures body temp is distributed. That may have been able to prove if its a chimp, gorilla or sasquatch.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Looks like anything but bigfoot. Obviously a bear or a fur dangled over a bush.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

that hind leg is rather large(length compared to width) for a bear.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Definately dosen't look like a bear withit's butt in the air.

Firstly, if that is the hind leg, look at the way the light reflects off of it. The hip joint is all wrong, it really dose look more like a shoulder joint.

Also, look closely at the fur and the direction it is flowing. If it were a bear butt high, the fur would be flowing in an upward direction on the back. This fur seems to be growing out in a downwards direction.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join