It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin's Family Sued By Insurance Company Disputing Mother's Claim Against Homeowners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Trayvon Martin’s mother is being sued by an insurance company trying to absolve itself from any liability in the teen’s death, according to an attorney for Martin’s family.

Travelers Casualty and Surety Company of America has sued Sybrina Fulton, Martin’s mother, and The Retreat at Twin Lakes Homeowner’s Association, the gated community where Martin was shot and killed by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in late February.

Travelers claims that it is not responsible to defend the homeowners association because of various clauses in the association’s policy, specifically a "wrongful act" exclusion.

On March 30, just over a month after Martin was killed, the homeowners association took out a liability policy with Travelers, and shortly thereafter Fulton made a claim for monetary damages in her son’s death.

source

I realize this topic is a dead horse by now, but this bit is just now coming to light. It looks pretty suspect to me. How can you sue an insurance company when it wasn't legally bound at the time of the incident?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

Noooo. Let's try again.

1. Twin Lakes filed insurance with Travelers a month after Trayvon was shot.
2. Sabrina sued Twin Lakes
3. Travelers represents Twin Lakes and sued Sabrina because they don't think they are liable seeing as Twin lakes didn't get them until AFTER Trayvon was shot.
4. Sabrina wasn't going after Travelers , she was going after Twin Lakes who is being represented by Travelers.

The only sneaky lil crooks in this whole triangle is Twin Lakes.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

I don't see the reasoning, but it is standard and accepted practice to sue everybody even remotely involved. It's considered bad lawyering if you don't. I would hope the family doesn't win, but you never can tell.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I think I misunderstood the article. Whoops!

new topics

top topics

join