It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonoid Torrent Site Shut Down as Favor to US Gov

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I used demonoid for years it had just the right apps and music and just some stuff that i couldn't get on any other torrent site. hopefully it will come back under another name!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

United States. On the agenda: copyright infringement

Copyright infringement of what the All Seeing Eye in everything in Movies, Music

Video games LA NOIRE

Copyright of what how hollywood predict terroriste act as an inside job and blame it on Muslim 4000 dead

We'll Blame It On The Muslims, Naturally" - 1996

Copyright of that Sh!t Jay-Z 666 murda murda murda jesus track #9
Fast Forward to 2:24

Pay for what subliminal messages that are everywhere ya ok for sure im on it

Yaya close one site and 10 will take it place

edit on 6-8-2012 by knowneedtoknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Closed for staff review.

Reopening...

Members are reminded that discussions of illegal activities is not allowed.
And linking to those illegal sites is prohibited.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

edit on Mon Aug 6 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
It's about time these torrent sites and illegal downloading of copyrighted material is stopped. It costs taxpayers more to combat and makes the prices go up for the material for those of us who are hardworking and decent people. I'm expecting a backlash, which is fine. I just don't agree with the attitude that stealing from people is right. I read time and time again about these people who have earned lots of money. The key word is "earned". Just because they have lots of money is not justification to download their albums, films, etc illegally.

Here comes the backlash.

No backlash, rather just a common sense statement. If the very government who is so hell bent will stop STEALING from us, we wouldn't have to steal from them. It's only because they take so much money from people tax, stealing bailouts, spending tax money on stupid crap...like themselves, living the high life on the broken backs of the people,.....these are but a few examples of how they pirate on a daily basis. The government is the very definition of hypocrite. How about that Federal (and I use this term lightly) Government.
Nah, they haven't stolen from the American people enough to financially collapse the whole nation, simply so they can get rich by STEALING from all of those who can no longer afford to by music or games or programs.

edit on 6-8-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The big music industry is a blood sucking parasite.
Real musicians get boned left and right.
Don't have illusions about hurting the musicians whose actual music this is,
because it's not about that.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It has occurred to me that there may be a movement here to eliminate free file sharing, before 3D printers and blueprints become mainstream. People have commonly copied,shared,recorded entertainment media; it becomes common property on one level. Inevitably people find a way to share at the bottom, and big money is inevitably made at the top. Debatable as to who deserves what, but the thing is this: if 3D blueprints were freely available, and any group or individual could invest in the equipment...
When whoever can produce whatever, I imagine that the power structure as we know it might never be the same. The moves to shut down file sharing may have to do with the powers' that be willingness to remain so. To retain control of material goods, I think would be a concern of ones desiring control of a populace.
edit on 6-8-2012 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

This would definitely be great as far as the 2nd amendment advocates trying to keep their guns. I see it beneficial to people that want to mod cars, electronics and things like that. Like if somebody decoded the water powered car and freeware shared the plans... SPOT ON!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

For those of you up on the torrent scene, this is potentially big. The DDoS attack likely wasn't coincidental and, despite likely not breaking any laws in the Ukraine, was shut down....at the behest of United States authorities.
reply to post by samcrow

No, simply as a diplomatic "favour".

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
My ISP here in England has already blocked TPB :-(. There are easy workarounds to this but still, not good for the 'freedom' of the internet.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

I do agree that everyone should stop with illegal downloads and distribution of software, but I also think that current software/media prices are WAY TO HIGH, even for high standard countries, not to mention for world in development.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by samcrow

Wow my favorite site too for getting those old classic cartoon movies for my GF's Disabled Son. A lot of what I did get was so Classic you cannot buy them in stores. Glad I grabbed everything I could a few months ago.

Agree with the one poster for every main site they shut down more open up with better security and more private trackers coming online.

RIP Demonoid you will be missed.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I am one of the first Napsters member. I had a PR man in Hollywood who promoted major groups and will not name the groups as it would be pointing a finger at this music man who hung on my computer for 3 weeks. I was sent signed photos of his clients to my girls delight!!!!!!! Point is even the music producers dled.

Demonoid has been private forever but from time to time they open up memberships and at that time you can without an invite from a member join.

I quit Demonoid or should I say stopped downloading from them 2 years ago as it was seemingly too public. Also their ratio counter was flawed. I tried forever to bring this to their attention but as they say nobody has ever been kicked off Demonoid for ratio in-balance. I did not like that as I seed and give back more than what I take and not getting credit and not getting the admin to understand this I just simply stopped using them and went to smaller and IMHO better private sites. Also sites that have high def dleds.

As a disabled Vet without getting any financial aid from the US Gov and must point out that had my injuries been from a car accident I would be set for life. Unc Sam is a sick uncle who turns his back on his responsibilities because he can cheat! I have worked and done great things until disabilities have caught up with me making work impossible... I did not seek retirement but when the manufacturer I was buying from made it impossible to compete against them 15 years it took them I went to my GP for pain pills and said I was about to esquire to headhunters for work and shutting down my business. My GP said that he was humouring me and as long as I work for myself he cannot stop that but he will not pass me to go to work for a company. So from a huge income to none and now 10 years later all capital saved has been exhausted. My point is I still like movies and my only choice is to dled as the money I get paid barely pays a small portion of bills.

So all of you who say I am cheating I have this to say, I have been cheated from a life, a proper life and at the age of 20 had to learn how to walk again. I have pushed this body till it does not work much any more. So excuse me for trying to live within my means whilst those who never served their country point their crooked little fingers at me for being a cheater.

It used to be the bands did not make money on records they made their money on tours..... It seems to me the cheaters are the music producers. Hollywood used to be happy with box office takes, then, VCR's came out and Hollywood resold movies. When BlueRay came out they resold their old stock in BlueRay again....

How much is enough??????

If I was able to earn, I might reconsider file-sharing.... Remember Napster brought an important technology to the world called Peer to Peer networking. We all use this technology in our lives and it would have not been invented had it not been for the owner of Napster.

I also have to say that the entertainment people have missed the boat with this new technology and should have been the first to have embraced it for a fee and changed the way we buy our music and movies. Failing to do so I feel like they missed the boat and if they go bust its their fault. When I grew up I was taught to balance my books and that if companies went bust well they go bust. That is not the case in reality now and US Gov cheated tax payers starting with the Chrysler Bail Out. Then came GM which now stands for Government Motors and then the banks. The real cheaters are not file sharers.... IMHO

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm all for a free internet and the free downloading of anything and everything. But at the same time, I believe that if you can afford and/or have access to media, you should buy the material and help support the studios.

The MPAA and other organisations whine about "lost profit". But surely they're not looking at the big picture? I download tons of stuff, but I can't afford to buy any of it because I have limited funds. When I can, I buy a PC Game or a game for the PS3, or a DVD or something. Using torrents, I've watched and listened to so much stuff that I otherwise would never have seen or watched. The MPAA probably checks how many people are downloading, and uses that as a basis to calculate "lost profit". I'd be willing to bet that most people downloading would never have spent their hard earned cash on it anyway, so it's hardly "lost profit" when basing figures on fictional sales.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Second Reminder -

Personal stories of illegal activity and/or links to 'illegal' sites will get this thread closed.

Please keep the discussion generic.

thanks

*do not respond to this post in thread*
edit on Tue Aug 7 2012 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I personally, am PISSED about Demonoid.
They think this is going to stop anything? They have another thing coming....

Remove one..
3 more will come into existence..
and every time a new one does..
it will get harder, and harder to take down..
Bet? lol

So keep it up!
You worthless, greedy P.O.S.

P.S...
Demonoid will be back (along with some new ones)..
Sabali
Patience...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Well I love the optimism, but am not sure the stats back up your assertions.

There's a distributed database which shows in real time the number of people hooked up on my vuse/azureus client. I'm pretty sure it peaked a while back and has been declining ever since, but maybe I'm just not paying enough attention lately.

Also, the major sites like isohunt & demonoid seem to have less and less torrents put up as the months roll on. Again, maybe I'm not looking too carefully. Maybe people simply aren't using these sites as much, or the same clients with the same distributed database, but from what I can tell torrenting peaked a few years back or so.
edit on 7-8-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I encourage all to download my stuff free of charge. Every artist should.

The quality of these movies and video games and music suck ass, PERIOD POINT BLANK. The price is too high and inflated for such poor quality. The good movies and things of that nature are foreign and not available for resale in the American market making demonoid and sites like it a bridge of worlds. Yes people are going to p2p to their hearts content. As we ALL should.

People PAY for quality. People PAY for their internet. Until MPAA/RIAA realize that and stop trying to step on the individual's toes, or the indie artists with all this bull#, continue to demonoid.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

There was a reason, and it's because you stated that finding a private site would cure all ills
Some people find backtracking very telling...and I see you haven't stopped making assumptions without actually knowing. How fun. I also see that you use Vuze (LOL) and proceed to comment on the state of torrent sites...hilarious. [
edit on 7-8-2012 by finitedualities because: grammar happened.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by finitedualities
reply to post by unityemissions

There was a reason, and it's because you stated that finding a private site would cure all ills

So you're saying the reason you needed to point out what I said is because I said this...that's circular logic. I had reason to believe it wasn't a private site. This is getting to be ridiculous.

Some people find backtracking very telling...

There was no backtracking! I made a statement, and learned I was incorrect.

and I see you haven't stopped making assumptions without actually knowing.

Interesting. Well, I said very open ended things, like, "I'm not sure", and "it may be", so basically you're just trolling at this point.

How fun. I also see that you use Vuze (LOL) and proceed to comment on the state of torrent sites...hilarious.

Well what can I say, I'm old-school. Went ahead and looked up the top torrent clients for 2012. Vuse is still in the top 10
Most sites have it in the top 5. I guess you just want to feel you're cooler than I or something. Not sure, but it really does come off as if you're just trolling, FYI.

Which client do you use? I've tried several others, but never found the interface or ability to download as good as azureus. I'm not too fond of how the interface has evolved, but it's all good.
edit on 7-8-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join