It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Prime Minister Defect’s to the “Revolution”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I saw this this morning while doing my daily run of the news outlets and thought it was significant. According to reports the Prime Minister of Syria, Riad Hijab, has defected to the Free Syria Army.

It was initially reported that he had defected to Jordan however Mr. Hijab issued this statement via a spokesman on Al-Jazeera while in hiding apparently inside Jordan:

"Today I declare... that I have defected from the terrorist, murderous regime and [am] joining the holy revolution. And I declare that from today I am a soldier of this holy revolution."

Interesting how he calls his former boss a terrorist, after only two months in the job. This defection is the highest ranking member of the regime to defect in the 18month uprising, and according to some reports other senior members of the Syrian cabinet have also attempted to defect including the finance minister.

It looks like it may only be a matter of time before the entire Syrian government collapses.

www.bbc.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...
news.sky.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Can you really blame this guy for defecting?
It is a hard enough thing to do to fight rebels, but these guys are "aided" by the US and israeli terrorists.
The guy was just looking to save his life.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

from what I read on RT ,Reuters and some syrians told me,he was sacked and then he left Syria for greener pastures.

Have you seen the number of blasts that have happened today.

2 in Chechyna ,russia
1 in turkey oil pipeline.
1 in syria TV/radio station.

Seems its related as Russian troops have arrived at Tartus . I expect Russia to covertly/overtly dismember Turkey in coming months/years,there was a prophecy of Monk Joseph of Athos about this. According to him,Syria or Greece would be the trigger of a massive nuclear war between Russia and jewish masons who rule EU ,USA and Israel.

Also a Turkish general was captured in Syria:
www.panorama.am...

edit on 6-8-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

join