It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Workers Forced to cover Dosimeters at Fukushima to Hide Radiation Exposure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Want a little insight into why government numbers of exposure levels of Fukushima NPP workers seem to be so low. One of the more shocking behaviors from the nuclear industry surrounding the aftermath of the massive nuclear meltdowns at Fukushima NPP is workers being forced to cover their dosimeters with lead coverings in order to give false numbers of how much radiation they have been exposed to.

Tepco crisis workers faced exposure scam
www.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
So whats the point wearing a dosimeter to know you´re "safe" and then cover it in lead?
I would shove them their lead encasing down the throat. Hello? Dosimeter is for MY health so they could kiss me where the sun never shines. Any worker that does this is either dumb or doesn´t know what he´s doing there, so dumb too.

Talk about "forced". Everyone with a little brain would simply go. No matter how much money they give (I suppose its not too much).

From the source:

"Unless we hide it with lead, exposure will max out and we cannot work," the executive was heard saying in the recording, the newspaper reported.

Then get the # out of there!!!!!!!
edit on 6-8-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This has already been posted...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Though I agree with what you are saying since I worked in a nuke plant in the US for 18 months.

covering dosimeters with lead is BS and should be a violation which demands immediate "stop work" order for the contractor in my book....

a long prison sentence should be waiting for this guy...

but thanks for reminding us... just though I would let you know in case this thread gets killed... FYI

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Thanks for taking the time to keep us informed. A truly dire situation.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

We are dealing with Japanese culture. It is beaten into their heads that they should obey and do as they are told. Also, the people they recruit for this kind of work in Japan are not the smartest tools in the shed.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I understand your point. Regardless, they are humans with free will, too.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

That is very true. In the end they choose to go along with the program. Japan is suffering from massive brainwashing that they are only starting to wake up from. The battle has just begun in Japan. There is a lot of work to do here.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomwv

That is very true. In the end they choose to go along with the program. Japan is suffering from massive brainwashing that they are only starting to wake up from. The battle has just begun in Japan. There is a lot of work to do here.

Japan's society of (damn I can't think of the right word) obeying without question is much more ingrained into their society when compared to the US where we were born out of revolution questioning government.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
I understand your point. Regardless, they are humans with free will, too.

a great deal of the workers are there because they are paying their debt to japan or the yakusa, in exchange for leniency towards their family's.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

A great deal of workers is abandoned by their families is what I heard. Doesn´t change the fact that no human should be adviced to cover a device with lead that measures how much you have been exposed to deadly radiation just to keep them working there. My quote says it all I think.

Additional, what leniency are you talking about and what has the yakuza to do with it. Any sources where you read this?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

A great deal of workers is abandoned by their families is what I heard. Doesn´t change the fact that no human should be adviced to cover a device with lead that measures how much you have been exposed to deadly radiation just to keep them working there. My quote says it all I think.

Additional, what leniency are you talking about and what has the yakuza to do with it. Any sources where you read this?

i agree and the leniency would be part of criminal offenses and as for the yakusa i read it in our very long thread on fukushima here, www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I simply take your word for it it rather then scanning hundreds of pages for this

Can you tell me more about the yakuza thing, please? Never connected yakuza with this but I can imagine they have some ties into it.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I feel ya, brother. It's good they are starting to wake up,at least. Honor and loyalty have no place under corrupt leadership. I wish Japan the best from my batcave.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It is a total uphill battle here in Japan. There is so much brainwashing and hierarchy to work though in Japan what people`s walls are really thick. Plus the law in Japan is designed to keep people fighting among themselves. There is almost no protection for people who speak out against the vile dirtiness which is slowly destroying Japan and the society here at large. I mean, people think that large sections of the American and U.K. society are controlled by criminals? In Japan criminals are totally running the show. A lot of people in Japan know it but they lack the means to fight it. So, they end up doing things like agreeing to cover their dosimeters with lead before working in a highly radioactive area under direct orders from their boss. It sounds insane but things like this happen daily in Japan. A lot of people in Japan are given the choice of work or starve. Folks get blackballed here for the smallest of things. Speak out against wrong doings and you may very well find yourself not being able to find a job with any company in any industry. That just goes to show how dirty things are over here.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
oh really? when I participated in OP TOM last year, those workers at the plant were fully aware of the dangers an went in anyways, a matter of honor an pride I suppose....truth is, the media knew it as well the military in its joint effort to help, hell even some of the drivers who drove 50 miles out past the reactor were showing up hot on are ADM300s....

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The Fukushima nuclear reactor is effected by the Quake in japan.

new topics

top topics

join