It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble at the Egyptian Israeli border, again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
www.npr.org... yptian-border-post

Masked gunmen killed 16 Egyptian soldiers Sunday at a checkpoint along the border with Gaza and Israel, the first such attack on troops and then the attackers drove off, crashing into Israel, officials said.

Egypt blamed Islamist militants from Gaza and Egypt's troubled Sinai Peninsula. President Mohammed Morsi said the attackers "will pay dearly."

Similar events have happened almost every year, so I am not surprised, but this a few days earlier

www.algemeiner.com... -issues-travel-warning-asks-tourists-to-return-from-sinai/

Israel Issues Travel Warning, Asks Tourists to Return From Sinai

The finally, this:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Eight gunmen dead

Really ?
1. How did they know to warn Israeli tourists a few days before the attack (9-11 similarities anyone) ?
2. How convenient for them that the gunmen were killed.
This seems like a "false flag" all over again, soon they will blame Hamas and Gaza "militants" for it, to degrade Egyptian - Palestinian relations even more.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I predict this thread will have people blaming religion for a political event.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

2. How convenient for them that the gunmen were killed.
This seems like a "false flag" all over again, soon they will blame Hamas and Gaza "militants" for it, to degrade Egyptian - Palestinian relations even more.

Way to deny ignorance, man.
Egypt are also blaming Hamas. source I can't see Morsi blaming Hamas for something that wasn't their fault, given his Islamist tendencies. Regardless, if you read the story, this sounds more like Sunni/Shia conflict than an Israel/Islam conflict... at least at this point. source
Note that it was 15 Egyptians killed, and that those killed were breaking the Ramadan fast.

Trouble in Sinai hasn't exactly been unusual over the recent years - and particularly since the fall of Hosni Mubarak. Israel's forewarning of an attack isn't unusual either. If you look at travel warnings, they've been almost consistent against travel in the Sinai for some time.

You have plenty of fodder when it comes to criticising Israel - but this isn't something to add to your list.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It's ok, this is just yet another israeli false flag I'm sure.
We all know where terrorists really come from.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ModerateSkeptic

I thought the Egyptian army was outsourced to america?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

1- The same reason that made them aware of other attacks, and other warnings that they made in the past to their citizens safety: intel.

If the Israeli intel agencies are as good as they say they are, then they could have picked up some chatter about that attack. It's not the average joe that makes such an attack, it's people that are most provably already under surveillance.

2- I can't see why you think it's convenient. It would be if we knew something suspicious about the attackers, which we don't. If we are going to use that "scapegoat" point of view, then we can claim it regarding any attack against Israel. It's very standard to track down and "eliminate" attackers in that part of the world, especially after they commit an attack.

That's the main reason why you see attacks like air raids being carried out by Israel. They usually claim that the bombs dropped are on forces that were planning to/attacked Israel, Israel forces or Israeli citizens/allies.

Besides, I don't see any reason for this to escalate, making it a plausible false flag.

People were also stating that we were going to see a major conflict after the bus bombing in Bulgaria, and nothing happened. At least, nothing major or known to the public.

The only suspicious part of all this, is the fact that the victims were Egyptian policeman, and the forces that tracked down and got the attackers were from Israel. But since it's close to the border, they provably knew about the incident as much as the Egyptians.
edit on 6-8-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: corrections to text

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

1- You have a good point, It's possible that they heard chatter and warned their citizens. It just seems like there are too many coincidences lately with everything that happens.

2- I said it's convenient because these terrorists always seem to die or get killed (look at what happened to Bin Laden), before they can be detained (and have their kneecaps drilled for a while by Mossad / Egyptian intelligence) to extract valuable information about who is funding them..etc.

3- Everybody blames Egypt (oh wake up Egypt...etc), but then again, because of Camp David they can't have military forces in Sinai, so what the hell are they supposed to do ?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I think we live in very confusing times. We have a lot of information, but that information comes with a lot of background noise. It's very hard to understand where the lines stand in our days.

Again, I'm not saying there is any reason to be suspicious of such a thing like a false flag, but I can see why some people question these events.

The mortality rate in this cases, in my opinion, is mostly due to the nature of the actions of those targets, than a secret objective to shut them up. I think this way, because if there was actual evidence or the smallest proof of some conspiracy theories that we hear, many governments would have already pushed U.S. to the wall.

But all you can hear is silence, if not support for these actions.

As far as Egypt goes, I really don't know. I think that they won't see what Israel did as much of trouble. This might even improve their relationship, considering the victims were egyptian, and the people who "caught" the attackers were israeli... But I seriously don't know.

top topics

join