It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucson Shooting Survivors Appear in New Ad Demanding Plan to End Gun Violence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

It would be impossible for those types of restrictions to work in the US. We already are saturated with guns. Honest people give them up, only criminals will have them.

edit on 6-8-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

no comment
edit on 6-8-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Arm everyone. Add weapons training to middle school curriculum. Statistics show that areas with loose gun laws have fewer attacks. An armed society is a polite society.

Statistics show that pretty much every country in the world that has gun laws also has much lower incidents of gun related crime.

But higher incidents of crime and violent crime, more often than not. No?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Gun violence is horrible. What's worse is making it illegal for a law-abiding citizen to stop gun violence.

Originally posted by jude11
Did these 'survivors' write, create, produce and direct this commercial? Did they do it all on their own?

Or were they paid to appear in the ad and who instigated the idea?

Peace

They didn't make that...somebody else made that for them!

/TOA

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
[
Gun's aren't the problem. WE are.

Well said!
So, we agree then. No need for anymore gun laws, the problem is people using the guns for illegal purposes.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE< HOW DOES ANYONE EVER GET OUT OF A GUNSHOW ALIVE??????

edit on 6-8-2012 by Turkenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

My name is not Google; look it up yourself.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Instead of accusing everybody of lying; please share with us your rebuttals on why it isn't true. If you say it isn't true, prove it. Otherwise, find something constructive to add to the thread.
edit on 6-8-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Guns control laws only benefit criminals and the government. They leave the common citizen with no way to defend themselves against those that benefit from it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Guns do kill people. Know what else kills people? Miseducation, and an unarmed public, face it if everyone was taught safe gun handling, and everyone was well equipped crime and death would drop ALOT....but the folks in control would much rather divide us and watch us kill ourselves off...

Plus this ad was paid for by mayors who want a plan, I personally wonder who told them to come up with this "plan"

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by DarthMuerte

And armed society is safer?

America has 88 guns for every 100 people

We seem to have a mass shooting every week lol

Really? How bout you take a look at Switzerland then.......check their crime statistics compared with their fully armed population.......and not just hand guns......military issue grade rifles....

Let me know how that thought process of "less guns is better" sets after checking out those facts......

Crime Index: USA 57.09 Switzerland 29.10
Safety Scale: USA 42.91 Switzerland 70.90

Numbers dont lie
edit on 6-8-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by Domo1

This one is easy.
Require everyone to carry a gun.
If everyone is armed this sort of thing won't happen.

An armed society is a polite one.

Complete fallacy.

That relies on every individual to then use common sense in any confrontational (or potentially confrontational) situation. We both know that's an impossible ask.

America is the most-armed society in the world. It is not the most polite.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ComeFindMe

I'm sorry to chime in on what wasn't a reply to me, but while what you say is very true. You should look at the bigger picture we as a people have been misguided, we're shown violence in T.V and movies, but I believe everyone can be good and kind hearted. We just need to take everything back into our own hands and push out these fear mongering elites.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarIce

That's OK, we are all hear to debate

I hear you - but I can't share your positive outlook on society as a whole. Whilst many people are nice and upstanding, there are many who aren't.

The notion that everyone carrying a gun means no more gun crime (as was suggested) is false - it doesn't matter what weaponry you have, if you wake up to someone sticking the barrel of a gun in your face. Allowing everyone to own a gun, normalising the concept of gun ownership and even the idea of openly allowing them to be carried may put some off, but would encourage opportunism in others.

I can see the merits in allowing verified individuals to own / carry guns, but its not black or white - there are shades of grey, no matter how much we wish there aren't.

The principle issue I can conclude from all these events is allowing mentally fragile / unstable individuals access to weapons. If someone wants to get a gun that badly, they will do - but stronger measures and checks need to be put in place to prevent them so easily falling into the hands of those that would abuse that right.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Some people are quick to give up their rights. It's sad. They produce an ad wanting to stop gun violence yet nobody wants to stop all the wars. Oh wait, that would hurt big business. The hypocrisy is ominously prevalent.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
posted in wrong thread.
edit on 6-8-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting, target shooting or even self-defense. It is first and foremost, as intended by the Founding Fathers, a means to keep government in check.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
So implementing more rules on who can get their hands on DEADLY devices is bad?

Only in America.....

Let's ban automobiles too since drunk drivers kill thousands of Americans each year. The ban will include sober drivers too but hey...

Let's ban forks so obese people don't eat themselves to death. Of course, skinny eaters will be affected too but why take the risk?

Let's ban air so dodgeballs can't be used against kids that don't move quicker. Of course, this affects agile kids too along with anyone wanting to breath.

Let's ban all knives so that bad people can't stab anyone. Of course, this affects kitchen knives too, so better get used to cutting your steak with a fork...oh wait, see above.

The idea of banning specific guns (or as the left wants, all guns) is just as stupid as everything I typed above.

It's a play by the left to restrict your rights as an American citizen. Nothing more.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Violent death [by guns] can not and should not be compared to deaths occurring by a persons eating/living habits. Some of the same people who cry foul on Govt' control where weapons are concerned have no issue with the same Govt' control on a nations eating habits. Six of one half a dozen of the other.

A Dr. requires psych screening in order to evaluate the need for an SCS [spinal cord stimulator], and this is accepted, why not something similar for gun carry permits? Of course this invades HIPAA, and as such will have to get an a-ok by a Dr., but there seems to be no simple answer. Maybe it shouldn't be so easy in todays society with so much mental illness on the rise.

I needed a Drs note to allow my son to replace juice for milk in school because of allergies--almost 20 yrs ago!!

Some perspective

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
More gun laws? If i wanted to Murder you i could murder you and there is very little you can do about it. Regardless if you have a gun.

Element of surprise is everything.

---

No more gun laws. I could kill you with a sling shot , a rock , a fork , a knife , and other blunt objects.

---

By the way. I dare some one to say it is harder to kill some one with a knife or baseball bat. Please show us your ignorance.

It isnt hard to kill some one or multiple people at once.
edit on 6-8-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
You know this is why we are in the fix we are in.
The people in Government are just plain stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join