It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Jets Attack Gunmens Car in Shooting on Sinai Border. 15 dead.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I wonder how a person can be so dumb as to steal a tank and drive towards Israel and expect to not to be destroyed, or expect to be able to have any significant effect against Israel before being destroyed. A single tank (looked more more like an IFV, really) would be unable to do anything worthwhile against any state, especially not against one with as much firepower as Israel.

Darwin award time maybe?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

All the info is from what i heard from local media:
There were two IFVs (not tanks) , one was loaded with explosives and blew up on the border - not clear why, maybe to let the other IFV in, maybe due to malfunction or maybe due to machine gun fire from Israeli blockpoost.
In the second were 6 terrorists ,heavily armed ,with exploives and suicide belts. They were probably going to nearby miltary camps or civilian centers (Kerem Shalom for example is almost on the border). However they did circle around a bit and almost went back but then turned again to go further inside Israel, only then Israeli tanks blew it up. Air force did not destroy it.
Again ,all from local media.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Israel is finished.............sadly they will take a lot of us down with them.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Please get on topic. Do not attack other members.

Also hate speech is NOT tolerated on ATS. Posts will be removed along with possible account bans.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
islamists just keep killing each other...and yet their enemy is israel and america. this has been going on long before israel even became a nation...why does the west keep trying to help these people when they can't even be civil toward each other.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
one was loaded with explosives

That would explain the size of the boom from that IDF video.

If they were equipped with suicide belts that would explain their willingness to commit to such folly.

Judging from the contents of the vehicles I am guessing that the plan was to use the explosive laden vehicle as an armored boom-wagon which they were hoping could close to a border post and detonate followed by the armed men dismounting to continue the attack. I don't think they had very good chances to be honest.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join