It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

East London and Olympic Fear/Hatred

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Regardless of what the MSM report the people in East London are currently living in fear of a terrorist attack.

The locals complain about the traffic and blocked lanes on their roads.

Taxi drivers have taken a fall in the number of customers.

When I go into the West End there are fewer shoppers than normal.

Hotels are offering discount rates as they are half empty.

All of this is because Conman the English Primeminister talked up the risk of a terrorist attack in the year before the Olympics.

He also placed the Olympics in an area where congestion was inevitable instead of positioning it in a remote area away from the metropolis.

The reason being that wealthy people can move into the area after the games are finished.

No doubt there will be a documentary in the near-future about the failure of the 2012 Olympics and the motives of those who wanted the games in the East End.

Outsiders who follow the MSM are oblivious to all of this charade.

edit on 5-8-2012 by dr treg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
As to whether the terrorist fearmongering was staged and orchestrated for this purpose is probably not true imo.

As much as it damages stakeholders such a taxi's, I really think this benefited them either way. Less ppl clogging up the streets, a smooth Olympics is the priority.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I both live and work in East London, the Prime Minister (or Boris) has never talked up the possibility of a terrorist attack. We have all been warned to keep out of London for infrastructure issues, hence taxi drivers seeing less income and the West End being empty. The only thing they are guilty of is perhaps overstating these issues, I have been travelling within London since the start of the games and other than the district and circle lines have only experienced decreased use of public transport.

The legacy for the Olympics is not just the land in which it is based upon but the sheer amount of business that is being done with International clients. I myself have seen a massive increase in investment (although I have been networking with the right people for my business sector) since the games began. It has been a wonderful time for the Capital, those that crap on it just don't see the bigger picture.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tethane

I myself have seen a massive increase in investment (although I have been networking with the right people for my business sector) since the games began. It has been a wonderful time for the Capital, those that crap on it just don't see the bigger picture.

So good for you! You are making out like a bandit!

No worries about the poor taxi drivers and the rest of the citizens?

You need to move to the United States! You would fit right in, and most likely become a politician!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tethane

You obviously do not live there and probably not local - probably a yuppie.

You missed the troops in the area and the ground to air missiles.

edit on 6-8-2012 by dr treg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I actually work for a London University, investment comes in many forms, not just shovelling money into the coffers of the already rich, investment in all sectors is important.

As for being a yuppie no not really I live in a crappy overpriced rented studio flat in Hackney (because I actually love living in London) but considering moving back to Crystal Palace in South London where I grew up.

Why so judgemental!

I didn't miss troops or the air to ground missiles at all, but I come back to the original point the situation you described, the Prime Minister has never talked up the possibility of a terrorist attack. We have all been warned to keep out of London for infrastructure issues

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Maybe if the games are being portrayed in a positive light around the world, it will increase the amount of people who want to visit London. I think we are putting on a pretty good games, with some of the best atmosphere's in the stadiums, that I have ever heard at any sporting event. It has all been organised very well, The stadiums were all up on time, the opening ceremony was great. I think the whole thing has been a great advertisement for the UK and what a vibrant country we are. Somethings you can't put a price on.

I understand times are tough for people in this country, especially in places like east London. But maybe these games can help bring some much needed investment into the country. The lives of people in Hackney and else where will only improve when we have Jobs that rely on outside investment.

I'm trying to take the positives away from this event. I was very negative about the prospects and the costs, but it's here now and only 1 week left. Maybe a bit of short term pain will result in some long term gain, to use a sporting analogy.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tethane
I actually work for a London University, investment comes in many forms, not just shovelling money into the coffers of the already rich, investment in all sectors is important.

As for being a yuppie no not really I live in a crappy overpriced rented studio flat in Hackney (because I actually love living in London) but considering moving back to Crystal Palace in South London where I grew up.

Why so judgemental!

I didn't miss troops or the air to ground missiles at all, but I come back to the original point the situation you described, the Prime Minister has never talked up the possibility of a terrorist attack. We have all been warned to keep out of London for infrastructure issues

re Conman and driving up the fear levels: You obviously do not read/listen to the MSM.

If you had the Olympics in Crystal Palace you would be whistling a different tune. You sound like a Nimby. As long as it is somewhere else it is not your problem.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Seems like your not really interested in engaging in sensible discussion, but just trying to backhand insult me with no real validity. I do not live in Crystal Palace I live in Hackney and work in Mile End, it is in my backyard, yet I am still very much enjoying the spirit of the games and refuse to let fear mongers spoil it for me.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You miss the point completely. You are a Nimby.

Your manor is Crystal Palace to use local parlance. You do not address the point as to how you would feel if the Olympics and all of the above problems were dumped in the area which you consider "home".

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg
You miss the point completely. You are a Nimby.

Your manor is Crystal Palace to use local parlance. You do not address the point as to how you would feel if the Olympics and all of the above problems were dumped in the area which you consider "home".

You miss the point, I live in Hackney and have so for many years, it is my home, please learn to read.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Why don`t you move back to Crystal Palace as you do not represent the area as you are not a local and seem to be another one who is iintent on telling East Enders what is good for them. That is why the culture has been destroyed.
edit on 7-8-2012 by dr treg because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join