It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comical Views Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
A thread was shut down because the replies were comical. Members were making fun of the OP, but I think it's what the OP had intended. I mean, come on, 'promiscuous women cause earthquakes'? How can anyone expect a comment like this to be serious? the problem...with women

I enjoyed reading the replies to this nonsensical commentary. It was fun!

So, I searched the forums and couldn't find one that fit this particular type of humor. There's a forum for jokes, but that doesn't feel quite right. People should just post jokes there, right?

With all the serious and heavy debates here, it would be therapeutic to be able to take a break and read comments that take subjects to the level of Dave Barry.

Come on Mods, let's have a comical Views Forum, please.

For those unfamiliar with Dave Barry: Dave Barry quotes

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant’s life, she will choose to save the infant’s life without even considering if there are men on base. Dave Barry

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

We occasionally have the sarcastic pranks that are not obvious on first read, and they stick around awhile before heading to the Jokes forum, and then there are "the Onion" threads that poor ATSers think are real for awhile until they are outed. Perhaps there should be something for political and religious humor a la Carlin, where it really isn't a joke, but more of a jaded and comical view of reality?

Thanks for the Dave Barry quotes, Iiked this scientific explanation the best!

Benjamin Franklin proved an important scientific point, which is that electricity originates inside clouds. There, it forms into lightning, which is attracted to the earth by golfers. After entering the ground, the electricity hardens into coal, which, when dug up by power companies and burned in big ovens called “generators,” turns back into electricity, which is sent in the form of “volts” (also known as “watts,” or “rpm” for short), through special wires with birds sitting on them to consumers’ homes, where it is transformed by TV sets into commercials for beer, which passes through the consumers and back into the ground, thus completing what is known as a “circuit.”

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by jiggerj

We occasionally have the sarcastic pranks that are not obvious on first read, and they stick around awhile before heading to the Jokes forum, and then there are "the Onion" threads that poor ATSers think are real for awhile until they are outed. Perhaps there should be something for political and religious humor a la Carlin, where it really isn't a joke, but more of a jaded and comical view of reality?

Thanks for the Dave Barry quotes, Iiked this scientific explanation the best!

Benjamin Franklin proved an important scientific point, which is that electricity originates inside clouds. There, it forms into lightning, which is attracted to the earth by golfers. After entering the ground, the electricity hardens into coal, which, when dug up by power companies and burned in big ovens called “generators,” turns back into electricity, which is sent in the form of “volts” (also known as “watts,” or “rpm” for short), through special wires with birds sitting on them to consumers’ homes, where it is transformed by TV sets into commercials for beer, which passes through the consumers and back into the ground, thus completing what is known as a “circuit.”

LOL Good stuff! I can't believe how many people don't know Dave Barry. I just asked all of my smoking buddies and none of them knew D.B.

I said to them, "Jeez, guys, there's more to life than just baseball!"
One commented, "Of course. Football season's coming up."
I give up!

new topics

join