It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super powers or incredible coincidences

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan

But there is something I've noticed though. It only happens if Im trying to NOT make it happen. The moment I consciously try to make a certain things happen or forsee something, it wont work. That dang conscious mind, always getting in the way of the badass sub-conscious.

I have a theory about this and it’s a little to do with the frame of mindset required to make the Law of Attraction work (and is also found in chaos magic) and a bit of mystical/pseudo science...

It is my belief that we are ultimately all one, which is entirely possible if you consider the theory of quantum entanglement and then consider that at the time of the big bang all particles were entangled. There is a distinct possibility that they still are especially considering time does not really behave how we expect at the quantum level. Consider then the results of the double slit experiment which shows that consciousness can affect subatomic particles - the building blocks of all matter. Consider again the quantum phenomena of superposition, meaning entangled particles (which in my theory are ultimately everything within the universe) can pass information between them instantaneously. There are many scientists out there that consider that quantum rules can in fact affect things on a macro level but simply in a way that we would never expect (as the quantum world is a wacky world) so most of us do not notice it.

So essentially you have a situation where there is a distinct possibility that the human mind can affect reality in a way that is not bound by space or time.

*Phew*

Now...

Most people think that the Law of Attraction is simply wanting something, thinking happy thoughts and doing a bit of visualisation. Not at all true...

We are all operating under a set of beliefs which have been reinforced since birth which states that the universe is static and we are merely passive spectators. It takes a lot of faith to break free of this and few can do it for more than a few fleeting moments.

What you actually need is a mindset where you must operate under a system of ‘knowing’ what you want to happen has in fact already happened, yet at the same time you must not really care whether it does or doesn’t happen. For if you ‘want’ something, again you are sending out subconsciously to the universe (which is merely a vast extension of you the ‘greater’ you) a signal that you do not have it and hence the universe responds accordingly. Hopefully you get what I’m driving at.

So to bring it all home, essentially by 'trying' or 'wanting' this phenomena to happen you are in essence subconsciously sending out the signal that you cannot in fact do it, whereas if you're not actually thinking about it your subconscious has no such block.

Possibly what you should do is analyse the frame of mind you are in when these events happen, try and find some commonalities and instead of 'wanting' something to happen, try and in fact 'know' that it has happened while at the same time holding a frame of mind which was present throughout the times this has happened in the past.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
omfg i cant believe im not the only one, it happens to me all the time but i can never get it to work for like lotto tickets, but the weirdest things happen, the most recent one just acouple days ago, i was thinking about things on my car to get fixed, minor things, lil cracks chips and the front bumper and hood, not pretty on a 350z lol, and thought to myself, why cant i ever be the one to get just barely hit enough not to kill my car but to get things fixed for free, i giggled to myself went about on my day, about a day later after that thought , (last week as of this day), im driving behind and older man, he starts to put break lights on like hes stopping, i realised where he was there was no left or right, so figured great he probably needs to back up, he sits there for a good 15/30 secs, i said ok hes not moving or waving or even looking back like he needs to back up so he must need to back up, i turn behind me to see if i can back up a bit and a car starts to pull onto road we were on and behind me, as i turn back around, i see the truck flying backwards at a good clip at least 35 mph and wham, dude just slams into my freakin car, and guess what he messed up,, just my bumper and hood (so far, latch was stuck, can hear a fan though) and he admited fault, so now ill get a new hood bumper and anything else that may have not been working lol and this crap happens to me all the time, i play a game that has an actioun house type things,just other day i put a piece of crap item up by accident, and for alot of (ingame) money and said well maybe ill get lucky and someone will just buy it by accident,(auctions are for 24 hours and only get ten slots, so sucks when you mess up cause cant list anything or take item listing down) just 1 min after thinking that the chime comes in and someone bought it!!! WTH this i would say has been happening my whole life but just started noticing it about 5/6 years ago, also street lamps go out near me all the time even on roads i dont use or follow often, even my friends have noticed this does anyone else that has these coincidences see street lamps go out near them or something similar? so i dont know if its just crazy coincidents but wow, if there are more that feel this way i dunno (btw this also works when i think bad thoughts, then bad things happen to me) do the bad things happen when you guys think bad thoughts like i hope my check doesnt bounce and then bam it does? type thing, or do you guys only get good luck? either way id really wish it would work for a lotto ticket lol ^^

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Quite easy to determine if you really have powers.

Play the lottery.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean. It's synchronicity. It can be so crazy sometimes.

I think it's evidence of an underlying, as yet unrevealed nature of our "universe"...
edit on 8/7/2012 by OrphenFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andromedabound
That is called the universe talking to you. It happens when your ready and it can happen a lot! Don't think 'super hero' or 'psychic hero' too much or you will lose it. That is called 'ego maniac'.

If you look at it as God talking to you, it can be very sweet and it's the beginning of a romance with the Infinite that can grow and has no limits. We all have these capabilities when we develop intuition.

Again, don't let the ego get involved, just say hello God!

I agree completely and I have to admit the "super power" part of the title was more of an attention grabber than me actually thinking I have super powers.
I just finished both of Eckhart Tolles books which the main topic of the book is how to control and reduce the ego.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

if you dont understand what I'm talking about, then its just not your time yet.

no, if i dont understand what your talking about it's more likely i have more brain cell's than you.

bland coincidence's superman.
but pls,go ahead and think youre special.

He is special, and so are you, but if you believe the opposite, so be it. I will then say he's probably special, and you're probably not

Aside: do you generally try to insult people because you can't understand what they're talking about/experiencing? What would it take to articulate to you these things so that you may understand? Is it possible that even if he did articulate to near perfection, you'd still react in the same way?

I am sorry if you read this and are upset, but please for the love of Lacrimosa and her almighty brain of many cells, think before you press post - there's another person on the other end. You can, however, hope that your momentary belief and textual spew manifests absolutely, thus yielding your awesome quantity of brain cells (which doesn't mean anything as quantity of brain cells is but a minute fraction of the make-up of cerebral ability).

Guess what, I have one brain cell and it's called noggin.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Thanks for posting,i can relate to most everyone here with regards to this heightened level of extrasensory perception,but with me they tried medications and all sorts of therapy and to no avail could they stop it but as i got older i realized they wanted to stop it not me all i wanted was to quiet it down,sadly the only solution was to isolate myself because the thoughts of others and the spatial images are just to much to handle i feel like a sponge being thrown into water whenever i am around people and it is scary knowing peoples intimate thoughts and desires so i venture out only when need be and friend only people that seem to some how have blocked their leakage for lack of better words.I dream the future also and i have found no way to stop it and have no desire to share it ether because i believe no one should know the future.I do help others when prompted to but do not go out of my way to. this is the experience that i have in regards to the OPer's subject i realize some of the things i have shared here are not socially healthy but that's how i have chosen to deal with these things and in no way recommend isolation as a solution i choose it because i have tried all other avenues.

I hope that everyone who experiences these things as well the best of life's experiences and not saying any of you do but never let yourself be tempted to use these gifts for selfish ,self centered,or evil purposes!

Peace and love to all !

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Get off your high horse, I never said I was special did I? I beleive, as others here, that it is latent abilities that are for some reason becoming more prominent. How bout you go get a fresh bowl of cheerios and come back with something constructive and less b**chy to say. k?

If we all are from the same conciseness, the same spark that created this universe, dimension. Then it is possible that we all ready know what we are going to see because we wrote our own future.

It is a very personal thing what one another will notice, and what you are noticing might be because you wrote that for yourself before you entered this 3d realm.

edit on 7-8-2012 by mc4denmark because: inserted a qouted text

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I think more and more people are realizing that they are not just mechanical animals that have to fallow the same ol' status quo, they're starting to realize that we all have special gifts. I learned both from my elders and from my own experiences how important it is to cultivate my gifts and use them not just for my own self but also in the service of others. I believe that is what we are meant to do as part of our calling to walk in beauty and make the world a better place.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Yes, i have had some great syncs lately. Here is PKD telling a story about one of the most amazing series of synchronicities i've ever heard, involving his book 'Flow My Tears...' The following is taken from 'How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart 2 Days Later' (from which my sig is taken btw) anyways, check out the story in his own words. (Available to be read in full online btw, here ---> deoxy.org... )

In 1970 I wrote a novel called Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said. One of the characters is a nineteen-year-old girl named Kathy. Her husband's name is Jack. Kathy appears to work for the criminal underground, but later, as we read deeper into the novel, we discover that actually she is working for the police. She has a relationship going on with a police inspector. The character is pure fiction. Or at least I thought it was.

Anyhow, on Christmas Day of 1970, I met a girl named Kathy—this was after I had finished the novel, you understand. She was nineteen years old. Her boyfriend was named Jack. I soon learned that Kathy was a drug dealer. I spent months trying to get her to give up dealing drugs; I kept warning her again and again that she would get caught. Then, one evening as we were entering a restauant together, Kathy stopped short and said, "I can't go in." Seated in the restaurant was a police inspector whom I knew. "I have to tell you the truth," Kathy said. "I have a relationship with him."

Certainly, these are odd coincidences. Perhaps I have precognition. But the mystery becomes even more perplexing; the next stage totally baffles me. It has for four years.

In 1974 the novel was published by Doubleday. One afternoon I was talking to my priest—I am an Episcopalian—and I happened to mention to him an important scene near the end of the novel in which the character Felix Buckman meets a black stranger at an all-night gas station, and they begin to talk. As I described the scene in more and more detail, my priest became progressively more agitated. At last he said, "That is a scene from the Book of Acts, from the Bible! In Acts, the person who meets the black man on the road is named Philip—your name." Father Rasch was so upset by the resemblance that he could not even locate the scene in his Bible. "Read Acts," he instructed me. "And you'll agree. It's the same down to specific details."

I went home and read the scene in Acts. Yes, Father Rasch was right; the scene in my novel was an obvious retelling of the scene in Acts... and I had never read Acts, I must admit. But again the puzzle became deeper. In Acts, the high Roman official who arrests and interrogates Saint Paul is named Felix—the same name as my character. And my character Felix Buckman is a high-ranking police general; in fact, in my novel he holds the same office as Felix in the Book of Acts: the final authority. There is a conversation in my novel which very closely resembles a conversation between Felix and Paul.

Well, I decided to try for any further resemblances. The main character in my novel is named Jason. I got an index to the Bible and looked to see if anyone named Jason appears anywhere in the Bible. I couldn't remember any. Well, a man named Jason appears once and only once in the Bible. It is in the Book of Acts. And, as if to plague me further with coincidences, in my novel Jason is fleeing from the authorities and takes refuge in a person's house, and in Acts the man named Jason shelters a fugitive from the law in his house—an exact inversion of the situation in my novel, as if the mysterious Spirit responsible for all this was having a sort of laugh about the whole thing.

Felix, Jason, and the meeting on the road with the black man who is a complete stranger. In Acts, the disciple Philip baptizes the black man, who then goes away rejoicing. In my novel, Felix Buckman reaches out to the black stranger for emotional support, because Felix Buckman's sister has just died and he is falling apart psychologically. The black man stirs up Buckman's spirits and althought Buckman does not go away rejoicing, at least his tears have stopped falling. He had been flying home, weeping over the death of his sister, and had to reach out to someone, anyone, even a total stranger. It is an encounter between two strangers on the road which changes the life of one of them—both in my novel and in Acts. And one final quirk by the mysterious Spirit at work: the name Felix is the Latin word for "happy." Which I did not know when I wrote the novel.

A careful study of my novel shows that for reasons which I cannot even begin to explain I had managed to retell several of the basic incidents from a particular book of the Bible, and even had the right names. What could explain this? That was four years ago that I discovered all this. For four years I have tried to come up with a theory and I have not. I doubt if I ever will.
[Continued...]
edit on 7-8-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Continued...

But the mystery had not ended there, as I had imagined. Two months ago I was walking up to the mailbox late at night to mail off a letter, and also to enjoy the sight of Saint Joseph's Church, which sits opposite my apartment building. I noticed a man loitering suspiciously by a parked car. It looked as if he was attempting to steal the car, or maybe something from it; as I returned from the mailbox, the man hid behind a tree. On impulse I walked up to him and asked, "Is anything the mattter?"

"I'm out of gas," the man said. "And I have no money."

Incredibly, because I have never done this before, I got out my wallet, took all the money from it, and handed the money to him. He then shook hands with me and asked where I lived, so that he could later pay the money back. I returned to my apartment, and then I realized that the money would do him no good, since there was no gas station within walking distance. So I returned, in my car. The man had a metal gas can in the trunk of his car, and, together, we drove in my car to an all-night gas station. Soon we were standing there, two strangers, as the pump jockey filled the metal gas can. Suddenly I realized that this was the scene in my novel—the novel written eight years before. The all-night gas station was exactly as I had envisioned it in my inner eye when I wrote the scene—the glaring white light, the pump jockey—and now I saw something which I had not seen before. The stranger who I was helping was black.

We drove back to his stalled car with the gas, shook hands, and then I returned to my apartment building. I never saw him again. He could not pay me back because I had not told him which of the many apartments was mine or what my name was. I was terribly shaken up by this experience. I had literally lived out a scene completely as it had appeared in my novel. Which is to say, I had lived out a sort of replica of the scene in Acts where Philip encounters the black man on the road.

Assuming Dick is being honest, that is pretty incredible.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Ive been like this my whole life I guess.

I was told I had fourth dimension when I was a little young jedi.

That's where I can start to find the answers.

Guess my wish as a kid to be an x-men came true after all.

We're rare. But a lot of us are good. Thats a plus.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Me too, although not as intense as your but still semi mind blowing.
Constantly me and my cousin thinking the same things, usually at the same time...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I have had similar experiences, one I remember was during UEFA EURO 2012 Championship. I was looking my facebook and noticed Ensiferum had posted cover of their album, called "Unsung Heroes". At same time, guy in TV talked about one player that was known as "Unsung Hero". It was so weird coincidence, and its not even first time that happens to me.

And multiple times I have predicted what people are going to say next. But its not always working, you need to be very calm. I believe every human is connected somehow to global/universal mind.

Problem with Lotto ticket prediction is that you can't force yourself doing this. Prediction doesn't just work that way. It needs to come naturally
edit on 7-8-2012 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Hello,

As i was reading your post, a movie with terence hill came into my mind - Super Fuzz

Where he gains superpowers while an Nuklear explosion, but the powers are not available when he sees the
collor red.

Maybe your powers are activated by the collor red ?

Greetings.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

It's great to see how many people are experiencing these synchronicities. It is one of the reasons I finally joined last year instead of lurking around all the time. I just couldn't deny what was going on with me anymore, and I needed to see if anyone else was experiencing the same types of things.

After a year of trying to explain it away, I realized that there was a definite pattern. Always with me it is repetitive numbers, followed by a word or phrase that I hear so much I can't explain it away. This comes 2 to 3 weeks before some kind of big event that either affects the world, or me personally. I never get any specifics as far as what is coming - I just know something is. As soon as I stopped trying to ignore it and push it away (because it can get to be too much at times), it got stronger.

Right now, it sounds like it was with me in the beginning - your pattern is being established. Keep paying attention to how things develop with you, and you will learn to "read" these events in your life better.

At first it really freaked me out, but as time has gone by I have gotten much more used to it. My family members have seen it first hand, so that helps a lot too. One thing that makes me feel much better is that I now know that if something really huge was coming my way - I would definitely know about it beforehand. I might not know exactly what it is that's coming, but I'd know when - and at least I would be partially prepared.

Perhaps talking about it with each other will open us all up a little more, too.

Thanks for the thread - writing these things down to look at later is always a good idea. I've gone back to look at things I've posted here a few times to refresh my memory about how it all started.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
Let me start by saying, if you dont understand what I'm talking about, then its just not your time yet.

My whole life I've had some pretty incredable coincidences/sync's. But in the past year or so it's just getting to be too much for me to just right it off as mear coincidences. Here are a few of the examples that have happened recently.

-I was driving my wifes truck when all of a sudden the fuel pump started going out. I wasnt far from home but had a ton of red lights to make it through before I got there. I just kept saying to myself please let me catch all the lights green, and sure enough, I didnt hit a single one red. Let me say that I've lived in this area of Houston for most of my life and I have NEVER caught all the light along this stretch of road green.

-I was sitting at a red light late for work but there was a woman infront of me that wasnt turning when she had plently of gaps in traffic. I didnt honk at her I just thought in my head" GOOOO!!!!...MOVE!!!!!! GOOOO!!!! and then she went at the worst possible time and nearly got t-boned by a dump truck. (I felt bad)

-I play online poker and last week I was playing for about an hour and knew what cards I was going to get before they were delt.It wasnt every hand but probably about 80 percent.

-I was driving to work and needed some smokes, I only had a couple of bucks and was gonna have to get a cheaper brand of cigs than I normally buy. I stoped at a gas station I rarely go to ( like 3 time in my whole life) and when I went to the counter there was a 'camel' representitive there and she offered me a free pack of my favorite cigs.

-I was driving home from work and all of a sudden I smelt Italian food, and I thought to myself, "hmmm, I bet were having italian for dinner", and sure enough thats what was on the table.

-Where I work, the shop has no radios and all of a sudden a song poped in my head. I went back to my desk to check my phone. My wife had texted me the lyrics of the song I was thinking of.

-I'll be asking myself a question or wondering about somthing and without me saying a word, someone near me will answer what I was wondering.

-The other night the wife and I were having a little fight and I went to the hareware store with a friend. I told him, that its probably best if my wife goes to stay with her mother for a few days. I get back to the house and the first thing my wife says is, so do you think it would be best for me to stay at my moms, for a few days? (note: we rarely fight and have NEVER spoke about her ever staying at her mothers house)

-I was sitting at a redlight and desided to change the radio station even thought the song that was on was one that I liked. The station I turned it to was playing a song I had never heard before and a line in the song said"and then I hit the curb". And not 5 seconds later a car turning at the intersection was going too fast and slamed into the curb.

There are so many more "coicidences" that happen to me daily, that I really only remember the ones that really stop me in my tracks. Such as I'll know exactly what someone is about to say, the answer to questions that I have no business knowing, ect.Its mostly like I just get flashes of information but cant decern wether its something about to happen or if its just a random thought until it actually happens. I feel that alot of these occor while I'm driving because Im alone in my thoughts and may we in a different state of mind.

Its exciting but now I feel its getting harder to tell the difference between my own thoughts and the ones of the people around me. Im working on training my mind to give me signals that a thought is either not of my own or a premontion of somthing to happen. So are there any other members that have experienced this or have some techniques they use to get this honed in? Or if you have some stories you would like to share about similar things happening to you.

~peace~

edit on 5-8-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

I can tell you without a doubt what super power you DON'T have...That's the super power of spelling...Jesus there is a spell checker built into the forum code.
I know it's trite but its really hard to take this post seriously when they are too lazy to even right click the red underlined words and look at the suggest spelling variation. I'm not a spelling Nazi..but come on man the spelling is done for you.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Your mind and heart is working in sync. This is the natural way of the human being to operate on. Telepathy is communicating through thought patterns and wavelengths. When one focuses on the mind as way to communicate, which is communcating through wavelengths (thought, sound, radio, light.. are all different wavelengths), one will increase their ability of telepathy which is thoughts in terms of wavelengths.

As beings of a very large and may I say "magical" creation, our minds in the third dimension were made for purpose. Human kind were not ment to speak a language, rather communicate naturually to the outside and inner worlds through telepathy (wavepatterns, thought). Animals and plants, oceans and mountains.. all communicate through telepathy (thought patterns).

The worst thing to happen to human kind in the history of their creation was being taught language, which divided each race, as each races had their own terms of vocal communication, thus losing their natural ability (more like "forgetting) to communicate through thought patterns with eachother and the other races.

Science already shows that thoughts are forms of wavelengths, you can literally mesaure a thought through its frequency.. the entire creation is formed through wavelengths to the smallest sub particles (photons, light waves).

So basically OP, you are connecting with your naturual self, increasing your natural communication ability of telepathy, which again, is thought patterns. For example; your focus of thought to the slow lady in the car in front of you, who would not turn... your thought waves were sending out "HURRY TURN"... seconds after she turned and crashed, which truely was your fault as if you would of been more gentle in terms of your thought patterns, she would of turned at the appropiate time.

Humans in this day and age are so lost as to their natural BEING. They look at everything in creation, everything they perceive with they're 5 sense, as dense and solid, liquid or gas... when in fact everything is wavelengths and frequencies!! Even thoughts! The hardest substances on the planet are tiny vibrating particles at a sub atomic level. These particles make up creation, and YES, can be manipulated through wavelengths
..(thats for another thread)

So one can now understand how "reality" works. Everything communicates and operates through wavelengths

~ Love is an art

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
your not alone but try to generate positive thoughts as much as possible

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join