It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super powers or incredible coincidences

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Let me start by saying, if you dont understand what I'm talking about, then its just not your time yet.

My whole life I've had some pretty incredable coincidences/sync's. But in the past year or so it's just getting to be too much for me to just right it off as mear coincidences. Here are a few of the examples that have happened recently.

-I was driving my wifes truck when all of a sudden the fuel pump started going out. I wasnt far from home but had a ton of red lights to make it through before I got there. I just kept saying to myself please let me catch all the lights green, and sure enough, I didnt hit a single one red. Let me say that I've lived in this area of Houston for most of my life and I have NEVER caught all the light along this stretch of road green.

-I was sitting at a red light late for work but there was a woman infront of me that wasnt turning when she had plently of gaps in traffic. I didnt honk at her I just thought in my head" GOOOO!!!!...MOVE!!!!!! GOOOO!!!! and then she went at the worst possible time and nearly got t-boned by a dump truck. (I felt bad)

-I play online poker and last week I was playing for about an hour and knew what cards I was going to get before they were delt.It wasnt every hand but probably about 80 percent.

-I was driving to work and needed some smokes, I only had a couple of bucks and was gonna have to get a cheaper brand of cigs than I normally buy. I stoped at a gas station I rarely go to ( like 3 time in my whole life) and when I went to the counter there was a 'camel' representitive there and she offered me a free pack of my favorite cigs.

-I was driving home from work and all of a sudden I smelt Italian food, and I thought to myself, "hmmm, I bet were having italian for dinner", and sure enough thats what was on the table.

-Where I work, the shop has no radios and all of a sudden a song poped in my head. I went back to my desk to check my phone. My wife had texted me the lyrics of the song I was thinking of.

-I'll be asking myself a question or wondering about somthing and without me saying a word, someone near me will answer what I was wondering.

-The other night the wife and I were having a little fight and I went to the hareware store with a friend. I told him, that its probably best if my wife goes to stay with her mother for a few days. I get back to the house and the first thing my wife says is, so do you think it would be best for me to stay at my moms, for a few days? (note: we rarely fight and have NEVER spoke about her ever staying at her mothers house)

-I was sitting at a redlight and desided to change the radio station even thought the song that was on was one that I liked. The station I turned it to was playing a song I had never heard before and a line in the song said"and then I hit the curb". And not 5 seconds later a car turning at the intersection was going too fast and slamed into the curb.

There are so many more "coicidences" that happen to me daily, that I really only remember the ones that really stop me in my tracks. Such as I'll know exactly what someone is about to say, the answer to questions that I have no business knowing, ect.Its mostly like I just get flashes of information but cant decern wether its something about to happen or if its just a random thought until it actually happens. I feel that alot of these occor while I'm driving because Im alone in my thoughts and may we in a different state of mind.

Its exciting but now I feel its getting harder to tell the difference between my own thoughts and the ones of the people around me. Im working on training my mind to give me signals that a thought is either not of my own or a premontion of somthing to happen. So are there any other members that have experienced this or have some techniques they use to get this honed in? Or if you have some stories you would like to share about similar things happening to you.

~peace~

edit on 5-8-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yep! You're not alone my friend. It's a lonely life to lead, but there's a purpose behind it. Stay strong and keep learning.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is happening to me as well. It started about 2 years ago, soon after I had a bowl rupture that almost killed me... Very difficult to fathom at times, but I am learning to go with it and trying to find a way to use it to my advantage... Not trying to take over the world or anything, just to benefit me and my family... Just enjoy it...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
Its exciting but now I feel its getting harder to tell the difference between my own thoughts and the ones of the people around me. Im working on training my mind to give me signals that a thought is either not of my own or a premontion of somthing to happen. So are there any other members that have experienced this or have some techniques they use to get this honed in?

In my opinion, don't try and form a distinction. Trying to divide the thoughts will result in more of that 'edgy-difficulty' feeling which you are experiencing at the moment.

When these experiences happen, we sometimes try to find a new space for them in our mind. Like we need to clear out a room for the new guests
But they have always been a part of us, but perhaps only recently uncovered.
(ETA: for example: when we feel love for the first time, don't try and compartmentalise, it has it's place already)

And that means that there has always been room for them too, and no training necessary. When these feelings arise, and if they are not attacked by our mind, they will find a place to settle on their own. Only after they land, will we be able to see exactly where they are situated. (I hope that made sense).

Best wishes!
edit on 5-8-2012 by adrift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm feeling this too, although I don't feel I'm having all the same experiences as you specifically the changing of traffic lights. The part in which you mentioned getting answers to questions you didn't ask and feeling not only your thoughts but other individuals thoughts as well really resonated with me. All there new things that I'm feeling are starting to scare me, causing anxiety and panic attacks. I'm very scared and I wish someone could help me. I feel like I'm going insane, I don't know how to deal with this.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I knew I wasn't the only one (couple of my mates experience similar things) but its refreshing to hear other people talk about it
I know exactly where you are coming from mate, freaky stuff happens to me on an hourly basis.

You get used to it.. just try not to turn too crazy over it because that can and does happen to people!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I knew I wasn't the only one (couple of my mates experience similar things) but its refreshing to hear other people talk about it
I know exactly where you are coming from mate, freaky stuff happens to me on an hourly basis.

You get used to it.. just try not to turn too crazy over it because that can and does happen to people!

No worries about it making me crazy. I welcome it. Like I said in my original post, this has happened to me most of my life. But just lately its been getting intense.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
Yep! You're not alone my friend. It's a lonely life to lead, but there's a purpose behind it. Stay strong and keep learning.

Its kinda funny that your the first one that posted on this thread because your screen name is Ryanssuperman and my real name is Ryan. and we're talking about possible super powers and coincidences.........seeee...this is what Im talkin about. That is a crazy coincidence...or is it?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is the same for me. I'm not even joking.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by minto

Well, tell us about it. What are some of the things that have happened to you?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

I don't know if this is some kind of super power or anything i think it's just latent mind stuff that we don't understand.

For instance I know things, lots of random things that i can never remember reading or learning about, and i only know these things when someone begins talking about them to me. I've quoted law, business policies, societal norms of countries I've never visited etc etc etc, Most of it i think is because i may have actually read it somewhere in my past and the thought just appears as that is what it is. other times ... wellll who knows ... like feelings, i know when someone is feeling something different i can feel it but only when it is something they don't want others to know about, weird huh! (my partner hates it).

All this stuff though i honestly think it's natural, others must have the same stuff, i'm not special or unique in any way, i think it's just stuff that our brain and body "senses" but has absolutely no context to align it to so our mind just slots it into the present. E.G. i've started singing songs that my partner was listening to on headphones that i could not hear, but it must have been so low that my brain did hear and translated it into my normal operation. the feelings issue, some body movement or slight facial expression must be being read by my brain and straight away conveying the emotion that i just cant normal notice. (like poker player tells, you have to really look for them)

meh too deep into my head again now. stay safe all. ( P.S. no august 4th what a bummer!)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If we are all to some degree experiencing the same thing, does anyone have any idea what we're supposed to do next? Or do some feel the same as I do, and that we'll know and all signs are pointing to soon.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan

Originally posted by minto

Well, tell us about it. What are some of the things that have happened to you?

Way to many to list. However I think I can control it to a certain degree. I'm not meaning like winning lottery numbers or predicting the future but if a thought comes to my head and I don't want that to happen I have to tell myself it won't happen or I find it does.

For example. If Iam driving somewhere, and I think for a split second; "the police will be there" they will be. Unless I instantly think "thats not going to happen." I can't explain it but it happens.
It goes for lots of things every day. I noticed this happening about a year ago I think.

However since Iv been aware of this although I feel I can control it I also feel by doing so its causing issues out with my control. I have been going through a lot of dark thoughts recently resulting in dieing.

It's hard to explain. When I do noone listens. So I just try to use it to my advantage. This to me is not a super power, or chance .. I really believe this is some kind of evolution. Using what we already have. Our brains correctly.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The other night I was lying in my bed when the fan in my computer started making terrible rattling noise. I thought "get quiet" or something along those lines, and within seconds it died down. I stopped concentrating on "get quiet" and it started with the noise again. Did this three times in a row. then I shut the Cicadas up. It was freaky.

I think it would be kind of scary if everyone in the world is a latent psyker

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
First things first. There's such thing as coincidence.

Secondly welcome aboard. Take it to the next level. Connect to those in your immediate circle. You can help people in ways they will never be able to understand. When you do you can sit back and smile as you will see the synchronisities align themselves and unfold.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I've noticed sort similar things happening to me a few times in the past month or two.

- driving down the road, I saw what appeared to be a cop car, and I told myself, that's a trooper. It turns out that it wasn't a cop car at all....but the next one was. So, yea, I mistook a car...but the next one turned out to be what I thought the first one was. It was amusing, but nothing 'magical' about it. It was neat though.

- lately I've told myself that I have been saving my money for a new car, slowly. I told myself this because there is nothing else I really need. I didn't really need a new car until many years later because I only had 38K miles on my current one. (built in Japan, so it would last a while). Well...that was a valid reason to save still, but as it turned out, i'd need the money I saved much sooner because I recently have my car totaled. So, i definitely am saving my money for a new car.

Again, not really at all the same thing you experienced....it just caught me off guard that i'd need the money i was saving much sooner than i expected.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Lately I have not been feeling happy as three bad things have happened in the last two months, to our family. And although I had to use Jedi mind control on someone, I feel as if my grief is stopping my conscious abilities.

Although my dreams are getting more lucid, I can even fly in my dreams.

But I had a zombie nightmare last month, didn't scare me as I killed it.

SO maybe you are content with your life at the moment.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

if you dont understand what I'm talking about, then its just not your time yet.

no, if i dont understand what your talking about it's more likely i have more brain cell's than you.

bland coincidence's superman.
but pls,go ahead and think youre special.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

if you dont understand what I'm talking about, then its just not your time yet.

no, if i dont understand what your talking about it's more likely i have more brain cell's than you.

bland coincidence's superman.
but pls,go ahead and think youre special.

Wow
Who pissed in your cheerios?

Get off your high horse, I never said I was special did I? I beleive, as others here, that it is latent abilities that are for some reason becoming more prominent.

How bout you go get a fresh bowl of cheerios and come back with something constructive and less b**chy to say. k?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join