It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antiquity À-la-carte

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This is a project of the Ancient World Mapping Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I'm not quite sure how to use it, but the program does offer quite a lot of information for individuals who are interested in using an interactive map of the ancient world.

(Same source as linked below)

The Antiquity À-la-carte application is an interactive digital map of the ancient world.

It does have a (pdf: user's guide) that will be helpful to understand how the interactive map works and operates. There is a search selection box in the upper left corner which appears to offer a whole list of searchable items that can be found throughout different time periods and then displayed on the map, but it's going to take some reading to understand how to use this (for me anyways.)

Well I will be spending the day reading and becoming associated with the software, this is really

edit on 5-8-2012 by Daedal because: grammar

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

A 51 page user guide! My word...isn't there a quick set up guide?

Looks interesting though, so I'll give it a go... Thanks for posting.

ETA...It's jolly complicated...this may take some time to get a handle on, I'm sure though, that in the hands of someone less technically inept, it'd be fabulous. Luckily I have my Penguin Atlas of the Ancient World in the meantime. I'm breaking a sweat here...too many parametres to tweak...

edit on 5-8-2012 by Biliverdin because: (no reason given)

join