It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Theory- TPTB taking their game to a whole new level?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Greetings ATS, I've recently got back from my summer holiday, so far nothing has happened at the Olympics, which is good
At this point however, I think an important question arises.

I will be the first to admit I was taken in 'hook, line and sinker' by the 'Olympic conspiracy'. I tried to refrain from commenting in the run up to the Olympics because the timeline for an attack at the Olympics didn't add up, but my fears got the better of me and I posted a few threads suggesting something may happen.

I know I wasn't the only one to think something was going to happen. You only have to look at this forum and the numerous threads that were started too see how many were taken in.

There is a big difference between those people who dismissed the idea entirely and those who considered what was around them.

The facts-

1- Nothing has happened thus far

2- Despite nothing happening, there was a HUGE effort to convince people something was going to happen. This fact cannot be undermined or dismissed, the predictive programming was very real. From TV shows, music, movies, public posters and advertisements, there was a massive effort to implant the idea something was going to happen. The MSM even pounced on the G4S scandal, people were wondering why would the news be advertising security leaks before such an event?

So the question is, WHY?

The theory-

To understand the following theory, we need to appreciate where we are today.

When 9/11 happened, the internet wasn't anywhere near as widespread as it is today. It has been in the years following 9/11 that the internet has spread to today's standards. People in the time after 9/11 have gained access to information that was previously hidden as the main source of info was the controlled MSM.

Here's a paper from 2008 on 'conspiracy therories' and how dangerous to government they are-

www.scribd.com...

The co author of this paper is Cass Sunstein, who is currently Administrator of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, as assigned by Obama.

Here's a quick quote to see the line the government could potentially be taking regarding conspiracy theories-

Many millions of people hold conspiracy theories; they believe that powerful people have worked together in order to withhold the truth about some important practice or some terrible event. A recent example is the belief, widespread in some partsof the world, that the attacks of 9/11 were carried out not by Al Qaeda, but by Israel or the United States. Those who subscribe to conspiracy theories may create serious risks,including risks of violence, and the existence of such theories raises significant challenges for policy and law.

What can government do about conspiracy theories? Among the things it can do, what should it do? We can readily imagine a series of possible responses. (1)Government might ban conspiracy theorizing. (2) Government might impose some kind of tax, financial or otherwise, on those who disseminate such theories. (3) Government might itself engage in counterspeech, marshaling arguments to discredit conspiracytheories. (4) Government might formally hire credible private parties to engage in counterspeech.

The paper is proof that the spread of 'conspiracies' is viewed a threat to be taken seriously. The internet has helped millions of people become aware to the reality of governments and what goes on behind the scenes. Before the internet, I had no idea about the Iran Contra Affair, Operation Northwoods, or the Gulf of Tonkin false flag etc.

So whilst conspiracy theorists before the spread of internet where a very small minority, considered harmless overall given the main access to information was mainstream sources, this has changed dramatically as people now have access to alternative information sources.

You only have to look at Ron Paul. He has been around talking about the Federal Reserve since the 1980's! Only in the past 4 years or so have people started to take his message seriously. I would argue the internet has had a huge part to play in that movement in public consciousness.

Taking the above into account, the internet and resulting spread of conspiracy theories are a danger to government. No government wants the people to understand what really goes on, they don't want people asking questions.

A solid way to tackle this is to discredit conspiracy theorists. If you make them look foolish, then people will stop listening to them.

So this is where the theory of the 'Olympic conspiracy' comes into play-

What better way to discredit the conspiracy theorists than set up the idea that a false flag will happen at the biggest event on the earth in 2012- ie, the London Olympic games.

I'm not making excuses for myself, I will admit I was taken in by the Olympic conspiracy. It was all around us, music, TV shows, the G4S scandal getting an overload of MSM coverage, it was literally being spelled out something was going to happen.

At no point did I consider that conspiracy theorists could be being set up for a fall.

Before you dismiss this, think about the times you have spoken to family members about the truth in Libya, or what really happened on 9/11 etc. Think about the warnings you gave about the Olympics. It's hard enough getting people to listen to conspiracy theories as it is, but if the Olympic games now finish and nothing happens, you've lost that audience forever.

Hindsight makes it easy to say this, but the G4S coverage didn't make any sense. G4S is the biggest private security company in the world, they already run some prisons in the UK, they are seeking to take over the police force. To have seen the government turn on them just before the Olympics didn't really add up. It wouldn't surprise me now if G4S emerge after the Olympics and are congratulated on their job well done, which would be to make the public think private companies running the country isn't that bad after all!

To me, it seems TPTB have adjusted their game to be one step ahead of the masses, they identified that the internet has produced the growth in potentially dangerous 'conspiracy theories', and they have adpated their game by setting up a huge fake conspiracy knowing people will take the bait and discredit themselves, as I have done and possibly millions around the world have done as well.

The predictive programming was very blatant, hindsight perhaps makes it easy to say it was all 'too blatant', if anything we have to learn from that.

I did question the timing of an Olympic false flag, if it was really planned then it seemed early. I have no doubt a false flag is planned to be blamed on Iran, but it could literally happen anywhere in the world. The agenda from the American perspective is that they are preparing militarily to tackle Iran in 2013, so any false flag would make more sense to be planned around the time of the US elections, or would not happen until Assad was removed from Syria. Syria has to be dealt with first before they tackle Iran, so the timeline for an Olympic attack was too early.

I did ask those questions, but fear made me believe something was planned for the Olympics, and as I say, I fell for the 'Olympic conspiracy' hook line and sinker.

Again, let me admit, I fell for the conspiracy. I did have reservations, but overall, I felt the predictive programming effort combined with the G4S scandal coverage was enough to justify feeling something was planned to happen. Only now can I see we may well have been set up for a fall and that we will always be one step behind TPTB.

edit on 5-8-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I would wait for the closing ceremony on August 12:th before concluding that nothing happened. If this is a genuine false flag operation, there is an incredible amount of work invested into pulling it off.

Unlike 9/11, many people are watching this one and it will be interesting to see if something happens despite all the attention. Lets hope not.

edit on 5-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
There wasn't a huge effort to get people to believe in the Conspiracy theories, just a bunch of ropey youtube video's trying to "connect the dots".

It's the same as the 2012 conspiracies, not really much evidence apart from conjecture and misinterpretation.

I mean some of the Olympic conspiracies posted on ATS have been so "out there", you start to question the sanity of those coming up with them.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

I'm sure nothing will happen and hopefully it doesn't.

But we can't count our chickens just yet. There's still the closing ceremony to come.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

I'm sure nothing will happen and hopefully it doesn't.

But we can't count our chickens just yet. There's still the closing ceremony to come.

Well hopefully it doesn't.

I've been watching the games and I just get the feeling the whole 'Olympic Conspiracy' that I (and many others) fell for was a fabrication to discredit 'conspiracy theorists'.

If nothing happens, it will be incredibly effective, who in their right mind would take a 'loony conspiracy theorist' seriously after all the speculation of a false flag at the Olympics that never happened?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Nothing yet, but hey, there's almost another week left.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
If nothing happens, it will be incredibly effective, who in their right mind would take a 'loony conspiracy theorist' seriously after all the speculation of a false flag at the Olympics that never happened?

Im not sure I understand the logic. Why would other conspiracies have less chance of occuring because this one doesnt?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimitiveWorld

Im not sure I understand the logic. Why would other conspiracies have less chance of occuring because this one doesnt?

I'll try and explain

Take the example of a shill who is paid to post on an online poker forum. His job is to defend the integrity and reputation of online poker.

Someone joins the site and starts a thread saying 'online poker is rigged and run by criminals.' It is the shill's job to now discredit this poster in order to stop people taking him seriously. If you go to the 9/11 forum on ATS, you will see shills in action and they will disredit people in an attempt to stop people listening to them.

If you discredit somebody and make them look stupid, then people are less likely to take them seriously.

'Conspiracy theories' are all bundled together, so if you mention 'conspiracy' to somebody, it is filed in their minds under one big bubble. So if the 'Olympic conspiracy' is proven to be BS, then the other messages (which may be real) people have to convey will all be filed under that same 'BS conspiracy' section of their brain and they will stop listening.

So next time I try and explain how the West is funding the rebels in Syria, that person will turn around and say aren't you the goon who was trying to convince me a false flag was planned for the Olympics?

Hopefully you can understand my point now

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
That brings up an interesting point about what we are missing in our reviews of previously posted ideas. After a software development project and product launch, there is often an effort to collect the good and bad points of the project, and apply them in future projects. This could be called a "post-mortem", or "lessons-learned".

That's something we don't do a lot of around here. Most of our reviews of theories that have passed their deadlines involve "You were wrong. Nyah, Nyah. I was right for saying you'd be wrong. This topic will now be referred to as stupid."

I liked your approach here, as you're trying to shed light on how one of the most popular and obvious upcoming false flag events could have been built from the ground up as a red herring. And it makes sense. The Olympics false flag theory made lots of sense, and had lots of input from MSM. That usually happens for a reason.

We need more of this type of posting on here.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

You are describing a very sheep-like behavior where the person would disregard the content of the message based on his previous experience with conspiracies that are totally unrelated to the current one.

But yes, Ive seen that behavior in people too. They are missing a lot of interesting things because of it.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Discredit conspiracy theorists? Let's be honest, they discredit themselves!

It is merely a reflection of our paranoid, blood thirsty, modern society that craves every major event becomes a conspiracy in the making. And when it doesn't, when nothing happens - that too is a conspiracy.

It's mass madness.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimitiveWorld

You are describing a very sheep-like behavior where the person would disregard the content of the message based on his previous experience with conspiracies that are totally unrelated to the current one.

But yes, Ive seen that behavior in people too. They are missing a lot of interesting things because of it.

Exactly.

I don't know why some people think like that but many do.

I will always try my best to see both sides of an argument, but many people do just round up all 'conspiracy' into one big pile, and they refuse to even entertain an idea because it is a 'conspiracy'.

If the Olympic Conspiracy is proven to be fake in order to discredit conspiracies, then any progress made in trying to make people question the world is taking a huge step backwards IMO.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Discredit conspiracy theorists? Let's be honest, they discredit themselves!

Nail on the head and the very reason I believe my theory in this thread may very well be correct

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet
That brings up an interesting point about what we are missing in our reviews of previously posted ideas. After a software development project and product launch, there is often an effort to collect the good and bad points of the project, and apply them in future projects. This could be called a "post-mortem", or "lessons-learned".

That's something we don't do a lot of around here. Most of our reviews of theories that have passed their deadlines involve "You were wrong. Nyah, Nyah. I was right for saying you'd be wrong. This topic will now be referred to as stupid."

I liked your approach here, as you're trying to shed light on how one of the most popular and obvious upcoming false flag events could have been built from the ground up as a red herring. And it makes sense. The Olympics false flag theory made lots of sense, and had lots of input from MSM. That usually happens for a reason.

We need more of this type of posting on here.

The MSM point is a very good one. Considering it is controlled, when they were covering the G4S scandal and security leaks on such a scale, we should have seen it for what it is was, but hindsight makes that easy to say.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
. Let me get this straight OP, you are hypothesising that because nothing major happened during the Olympics it may be that TPTB set up the conspiracy theorists to fail by planting the idea that something was going to happen to discredit them.

MEGAAAAAA LOLZ!!!!!!!

How about you conspiracy theorists all admit that the Olympics of 2012 have made you all look very silly. With the symbolism of the logo (you know ZION) the numerological significant date (2012) and the various snippets form the “MSN” with music videos and all the rest of it along with the hype around the security as evidence of a imitate false flag, countless ATS threads with countless members warning us something big was going to happen …… Nothing happened!!!!

The Olympics of 2012 should be a lesson to you all that symbolism and numerology are not reliable and neither is reading into what you see in the entertainment industry because at the end of the day this has proven that no matter how many symbols and numbers you see nothing will happen

Egg…Face.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I read what you have to say...I know the internet was not as it is today...but when 911 occurred i was in a yahoo chat room talking with a friend Redwing(his Yahoo handle) along with several other of out friends in voice chat...and he said something was going on after the first plane hit...and we all then turned on our Tele's and continue talking in the room as he would tell us he was letting people into his home that were trying to flee from the attacks...He would go back and forth from his door to the computer keeping us all informed in real time as things were progressing...then the second plane hit and we were all in awe...talking about what was going on and amazed as he was there in the thick of it....

Now as far as the olympic thoughts...i tried to stay out of the hysteria...I posted once after the word that Israel was stating the Iranians were going to do something...I thought what a bunch of arrogant false flagers...i thought this could be the case then....just as i did get sucked into the USS Liberty crud.

But then something did kinda click...was this a pre test to get a response from the masses...I don't know if people still remember the War of the worlds threat...the mass panic...the first test to see how the masses respond to media.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

MEGAAAAAA LOLZ!!!!!!!

How about you conspiracy theorists all admit that the Olympics of 2012 have made you all look very silly. With the symbolism of the logo (you know ZION) the numerological significant date (2012) and the various snippets form the “MSN” with music videos and all the rest of it along with the hype around the security as evidence of a imitate false flag, countless ATS threads with countless members warning us something big was going to happen …… Nothing happened!!!!

The Olympics of 2012 should be a lesson to you all that symbolism and numerology are not reliable and neither is reading into what you see in the entertainment industry because at the end of the day this has proven that no matter how many symbols and numbers you see nothing will happen

Egg…Face.

I read that twice to make sure and yep...your post sums up the point of my thread.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There is a huge, planned, global event...they must be planning a false flag operation.
Nothing happened, it must be a conspiracy theory to make the conspiracy theorists look foolish.

There is a random, tragic, violent act; it must be a false flag operation.
The incident was committed by one, deranged individual who admits to it or doesn't...that's what they want you to think.

Absolutely nothing is going on in the news...they must be covering something up.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It begins

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't know about anyone else but I have received a LOT of stick off friends and family over the 'Olympic Conspiracy'.

To the point now where I have given up trying to communicate 'conspiracies' with people because it will only lead to ridicule.

You can undermine my thread all you like but the theory is more than plausible given how TPTB view the spread of conspiracies via the internet as extremely dangerous to their control, they cannot have a population aware of the reality of government (9/11, Gulf Of Tonkin, Iran Contra, Operation Northwoods etc).

The 'Olympic Conspiracy' undermines everything you now have to say about ALL conspiracies, intentional or not, the Olympic conspiracy has worked very well in TPTB's favour.

Or am I the only one to get stick from friends and family for being wrong?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Again, let me admit, I fell for the conspiracy. I did have reservations, but overall, I felt the predictive programming effort combined with the G4S scandal coverage was enough to justify feeling something was planned to happen. Only now can I see we may well have been set up for a fall and that we will always be one step behind TPTB.

What does "TPTB" stand for?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join