It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world economy in 7 years ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
How do you think the world economy will look in 7 years? What major changes do you think will be made and what will stay the same? Will a major event like war have an influence or a major disaster and just maybe we might actually do something right?

I personally do not see the immediate future being prosperous for the majority of earth's inhabitants both human and non. As a species our overall mindset and the majority of out motivations that guides our decision making seems to be at a crossroads imo.

200 or 100 years ago we were nowhere near as much a hazzard to ourself and the planet as we are now, we are living in a technological world were the majority still use old world thinking, and we still cause the same problems we did since civ began. The majority of people use a machine like a computer but could never invent it or understand how it works and that tells me most of the world population is not as smart as the 10% or so who invented out technological society they just live in it oblivious to its ability and danger.

To end the rambling and get to my point, I think the next 7 years will see fear and hate alow the continuation of the sqeezing we see on the "lower classes" , more war to keep us divided , more corporate power , more starvation and more lies from people supposed to be doing good. I cant even fathom how we let certain people get to the positions they ahve to make these horrible choices but it is ALL OUR FAULTS! We let it get this far and for the people at the top looking down why would they stop? It all seems to begoing well for them.

I really hope the planets greedy people realize they are failing our species and I hope the have nots realize they could do so much more if they just woke up. Do we desreve the world we have made? I honestly dont think my children do and thats why I am so outspoken in my life with regards to these matters. To the people in the middle who think everything is ok well good day to you and I hope it stays that way for you.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
We are simply going through yet another historical cycle. What is playing out has played out over and over again throughout the centuries. The only difference would be the scope.

As for the planet, the planet is fine and will continue to be so long after we're gone. We may eventually take out ourselves and a few thousand other species, but the Earth will hardly notice. We're not even a blink of its eye. We are nothing more than another natural process as far as its concerned.

As for the economy, its too soon to dial down on specifics, but the current system seems to be in a state of collapse. True innovation may pop up or it may not. Either way, the move toward more centralization will lead to its collapse and instill decentralization, the exact mechanism through which is still unknown. Unrest is a given. The length and intensity are up for grabs.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't care about the world economy in 7 years or even 7 days.
I have dirt under my feet that I own, I have a food garden, I can find meat, I have tools.
I'm doing ok with or without fiats.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
I have dirt under my feet that I own, I have a food garden, I can find meat, I have tools.

Good for you, my friend. Unfortunately, the vast majority of humans do not have the same blessings you do.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant

Originally posted by g146541

Good for you, my friend. Unfortunately, the vast majority of humans do not have the same blessings you do.

It took a long time to build said blessing.
The number one thing I can press is get at least 1 acre of land that you can work.
From there you have got most bases covered.
You got something to stand on when loitering becomes illegal and you got dirt to plant in when food becomes illegal.
Just land!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
In 7 years, the United states will likely be even stronger than the rest of the world, the US dollar will become even more of the world's reserve currency, the US treasury market won't collapse but get stronger, there won't be hyperinflation but likely deflation as the global debt bubble gets unwound, and there will likely be another global recession.

aka, par for the course. Like a previous poster said, what's happening now happens all the time throughout the history of mankind.

The United States though, because of our lax immigration policies, will weather the storm better than any other developed economy precisely because we have lax immigration policies. Japan has #ed themselves over; their demographic polices have resulted in a society with old men - the average person in Japan currently is a 64 year old male. Same with China. The "elites" running the show in Washington (and Bohemian Grove
) know this, and they know that the Anglo Saxon race is a dying race, both in the United states and in Europe. They know that in order for the United states to continue being the world's hegemonic superpower, that we must allow the world's best and brightest to come here, and they're flocking here in droves.

I know, it's an argument that is counter to the prevailing conspiracy theories that have become almost a cult following, but it's the objective reality as I see it. And if you think China is going to some how kill the US dollar off, think again. One factor in this equation is the military superiority the United States continues to have. China knows this. Plus, if they try and kill the dollar, it will kill their economy because their economy IS BUILT on the back of United States and European consumers.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Why the 7 years?

It wouldn't have any connection to the 7 Year Tribulation would it?

I see 2 paths ahead.

1) The elite will be in control and the entire one world economy will be fascist based where they control the top mega-companies. A bit like now with the Rothchilds controlling all Central Banks.

2) A new age arises (revolution) where the elite get wiped out of existance like they did in France during the French revolution.

If 2 occurs then the first 1260 days (3 1/2 years) will be better than now. However it will be a 'false sense of safety and security'. On the 1261 day it will be Armageddon in the battle fields of Megiddo, north of Israel.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yup, and acre per person would be about right and thats not taking under ground growing or multiple levels either. Powers the thing though eh.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
In 7 years, the United states will likely be even stronger than the rest of the world, the US dollar will become even more of the world's reserve currency, the US treasury market won't collapse but get stronger, there won't be hyperinflation but likely deflation as the global debt bubble gets unwound, and there will likely be another global recession.

And if you think China is going to some how kill the US dollar off, think again. One factor in this equation is the military superiority the United States continues to have.
Please Please tell me your post was entire Sarcasm.

The US economy is circling the bowl, has been for years.

There were more Manufactoring jobs in 1975 then in 2012.

Latest boom cycle, cell phones. Not one, let me expand, NOT ONE built in the US.

Just what will meet the demand of the expanding release of US Dollars, ...... Fed Printing.

Mate , Econ 101... Guns or butter.

Sure the US will have the strongest Military in 7 years, but cant butter guns onto bread.

The US will slide into 2nd place Economically , just based on shear numbers.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Seriously ? 7 (SEVEN) YEARS ???

I can't even predict how it will look in 7 weeks...and I have couple degress in economics.

But, if you want an answer : based on trading between small and close comunities.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Slickinfinity

The economy is 7 years will look a lot like it does right now; wealth and resources will continue to be consolidated by those at the top while everyone else continues to struggle in a "too slow" recovery.

Eventually, there will be another planned collapse, which will serve to strengthen the "haves" at the expense of all others.

Eventually, because it is the mentality the population has been herded into for the past 30 years, the populist uprising against national governance will reach a peak and we will have a national and global political crisis.

At this juncture, political governance will fail, national power structures will collapse and we will truly shift into the Era of Globalism, where we will all be ruled under Economic Governance of a neo-feudalist strain; where national/local governments are proxy enforcers of Corporate will...and where they fail, private security contractors(ie, Blackwateresque mercenaries) will enforce corporate will by force.

As a previous poster said, it is history's cycle.

We are have been moving away from democracy for some time...prepare for the "liberty" of the elites.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
To the people who say its a cycle that happens again and again I agree to an extent but our current world is different than anything previously lived in and our technology is a factor never before recognized until the modern world.

Never before could so much information, modern convieniences and gadgets n gizmo's shape our world but now they do.

We can either go the road that greed take us which is what we are on imo (the old way of thinking), get it all now and get more of it whatever it may be.

We need to change the way our overall motivations that guide our actions, if we were motivated to have a strong healthy species where every person was equal and important and a person would never keep 20 billion in cash and assets while a whole continent like africa basically starves the world would be alot different.

Its a fact that our leaders measure lives for dollars in a daily game that gets played over and over with people getting the dirty end of the stick simply because of where they were born and the lack of wealth they were born into. I chose 7 years in the question because I believe thats about how long we have to realize we need to drastically change our attitudes, not just the elite or rich but all of us.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

And if you think China is going to some how kill the US dollar off, think again. One factor in this equation is the military superiority the United States continues to have.
Please Please tell me your post was entire Sarcasm.

The US economy is circling the bowl, has been for years.

There were more Manufactoring jobs in 1975 then in 2012.

Latest boom cycle, cell phones. Not one, let me expand, NOT ONE built in the US.

Just what will meet the demand of the expanding release of US Dollars, ...... Fed Printing.

Mate , Econ 101... Guns or butter.

Sure the US will have the strongest Military in 7 years, but cant butter guns onto bread.

The US will slide into 2nd place Economically , just based on shear numbers.

The FED DOES NOT MONETIZE DEBT or PRINT MONEY; when it purchases treasuries, it is purchasing treasuries THAT WERE ALREADY BOUGHT by the public. Money is created when bank loans it or the Federal government spends it.

If the supposed "money printing" and our fiat currency and treasury market were such a problem, why haven't yields EXPLODED? They haven't! And they didn't in Japan either and Japan has operated exactly like the US has for 20 years monetarily.

edit on 5-8-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
Seriously ? 7 (SEVEN) YEARS ???

I can't even predict how it will look in 7 weeks...and I have couple degress in economics.

But, if you want an answer : based on trading between small and close comunities.

Have to agree whole-heartedly with this.

The US is changing, and the next 7 years will be all new to us. Doubt we will be on top in any way.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murad
reply to post by g146541

Yup, and acre per person would be about right and thats not taking under ground growing or multiple levels either. Powers the thing though eh.

Folks did it fine 200 years ago, they were just in etter shape.
There are methods of generating power and storing it too nowadays.
If you secure just a few "tools" a financial collapse will never scare you.
Well, with the exception of the living zombies you may have to deal with that is.
Oh well, more meat and fertilizer I guess!!

I will admit, some of the little comforts will be missed if anything goes sideways but it could definately be done.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

aka, par for the course. Like a previous poster said, what's happening now happens all the time throughout the history of mankind.

The United States though, because of our lax immigration policies, will weather the storm better than any other developed economy precisely because we have lax immigration policies. Japan has #ed themselves over; their demographic polices have resulted in a society with old men - the average person in Japan currently is a 64 year old male. Same with China. The "elites" running the show in Washington (and Bohemian Grove
) know this, and they know that the Anglo Saxon race is a dying race, both in the United states and in Europe. They know that in order for the United states to continue being the world's hegemonic superpower, that we must allow the world's best and brightest to come here, and they're flocking here in droves.

I know, it's an argument that is counter to the prevailing conspiracy theories that have become almost a cult following, but it's the objective reality as I see it. And if you think China is going to some how kill the US dollar off, think again. One factor in this equation is the military superiority the United States continues to have. China knows this. Plus, if they try and kill the dollar, it will kill their economy because their economy IS BUILT on the back of United States and European consumers.

I think you're dreaming. The United States will get weaker and weaker over the next 7 years as US politicians bicker and argue back and forth over how to reduce the deficit, meanwhile the debt will have grown to over $25 trillion.

When you have massive debt and don't reduce spending or make efforts to pay back debt, there is no way that this makes you stronger.

In 7 years, over 70% of the US budget will be going to debt payments only, and that's at current rates of spending, not allowing for anything extra.

US military superiority won't mean a thing in a war with China, as China will kill the US economy overnight liek a bug if there is a confrontation. Personally, I can't see a war with China happening any time soon.

USA economy is going to look like Italy or Ireland within a few short years, probably not quite as bad as Spain or Greece, but pretty close.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

[No offence] ,but has the ' 7 year Tribulation ' started ?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Anyone who claims to know how the world economy will be in 7 years from this point is simply not too bright, else lacks a high degree of self-awareness.

There are far too many wild cards which may pop up from now until the the end of the decade. Each one is a potential "game changer" for how the world operates. From an energy revolution, to raw technological revolution, to political revolutions, and on...any one happening will change all current predictions, and it also matters which order they may come about.

I think the worst prediction is: same ole' same ole'

That's just not too probable. We're essentially in a "singularity" of sorts where nobody can accurately predict or determine the most probable/best path to take.

I'd say if anything, we either make it else bust in the next generation. There are a ton of problems which seem to be piling up, but that also leads to pressures to innovate our way out of it all.

The best I can say is: I have no clue

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zngland
reply to post by Rapha
[No offence] ,but has the ' 7 year Tribulation ' started ?

Not yet. But it will start soon. Before the end of this year.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Alrighty. I hope some of you guys don't invest money the way you talk on ATS! Take a look at mutual fund and ETF performance currently, and you'll find that the top performing sector is LONG TERM TREASURIES.

I've even talked to people who are dollar cost averaging into triple short long term treasury ETFs and they're literally losing their life savings. They say, oh, it eventually has to go up.

The "fiscal cliff" and debt ceiling is nothing but political foder. You do realize politicians have been talking about it for the last 30 years and people have been claiming the sky is falling for as long, and it hasn't.

Hell, even the bond king Bill Gross recently changed his opinion and said he was wrong in claiming the treasury bull market is over; if the Fed keeps rates low for the next 5 years, treasuries will go up up and away.

Stop listening to the doomsdayers people, like Alex Jones or Peter Schiff. They're filling your minds with garbage.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join