It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian woman, American die from unexplained medical problems in Vietnam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

A Canadian woman and a fellow American tourist who were travelling together in Vietnam have both died from unexplained medical problems after they had to be taken to hospital, local media are reporting.

The two women were staying in the same hotel room in the coastal resort city of Nha Trang in south Vietnam.

Within 48 hours last week, the two suffered acute respiratory and cardiac problems and died while under intensive care at Khanh Hoa provincial hospital, the newspaper Thanh Nien reported.

The paper said the Canadian woman was 26-year-old Cathy Huynh and the American traveller was 27-year-old Karin Joy Bowerman.

And in mid June there was this Quebec sisters possibly poisoned in Thailand

I'm wondering what could've happened to these poor girls.

Canadian woman, American die from unexplained medical problems in Vietnam

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Could the Ebola outbreak in Uganda jumped to Vietnam? Although if it had I'm sure they would have said, right?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
There are no shortage of things that can kill you in Vietnam. Be it bugs, critters, plants, disease, bacteria, or Commies.

A friend of mine almost died from Dengue Fever over there a few years ago.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Yeah dengue fever is horrible! And you're right about the no shortage of things that want to kill you, they have some nasty snaked over there!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Related?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I didn't have time to check where "Ba Dien" is located from the first article, I just remember it coming up recently.

"Ba Dien"

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

A little more info...

An unnamed official with the Khanh Hoa Province Health Department told the newspaper Tuoi Tre that it’s likely that the two women had suffered poisoning.

Neither woman had any apparent wounds or injuries, Thanh Nien said, quoting Pham Dinh Chi, a physician and hospital deputy director, as saying that doctors were waiting for forensic test results.

the two suffered acute respiratory and suffered several heart failures before dying

Nha Trang is a coastal city and capital of Khanh Hoa province, on the South Central Coast of Vietnam is where the present case took place

Nha Trang - Wiki - Map

Quảng Ngãi is a province in the South Central Coast region of Vietnam. This one is related to Mystery Disease Spreading in Vietnam

Quảng Ngãi - Wiki - Map

They are pretty close from each others but the symptoms are completely differents

Quảng Ngãi mystery desease symptoms are rash on hands and feet along with high fever, loss of appetite and eventually organ failure.

In THIS case neither woman had any apparent wounds or injuries.

Waiting for more info...

edit on 5/8/2012 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Nha Trang is a well known party place. The most likely cause of death would be drug and alcohol related. As for forensic investigations, not likely. They just don't have the technical ability.

edit on 5-8-2012 by deessell because: (no reason given)

top topics

join