It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON (update) - National Release of two 'Blockbuster' UFO discoveries.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
On the NASA TV channel they showed the 7 minutes of terror animation just before the rover Curiosity touches down. One of the engineers stated that if the landing is successful, the rover will be showing live pictures 30 minutes after the safe touchdown. The touchdown is at 1:31 am EDT, 6 August 2012, and the first pictures, if landing is successful, will be transmitted at 2:01 am, thirty minutes later. We won't see them until the signals are received 14 minutes later at 2:15 am, and then after they have been processed by NASA, another 15 to 30 minutes.
So maybe by 3:00 am Monday morning will we have any images.

That is if the rover, Curiosity, lands successfully...

Is that new rover getting the same magic technology that allow selective and precise cleaning of martian dust too?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RongoRongo
reply to post by DarthFazer

MUFON has not been relevant in years.

A complete fabrication. MUFON still has the largest database of UFO investigations on the planet regardless of whether they sort this out for the public or not, they are hardly irrelevant.
And so are Star Trek conventions "relevant" Ever been to a MUFON convention? Very little.difference between the two. Decades of research and still no irefutable proof. Not to mention the people they have as feild investagators. Anyone that pays the large fee to become one can be a feild investigator. They give you a to do pamphlet there is no iq test. Not trained observers but typically fringe types. New age gurus mostly that do more harm then good. When i made a report all i got was call and was asked a few basic questions. Not what i call an investigation at all. So n[o post bigelow MUFON is not relevant. Its about money now.
edit on 5-8-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by AgentSmith
reply to post by Ben81

I know for a fact you're wrong, and that your lack of knowledge regarding the MSL mission is frightening.

You know for a fact ? LOL
the rover didnt even land yet

so now you can predict the futur ?
whos lacking of knowledge now ..

im only making speculations and food for thoughs here
calm down and try to contribute with what might happen tonight
what we might see when the images are back from the rover
is what interest me the most
edit on 8/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

The first image returned from MSL will be a tiny low-resolution thumbnail image of the ground behind it from the rear haz cam. The second picture will be a tiny low-resolution thumbnail image of the ground in front of it from the front hazcam.

These images will be of very low quality (at first) and would not show much detail. There is a good chance the first image won't be seen for at least 2 hours after landing. Curiosity will be on the side of Mars facing away from earth at landing, so it will be up to a satellite in orbit around Mars (the Mars Odyssey Orbiter, in orbit since 2001) to receive the first image and relay it back to earth.

However, that first image is sceduled to be taken at 4 minutes after landing. At about that same time, Mars Odyssey may be moving over the horizon from the landing site and would not be able to receive the image data for another 2 hours after that (on its next pass over the site).

On top of all that, there is a chance that the Mars Odyssey Orbiter may not be in position at all to receive any information from Curiosity, due to old-age problems with Mars Odyssey (being 11 years old). Mars Odyssey has its share of issues that may keep it from being in the right position to receive and relay data. In that case, NASA would use other mars orbiters -- the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter or Mars Express.

Both of those orbiters can do the job, but they do it differently that Mars Odyssey. Mars Odyssey has a UHF antenna that lets it directly stream the info received from Curiosity at a high rate. The other orbiters first record the information, then send it back bit by bit using a slower process. However, NASA is relatively confident that the Mars Odyssey will be where it needs to be at the right time.

The bottom line of all of this that you shouldn't expect a picture tonight of the Martian landscape around the rover (one with enough detail to be suitable for "disclosure"). The best pictures we will get tonight will be low-res pictures of the ground directly in front of and behind the rover.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Looking forward to the announcement. Should it not be out, yet? Anybody?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
reply to post by Ben81

I know for a fact you're wrong, and that your lack of knowledge regarding the MSL mission is frightening.

You know for a fact ? LOL
the rover didnt even land yet

so now you can predict the futur ?
whos lacking of knowledge now ..

im only making speculations and food for thoughs here
calm down and try to contribute with what might happen tonight
what we might see when the images are back from the rover
is what interest me the most

Food for thought?

You're gonna see rocks on mars....

And MUFON has NOTHING new to reveal....

God reality is so stale...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackHill

Originally posted by NightFlight
On the NASA TV channel they showed the 7 minutes of terror animation just before the rover Curiosity touches down. One of the engineers stated that if the landing is successful, the rover will be showing live pictures 30 minutes after the safe touchdown. The touchdown is at 1:31 am EDT, 6 August 2012, and the first pictures, if landing is successful, will be transmitted at 2:01 am, thirty minutes later. We won't see them until the signals are received 14 minutes later at 2:15 am, and then after they have been processed by NASA, another 15 to 30 minutes.
So maybe by 3:00 am Monday morning will we have any images.

That is if the rover, Curiosity, lands successfully...

Is that new rover getting the same magic technology that allow selective and precise cleaning of martian dust too?

I hear ya
, but this rover doesn't have solar panels. Instead, it has an on board nuclear power supply. The engineers were ecstatic about that and stated the rover won't be hampered by nightfall or low horizon sunlight as before.

I always thought it was the gnome on "those" commercials that kept them clean.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

sublimecraft, i read your earlier post about mufon,and the ' news' they were gonna release at 4:30 today.
i visited their sight via your link,but i just seen what you posted.
i did a search for more info,with their site and others,but ive come up with nothing.
it is 8:30 pm now,and i have heard nothing!
if you have heard anything,or have different links about this,could you please let me know.
that would be great!

thanx for any help.
pece

refcul

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthFazer

And so are Star Trek conventions "relevant" Ever been to a MUFON convention? Very little.difference

Have a good day. I don't need debate with disingenuous clowns.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

interesting because i rememeber taking robert deniros words from him on the tonight show in cali while watching and living in florida! I sent NBC an email asking if they could find the episode from 05' or 06' . I was watching the tonight show and decided to pull a Bruce almighty where he took dave carrell words and made it to where he couldn't speak on the news, but i did this on the Jay Leno show, and sure enough when i focused my energy on him when he was about to speak to Leno he couldn't as if he could feel me keeping him from speaking, kind of like the Matrix too when the agents made it to where Neo couldn't speak, So robert tried for about 5 seconds of mummbling his words unable to get out what he wanted, then he turned to the camera as if he was looking at me and says,"You took my words from me!" That's when I knew My mental abilities do work! So I can only come to a census on why these UFO things are quickly getting out.

I've had two Ufo encounters back around the same time I did this to DENiro, and posted one of them on MUFON!
A year or two later I was trying to sleep and burn of energy to fall asleep by swinging my foot back and forth. I kept my house completely dark because any light whatsoever keeps me from falling asleep. So i'm lying there in my bed swinging my foot almost asleep but still swinging my foot, therefore im not asleep if my foot is still moving.
When something enters my mind, probably through telepathy because i usuallly can do the same thing with my mind by using a form of telepathy to imprint images thought or ideas into other peoples heads, i've been studying this # for years and even had friends tell me to stop using my abilities because it #s with them, but something enters my mind and tells me to swing my foot real far to the right, i was swinging my right foot from the beginning, so i do, i swing my foot further than i was swinging it before when i realize my foot just tapped something, What did my foot touch?
What would come to me and show me this or telepathically tell me to swing my foot so that I touched it , to let me know someone or thing is there?
Since I grew up in the military since the age of two, everything is understandable and there is a deeper project going on around you all that you don't even know or have understanding of!
I've known about the beginning of my abilities since grade 3 when a dream i had told me what would happen the next day, and my mother knows about it, because I told her what her surprise was the next day before she could even tell me!
I shook George Herbert Bush's hand back in 82' at Nellis AFB when he was the director for the CIA and he shook my hand and asked me, "Do you know why you are here?"
"YES, Yes I do believe i've known why i was here and so many have been treating me like # and walking all over my lord and I for so long that I believe he is pissed at the world for it and is getting back at those that deserve it! I believe he knows how pissed I've been for all the constant # and abuse that just doesn't cease in this world.
Hell i noticed a preacher telling the story of how a madman lived in a town where he was against thousands and I chose the side of the madman to help and wished death on thousands, then the next day 9-11 happened. I believe the Muslim world knew the hate i had because i felt like that madman!
The the day before fukushima i had said something that dealt with a tsunami the day before Japan got hit by the big one!
So I have been believing all along and have seen signs from the beginning and almost on a daily basis, have you?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

According to ninemsn.com.au the landing is due at 1.30pm Western Australia time. It is currently 8.40am so in a little under 5 hours time from this post.

Livelink.............

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I've read all of these posts...and have been searching online...to no avail.
What was 'The Second Revelation'? (sounds like the title of a cheesy thriller novel).

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The "Major" announcement has apparently just been released,
though it doesn't seem all that groundbreaking.

The Examiner

...Harry Drew took the podium in Covington, Ky., explaining he is convinced he has located two sites where alien craft landed or crashed in 1953. The sites are in the vicinity of Kingman, Ariz. Drew explained he believes the craft were brought down by triangulated radar running at boosted power to extend range. According to Drew, military personnel quickly retrieved and cleaned up the wreckage. The archaeologist and historian apparently included photos of the sites in his presentation, as well as presented information contradicting past accounts of the case and alleged crashes.

edit on 5-8-2012 by themajesticm00se because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by themajesticm00se

The Examiner

...Harry Drew took the podium in Covington, Ky., explaining he is convinced he has located two sites where alien craft landed or crashed in 1953. The sites are in the vicinity of Kingman, Ariz. Drew explained he believes the craft were brought down by triangulated radar running at boosted power to extend range. According to Drew, military personnel quickly retrieved and cleaned up the wreckage. The archaeologist and historian apparently included photos of the sites in his presentation, as well as presented information contradicting past accounts of the case and alleged crashes.

Oh.
Groundbreaking? Really?
Well, at least we still have the curiosity mars landing tonight!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Blockbuster..... sure!
You too can see the blockbuster if you buy this DVD for just 29.99!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by themajesticm00se

What complete BS.

DAMN IT! I was hoping for something truly exciting.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

The Examiner

Am I the only one who finds it absolutely laughable, that all these people who are supposedly, "in the know", keep hitting us with these same pathetic, worn out excuses to "explain" how the alien crafts crash. These are supposedly beings of higher intellect, enabling them to fly inter-stellar distances, and yet their aircraft will crash from being hit by ordinary electromagnetic frequencies used for radar by a civilization that has relatively primitive technology.

Who in their right mind believes this stuff? This is almost as bad as some of the crappy explanations provided by the worst debunkers.

Yes, at least we have Curiosity to look forward to. I wasn't expecting much from MUFON, but this is just pathetic!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

It might be an odd glitch in the stream, or a subtle editing error -

but the live feed will be hard even for the most advanced govt agency

to perfectly thwart. The first couple of minutes of descent will be LIVE.

Anything left out, will be just like the 13 hours of static on Jody Foster's

video in the movie Contact - "very interesting"...
edit on 8/5/2012 by drphilxr because: italics, syntacs

edit on 8/5/2012 by drphilxr because: syntax - and spelling!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The Examiner

A site landing/crash? This planet is riddled with those. Unless there's concrete tangible evidence this was a lame attempt at publicity.
Now I remember why I'm a former member of their organization.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I thought this was the most intriguing part of the Examiner article:

MUFON Pennsylvania State Director John Ventre, reacting by telephone just minutes after the announcement, said MacDonald touched on just some of the written evidence compiled by Stringfield.

“In those 60 volumes we have government interference, the FBI and CIA stopping the ufologists at any cost,” Ventre said. “He names Donald Rumbsfeld and President Ford as being briefed on UFOs by J. Allen Hynek. He talks about UFO investigators being beaten or receiving death threats. He names heads of state that knew. He even has actor Jackie Gleason’s contact information in there. There is a lot of explosive information in there.” Media stories from the past suggested that President Nixon had shown Gleason an actual alien body. Ventre said that MUFON plans to digitize the files and make them available to researchers in the future.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

People dont get it yet

The Disclosure is tonight when the Mars Rover land
we will have live feed with clear image from a big very advanced rover

The time of disclosure is indeed happening

people though that thousand of ships would be visible in the sky
an alien warning that if the government dont disclosure .. they will come

the meeting was discussing what exactly they will do
where will they drive the rover .. directly on the face of mars ?

apparently there is a big colony of reptilian on Mars
they are the one helping the mad elites
i think we will have a big show tonight .. it will be better then in 69
no one landed on the moon because they were stricktly denied to land
look at my signature from Carpenter to understand

Now the image will be REAL and FROM MARS

im quite excited for tonight .. have a good show everyone

It's funny you say that I asked the same question in my thread about why they used the all seeing eye on there NASA website slide show of the mission while everyone looks earthward they show us from above

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join