It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF NASA has $1 all seeing eye in middle of new mars mission pics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke

Originally posted by jaffer44
I agree and that is why I asked to see the pics in her books that she offered to post

I slammed the first book I found on my shelf this morning onto a scanner. I hadn't had coffee so it is squinty. Enjoy it.

Also attached links to microscope blogs/manufacturers which do the similar examples. Often you will find examples focus in on the left side of the note. I imagine this is because we read left to right, and just choose the largest piece of image or symbolism from around that area.

There are also many forensic examples from processing moire patterns and finger prints. The below is from a visual effects book, however.

Microscope Link 1

Microscope Link 2

Side note: I flipped through some of my forensics books and they tend to focus on the edges of the bank notes but this is because that's generally where finger prints are. Very few people grab a bank note in the centre.

edit on 5-8-2012 by Pinke because: Side note

Thank you for taking the time to scan and show me unfortunately it does not confirm that they like to use the erea of the note to show how good the photography is.
You say this is from a book about forensics and looking for finger prints ?
It would make sence to take a pic of the note because it's in context with finger printing.
As I said before I can think I've many other items they could have used that we're in context with the mission.
Don't get my wrong your theory on why they used the bill was good and has me searching the net looking for exemples you used earlier.
And thanks again for putting in the effort. But for now I'm still not so sure.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaffer44
Thank you for taking the time to scan and show me unfortunately it does not confirm that they like to use the erea of the note to show how good the photography is.

It's usually a point of zoom or detail with a picture in it and is normally around the left side of the note. I don't really see using the picture of the all seeing eye that different from my VFX book using the image on that note. American currency isn't always used.

You say this is from a book about forensics and looking for finger prints ?

Negative. It's from a visual effects book. Signal/image processing books have similar examples and, though I can't say exactly how prevelant it is, I read quite a few image processing books and it's not abnormal to me.

I delibrately didn't look in my forensics books since they regularly have currency in them in context of moire pattern processing. The microscope links also show zooming in on particular imagery of currency to show detail. Just included the forensics reference for trivia.

Is I said before I can think I've many other items they could have used that we're in context with the mission.

Most of the other examples are things like kodak girl, photograph man, and things like animals or cell structures/crystal lattice etc ... There is also a bus image that people like John Russ use an awful lot. Parrots get a bit of photograph time since they show RGB values.

There are some image processing tutorials that use shots of planets or astrophotography but those tend to be in the context of pullling out information for scientific purposes not as an example of image quality. NASA, in this case, likely wanted a terrestrial example that most people could recognise. I think currency is a not bad go to in this context. (especially since they were photographing something 3 meters away as an example and also provided terrestrial examples of curiousity photographying rocks)

edit on 6-8-2012 by Pinke because: Especially since

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I call swamp gas coming from cock pump!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

thanks again for your efforts and explitnations I can see were you are coming and you may be right.
But as a middle age person who woke up to the lies late in life I have learnt to read between the lines and look carefuly.
As you wrote there are other exemples they use to show quality of pics other then money let alone the zoomed in pic of the eye.
My questions about NASA mars and space i have run a lot deeper then just that pic I am searching for answers you have showd me not to rely one the piece of the puzzle

By the way congrates to NASA mission well done

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jaffer44

Relevant post mate, they had the whole note, 2 sides to choose but they decided to use the pyramid and the all seeing eye. I bet they're laughing their asses off while reading your post and our comments. If that's the case and you tools are reading this. Give us some decent photos to look at and don't photo - shop them. We're all bored with that.Time for disclosure.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Based on this image they had two pictures to choose from making it a 50/50. Was always going to be either the eagle (as in one of my other examples) or the all seeing eye. The rest of the image is pattern based and lacking in useful unique picture detail.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
If I was at NASA and thinking about what would rile up a bunch of ATS'ers, I'd have taken that photo too. I'd being splitting my sides reading all these comments.

Man, I have to start coming up with stuff of my own or this site, that would be more entertaining than just reading other stuff

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
If I was at NASA and thinking about what would rile up a bunch of ATS'ers, I'd have taken that photo too. I'd being splitting my sides reading all these comments.

Man, I have to start coming up with stuff of my own or this site, that would be more entertaining than just reading other stuff

Couldn't agree more. If I was working at NASA this is exactly what I would do. I would also lay the dollar bill on the pages of a book about translated mayan text with 2012 clearly visible. Of course I would ensure It had several photoshop layers as well....might even edit the EXIF date-times to say 21-dec-2012. In fact you could have wonderful time with the EXIF data if you want wind people up.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I usually am the last person to buy into these grand conspiracies but this is pretty interesting. Not the fact that they used an image using a dollar bill for an example of color and clarity that the camera has but the fact that they deliberately centered on the eye.

Most likely someone has a sense of humor of there at NASA, and that person is probably being reamed out for stoking the flames of conspiracy theorists. But you never know...
edit on 8/6/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well.. my first post here but I thought I would throw this pic on this thread (for humor sake). Please be gentle...

twitter.com...

Anyway... I noticed it when the first 256x256 pics came in. Strange but I think we should wait for the mast to be deployed and color HD pictures come in.

Though it looks fuzzy I think it resembles more the top of a Mayan temple than the all seeing eye pyramid. I could let my imagination run wild and form all sorts of fantastic things.

My guess is a big rock that landed there after it was blasted in the "air" from the impact. After all... Curiosity is inside a crater.

Just my 2 cents though it would be really fantastic if it was a Mayan pyramid lol.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshireladCouldn't agree more. If I was working at NASA this is exactly what I would do. I would also lay the dollar bill on the pages of a book about translated mayan text with 2012 clearly visible. Of course I would ensure It had several photoshop layers as well....might even edit the EXIF date-times to say 21-dec-2012. In fact you could have wonderful time with the EXIF data if you want wind people up.

Wasting taxpayer dollars on such frivolous nonsense. You two would be great fit working for such a bloated, bureaucratic government agency that should have been scrapped long ago.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Has anyone been keeping up with the misson ?
Think its strange that we have only recieved 2 black and whit e pics ?
I got up this morning all exicted thinking I'd get to see some nice clear couloured pics put have found that we only have higher res black and whaite pics of what was sent back yesterday.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I got up this morning all exicted thinking I'd get to see some nice clear couloured pics

You thought wrong. There is a lot of "housekeeping" to be done before the color cameras are deployed.
As has been explained, and explained, and explained.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kocag
I also find it interesting that they are saying that were not going to be getting fuzzy pictures in one color like we normally get from them.

Thats all we seem to have so far lmao

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I got up this morning all exicted thinking I'd get to see some nice clear couloured pics

You thought wrong. There is a lot of "housekeeping" to be done before the color cameras are deployed.
As has been explained, and explained, and explained.

Thanks for that have they given any indication on when we may start seeing some good pics ?
I only have an IPhone and my eyes are not what they once were lol

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Probably a day or two.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

thanks I am looking foward to seeing that blue sky of mars woohoo.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

And if it's a butterscotch colored sky are you going to claim that the images are altered?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
only if NASA stuff up and leaves the colour guide in the pic or the rover in the pic doesnt look the correct colour then yes I will question it

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
you can show me were sand dunes can be blown into pyramids ?
Not being sarcastic here just is another question that I have trouble exepting there explanation

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join