It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Bibles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Now I have got a few old bibles , including one which has got a significant difference about it . I heard of one whch had been lost from the Oxford Bodliean Library , and they were offering money to get it back . Apparently it was unique . I wonder if its the one I've got ? For one thing it is now in tatters when it used to be in reasonabl condition with the gold edged leaf . It s been well read and well brandished at folk . Its simply leather bound with a few pressed endorsements on the covers , and gold writing saying Holy Bible . It was produced in 1888 or 66 if I remember rightly .
So I am wondering while I might just collect a few more , how valuable do we think they are ? Old bibles , the nice King James variety are hard to get . Theres only a few places to find them for sale . Perhaps this is of interest to people , that a hard copy , particularly ones from some time ago is one thing to have and to keep hold of . For the sake of having one to read , if nothing else at all . Modern translations can be overwritten with a persons particular pc , or a groups rhetoricals . Whereas a hard copy is not something which can alter , doesnt need power , only light , to be read .
The genuity of old bibles is something hard to match . They represent actions which have been undertaken , which cannot further be undone . The actual age is irrelevant , but the age of the type is where the value is .
How much should old copies be passed on for ? Guesses in dollars or pounds are welcome. The next one I buy I will put down how much I paid for it and what it is like/analysed via google

Has anyone got old bibles and how old are they

edit on 4-8-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

How much should old copies be passed on for ? Guesses in dollars or pounds are welcome.

Different bibles have different values. But most don't fetch much, unless they are exceptionally rare, as well as old. I have a lectern size hardback from the mid-1800's. But I doubt it has any real value except to a collector who may be looking for one like it.

Check eBay for a good idea of bible values.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

One way to know if your bible is an original or a fake is by taking "the fruits" test. All bibles in Rev. 22:1&2 speak of
"a fruit for every month". We know there are twelve months in a year in our Gregorian calendar as well as even in the Scriptures. So there are Twelve Fruits. Now if you go to Gal. 5:22&23 in most if not all bibles you will find the fruits of the Sprit itemized. Most bibles show 9 Fruits in there scriptures. Of those 9 Fruits there are three of them that are repeated showing actually 6 unique and separate fruits. This is half the amount of Twelve Fruits Revelations speaks of.

GalatiYAns 5:22&23 -
But the fruit of the RUWach is love, joy, peace, purpose, persistence, goodness, faith,
humility, discipline, wisdom, knowledge and truthfulness. Against these, there is nothing against them in The Word of YAHUWAH.

Notice the last three Fruits....

Now I know that nobody here will appreciate this information save maybe 1 person out of the masses and so thats why it is here... If you open the logic side of your thought process and remove the control of the church you will at least admit that this is very intriguing. You know there is only one Bible that has these Twelve Fruits and it is a sign for those with eyes to see and ears to hear....

Be blessed and be a blessing!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If it looks anything like this Gutenberg Bible might want to hang on to it as it is worth over $5,000,000:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

There is enough in your post to make two fruitcakes - one for me and one for you .
I'll check inebay and my version too .
It'd be a beautiful thing to find them itemised

Any difference s in the revelation would be fascinating

top topics

join