It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is interesting...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I am not wishing this to be true but I do believe that ATS is filtering who sees what in the "new topics" section. Here is why:

I was browsing ATS one day and, as I usually do, I became up to date on the most current threads in the New Topics section. Immediately I went to a friends' house who also had ATS loaded and was reading some older thread concerning HAARP, I believe. I then told him that he needs to check out a few of the latest ones and when he went to New Topics, to my surprise, all of the most "current" threads (on the left-hand panel) were all different. He even had threads that were apparently 47mins old that were not on my version of the website.

[additional note]: It took me less than 3 minutes to get to his house by foot

What do you guys think? I call a conspiracy and it might involve google tracking , IDK...
edit on 4-8-2012 by BoyMeetsWorldATS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I read somewhere that google tracking will prioritize different topics based on one's history. The example was to click in a subject, say dogs, and then google the same thing at a different computer/location and something different will come up. Maybe the same algorithms are at work here. I just wonder if it is ATS or Google? Me thinks Google.
I tried it with the word suspicious, and on my computer, conspiracy stuff came to the top, and on my neighbors, no conspiracy stuff came up, but rather it was crime stories and various defintions.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BoyMeetsWorldATS

Easy to prove or disprove.

Coordinate several users to screen print the page and post here.

I doubt it will prove true.
edit on 4-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Google is a separate matter.

I'm pretty sure the current topics page is homegrown.

edit on 4-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Google tracking is not tied into ATS new topics at all?

ETA: Snapshot of my current new topics page 1:10

edit on 4-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I don't think so.

Frankly, I'd be pretty irritated if it was.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Theres a number of ways to test your theory , those would be up to you .
What I have found is that if you sign out , you can get to very recently created material. Another option may be to refresh the page , or use the rss feed option as well as new topics . My ats updates when it should .
If anyones got any secrets about how to see in real time , we'd be glad to know them .
Now I remember, try chat as you get a live feed, if its in order

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I didn't realize you edited your post. Try again.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Hmmm. I wonder why you have the "My Hero" thread, and I do not???

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Looks the same to me eh?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Yes, for the most part, but we have different TOP threads.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ha love this stuff here what a mad place

Somehow the are you guilty thread got 404'd , a great op as well , now its gone . wtf love it

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by loam

Google tracking is not tied into ATS new topics at all?
ETA: Snapshot of my current new topics page 12:42

There it was an now its not . Real time, raa

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Yea we would have to coordinate an effort for simultaneous screenshots for comparison. Say at 1:10, we all capture shots and post. I will put mine in my previous post. After that, I'm going fishing yo, it's too nice out!

ETA: Or not.....

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I've pondered the same thought OP.

Although I sharn't go into why.

ATS politics gets messy.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
As a developer i think what you were seeing was a cache and not the live stream. Sometimes cache isn't cleared correctly or it hasn't happened yet. I know ATS refreshes it fairly often, like every minute or two so that's what may have happened. New topics seem to be sorted by newest, not by your interest. Also, Google Analytics doesn't allow you to use their data on a live basis for your own code. If you wanted to do that, you could just create your own view code starting with ++i.

I honestly don't see a conspiracy in this, just a technical error I believe. To verify this, I will do just that with a different computer connected to a wireless network that isn't mine and see if it's different (I'm not signed in in that computer).

They are the same thing and I've never used ATS on that computer. Let me try 3 different browsers on both computers... Looks exactly the same here too.

Sorry, but I can't replicate the bug that you're trying to suggest. Perhaps it really was a cache problem (like a tab that was not active a long time ago or something).

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

REMINDER:
20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

edit on August 21st 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Never mind the ads , none of the users here could care less about the ads . What I'd like to know is where did that thread go ?
The one quoted above called 'are you guilty - says who ? '

It lasted 3-4 mins max , and was 404d then gone by the time id gone to reply.
Can you tell us here what happened to it .
We couldnt care less about the ads - but if we are getting messed around , then we do care , and have the means to care too.
You dont go fishing without your nets coming back smellin fishy - know what i mean?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join