It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1933.. funny newpaper items and advderts - Perth Sunday Times.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I get really trapped reading old newspapers to see how times have really changed... some things have changed in leaps and bounds, while others remain the exact same..

I thought these were either interesting or funny for the time..

Children just won't grow? Why not give them a cookie! Oo

He Loves Belinda...Even if she is 35!

I'm in no hurry either

*hic*

Who knew? All this time I've just been...

Well, at least it's not a fly! oO

A crossword... a CROSSWORD.. How things have changed. Imagine they had Soduku back then!

Ladies... What is wrong with you! Walk properly damn it !!!!

If only it worked... *runs away and hides*

I don't know why, but this just made me chuckle.. One Legged Dryblow. lol

Now mothers to be, there is no excuse for bad parenting. You're just not Drunk enough!!!

This one has my heart a flutter. Sadly they stopped making Swan Stout a while ago.

Coffee and a ciggy. Then a healthy chewable Wrigleys gum to take the edge off! Insanity lol

When I am Ten... You'll be gay!

Aww cute.. He's 80 today somewhere, if he's made it after being in the paper at 1 year old.. Mr Bruce of Nedlands.

Just an old pic, the Balmoral hotel in Vic Park just after completion in 1933.

As it is today..

Newspaper House on St. Georges tce in Perth, 1933.

As it is today..

And how things have changed... even in 1933, they had "Back in the good old day" yarns.. lol

Too many nostalgic thoughts from the Sunday Times 1933.. ahh..

edit on 4-8-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
As I was going through through your post, I remember the Sunday Times fondly although many years later than the one you show. I was almost expecting to see a "Bex" advertisement . Maybe they came along later. Thanks for sharing from my home state.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Happeetaz

Haha yes, I have seen Bex adverts in more recent papers (archives) and my old mum used to almost live on the stuff.

All the 1933 had was Aspro - the non doping pain reliever. lol

Seeing so many names it's a shame that I can't find out more about them today. A 16 year old girl who fell off her horse and spent the night in the bush, managed to mount her horse the next day and fainted before being found was in a few articles. But she'd be 90+ now if even still alive.

It's really odd to reach out and touch a time so long ago by reading the articles... and be so far removed from them that they become nothing more than words on a screen... Though I do like to load up google earth and look at places where decent photographs were taken, New Norcia for instance, when the church and hotel were just build, looking at the land now they're actually less buildings there than there was in 1933.

I could read these all day long.. well I have today lol

new topics

join