It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the U.S. we don't learn about the people who cultured this land for thousands of yrs, why?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

Also as I stated before how is it well known just some are oblivious to all these different people and there ways of life? Show me some studies done by multiple agencies, show me alphabets and religion, show me your high school social studies book and lets look these subjects up. OH WAIT, there's nothing in there huh?

Weird, you must have went to a different school than most. Also there are small independent studies and theories as i stated before, these are largely out dated and un collaborated studies, no mass inter agency research teams etc. come on

Again what are you contributing, thats not the point of this thread. You said nothing to the contrary except other threads are about that.

Cool, suggest you get real.
edit on 4-8-2012 by Silo4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Education system must have really gone down the crapper since I graduated. (because they did teach about Native Americans when I went to school)

reply to post by Silo4

Yes, yes, I know - Imperialistic America is suppressing knowledge of Native Indians, except for the little fact of the internet. The knowledge is there, perhaps not to the extent that you would like, but there is plenty of information that one can learn. If you want to know more, perhaps you people like you should donate to research in Native American studies. Why do you have to sit and wait for the government to do it for you?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

This is why i pay taxes for research etc, Don't give me that garbage. And yea there's the internet with a couple lame duck studies done independently, if that's sufficient history for you, and a sufficient answer to why you didn't learn anything about it in school neither will your kids or grand kids, then more power to you. Deny ignorance

Yea, they taught me too, about Pocahontas, thanksgiving, trading tobacco, maybe a couple hundred years into the past of native americans thats it. You do realsize that's maybe 600 yrs of Americas past you learn.

These people date back to 13,000 thousand years. Go ahead let us know what you've learned in school about these people

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silo4

These people date back to 13,000 thousand years. Go ahead let us know what you've learned in school about these people

That's not fair. Didn't they just come out with this info? So we should build a time machine and inject this knowledge into everyone's past schooling? Some cavemen have been found and you think that all text books should be seized and curriculum changed to reflect this minor discovery? You seem to equate 13,000 with 13,000 years of science and cultural development. These people did not develop. They had stone stone tools and went to the bathroom where they lived. That's pretty much all we know about them. There is no vast empire, no hidden knowledge, no mysteries of the universe here. Just poop in a cave.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foundryman

That's not fair. Didn't they just come out with this info? So we should build a time machine and inject this knowledge into everyone's past schooling? Some cavemen have been found and you think that all text books should be seized and curriculum changed to reflect this minor discovery? You seem to equate 13,000 with 13,000 years of science and cultural development. These people did not develop. They had stone stone tools and went to the bathroom where they lived. That's pretty much all we know about them. There is no vast empire, no hidden knowledge, no mysteries of the universe here. Just poop in a cave.

Ok we can stop saying 13,000 years and say 12,000 because we've known about clovis culture since the 1920s. and the mounds that were built1000 years before the pyramids here were written about in 1848. That research in 1848 is the Most complete and referenced study of the mounds......... That's pathetic.

there's no excuse

Also its only poop in a cave because nothing else is known, due to no research..... You cannot say these people had no knowledge no tradition no anything, you dont know that either do i............ And in previous post i make it clear these people were around 9,000 years before we the first written language, mathematics, religion and tradition.

Don't imply I don't know something so basic without reading what ive said

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure no one can confidently say they are happy with the amount of confirmed evidence and understanding of the history of our land.

Thats the whole point and i think it'd be nice to get a petition rolling around the web and maybe get some colleges to fund digs etc, that would be awesome, but i forgot we'd rather allocate the monetary requirements that would be involved to war or homeland security.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
In northwest BC theres a volcano that gave obsidian...the natives have used that thousands of years ago to trade with other natives...they travelled as far away from BC Canada as florida i beklieve...they were called the Carrier indians because of their trade.....the Obsidian is found all over North America that they brought to trade long ago.....
The Smithsonian institute is guilty of covering up past cevilisations in North America as well...they looterd and dynamited the caves of ancient giant sized humans in the grand canyon in the 30s.....they took the bodies and blew up the caves and nobody has seen them since.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Silo4

These people were most likely the forerunners to the "Native Americans" or "Indians", however you refer to them. During the european discovery and colonization of the Americas, indiginous populations were far greater than what we are taught in most American public schools. These days the commonly accepted number is somewhere in the ten millions.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

While he did use strong language you failed to argue his point. It's true there is very little known of any of these different ancient cultures, why? A few scientist here, few reports there, largely independent studies into our own land we've come to make great. How great was it before?

No real in depth scientific effort has been made by multiple agencies to discover, review, and un earth our lands ancient secrets.... This can be taken as fact imo so the question is why? Idc if its simple as a lack of funding or serious as a conspiracy but we should ask why and we should want to know.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Silo4 because: (no reason given)

Perhaps because Native American leaders tend to be very touchy about excavating anything that happened before Europeans came here. If it was here before Europeans, it was their "ancestors" and is subject to their cultural sensitivities.

ETA: i have often wondered if there isn't a feeling in the cultural values of the majority of Native Americans that reviles anything that challenges their history, which is mostly stories told via word of mouth.
edit on 4-8-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cypruswolf

Also, its not like the Native Americans didn't do the same thing between tribes over resources and territory. The europeans coming in were just more effective at it

Quite true, most of the "plains" tribes were barely out of the stone age and in an almost continuous state of war with their neighbors. What i find curious about the native american tribes is in theory they migrated from west to east, why were the eastern tribes more civilized than the plains tribes.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
Cultural imperialism is still prevalent.

Why would you give credence to a culture that runs counter to the very culture advanced capitalism thrusts upon us.

Doesn't make good business sense to promote cultures that advocated a harmony with nature and taking only what you need. Or promoting a unified family structure. You need to fracture the populous, so each generation finds it more and more difficult to relate to the next - as this creates new markets to exploit.

Well said. I was going to post something similar. So my simple answer to the OP's question...

Because they have to maintain the illusion that capitalism is growth and prosperity, rather than boom and bust as it really is.

(Off topic I know but...)
How interesting that we are now waking up to this problem with western economies. This weeks new scientist had an analysis of economic imbalances. They have studied these things over many cultures right back from the dawn of civilisation in order to determine what the nature of economic imbalance is and how it fits in with human survival. The results are damning and a must read for everyone. The psychological pursuit of wealth is jaw dropping and proof that we MUST and CAN do something about it and the rich can moan and complain and go to hell!

Not that you need to read the New Scientist to realise that there is something very very wrong with our current economies.

If you want to continue with your beliefs in NWO and all that world dominance and population control nonsense DO NOT READ THE ARTICLE.

www.newscientist.com...

I have warned you, stay ignorant DO NOT READ.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join