It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress, with much left to do, takes 5 Week Off

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Congress, with much left to do, takes 5 Week Off

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — After a final day of partisan battles over drought relief and cybersecurity, Congress has departed for five weeks of vacation and prospects of a fall fraught with decisions on the political and economic future of the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
$9,000,000,000,000 MISSING From The Federal Reserve .. Shocking Footage !

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Their timing couldnt be more obvious
why now just before the 4 of august

They think they diserve a vacation
i have to fight my employer last yrs to have at least 2 weeks off

Why would the entire congress go in a 5 weeks vacation while the country is suffering from one of the worst drought in a century

Are they running to their underground cities before the alien show up or before the big war with Iran start
the UN just voted today after Kofi Annan quit his mediator role
to take action on Syria

Most lawmakers are headed home to make their party's case for who should be entitled to tax cuts, how the government should avoid automatic cuts to defense and domestic programs and who should be the next president.

Many will drop by the Republican and Democratic presidential conventions in Tampa, Fla., and Charlotte, N.C., respectively.

Their last day saw lawmakers fall short in finding agreement on two pressing problems: how to help livestock producers suffering from the widespread drought and how to protect critical industries from cyberattacks launched by terrorists or other enemies.

Its time the entire congress get replaced by real hardworking Americans who realise there is no time for vacation especially now .. this country needs a fresh start
with people that think american first second and third in the priority list

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Look at it this way, if they are on vacation, they do less damage.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If we could get them to take a vacation and never come back, THAT would be great. As it stands this is pretty much status quo. Why do they care if they have stuff left to do or if the country is falling apart? They don't live amongst us lowly people, so they don't care. Out of sight...out of mind.

When their coffers are in danger, the vacations will stop.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The United States congress is worthless, they accomplish nothing but they gladly take in those 100k paychecks. This is a crucial time for America and for the American people, and these bozos just decide to take a vacation?

We elect these people to represent us, and we pay them with our taxes. We should be able to fire them.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Look at it this way, if they are on vacation, they do less damage.

lol thats true .. but they stlll have power even during their vacation
how much do you think they receive when they are on vacation
big bonus and the same amount directly from the tax payer money
made to repair the roads and build parks for childrens in poor neightborhoods

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Everyday congress is out is an extra day of liberty

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
hummmmm.......Could be getting out of dodge because they think barry will pull the martial law button.

Or they just got dividends bonus checks and going to go cash and splurge.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is appalling.. BBC parliament (TV channel which broadcasts current political debates in the house of commons) have also stopped broadcasting.

The MSM are focused mostly on the Olympics and spreading Syria based propaganda.. it worries me this lull. Quiet before the storm?...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

After a final day of partisan battles over drought relief and cybersecurity, Congress has departed for five weeks of vacation and prospects of a fall fraught with decisions on the political and economic future of the country.

What the hell drought relief? maybe the EPA should loosen regulations, and stop water routes to much of this country.

Or the fact that farmers are guaranteed either by insurance or argriculture subsidies whether or not they even grow anything.

Cybersecurity like the NDAA,acta,Sopa was enough really must have worn them out.

The most worthless group of people in this country is the us congress how about them all doing us a favor and just stay on vacation.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

It's hard work screwing so many people on such a regular basis. Sometimes you just gotta take a break, don't hate.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
hummmmm.......Could be getting out of dodge because they think barry will pull the martial law button.

Or they just got dividends bonus checks and going to go cash and splurge.

or....it could be that this is always the time they recess. Interestingly , though. They seem to be more effective when they are not in session.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I would suggest keeping the gas tank full and setting a bob near the door just in case.
It's 110 degrees in Oklahoma City today with NO rain in the long term forecast AND a state of emergency in effect.
In my area nobody has used a lawnmower in over a month and the today's high temperature was 12 degrees over the forecast.
No rain means no crops and less oxygen in the water so no fish. The entire ecosystem is at critical mass so it's a perfect time to let go of the wheel and take some time off.
We have 5 weeks to find a locksmith and have all the locks changed so these morons can't get back in and make things worse.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
I would suggest keeping the gas tank full and setting a bob near the door just in case.
It's 110 degrees in Oklahoma City today with NO rain in the long term forecast AND a state of emergency in effect.
In my area nobody has used a lawnmower in over a month and the today's high temperature was 12 degrees over the forecast.
No rain means no crops and less oxygen in the water so no fish. The entire ecosystem is at critical mass so it's a perfect time to let go of the wheel and take some time off.
We have 5 weeks to find a locksmith and have all the locks changed so these morons can't get back in and make things worse.

Same thing here in Canada .. its it extremely hot in Quebec around 110 degrees to
we had almost no snow during the winter

the signs were all there but people didnt listen
they think its a normal heat waves and will pass and cool off soon

edit on 8/3/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
House Democrats voted not to adjourn. House Republicans voted to go on vacation. Left in limbo is the farm bill.

Over the holiday break this year, House Democrats took to the empty House floor on a Friday morning to hammer home that they are in Washington to work on extensions of the payroll-tax holiday and unemployment benefits - while Republicans were not.

But before they got too far, Republicans in control of the chamber shut off the microphones, the House was gaveled adjourned for the day, and C-SPAN TV was instructed to quit broadcasting the events. Democrats still believed they had made their point, even if Americans at home weren't permitted to see them doing it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Why would the entire congress go in a 5 weeks vacation while the country is suffering from one of the worst drought in a century

Were you hoping Congress would pass an act of legislation criminalizing the drought? It's been said in this thread all ready, but it cannot be overstated, the less time legislatures spend in office, the less the People have to worry about encroachments on their rights.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I can understand them taking 1 week off...but 5 weeks is too excessive in my opinion; considering all that is going on in the U.S. and the world right now. Many decisions need to be made now...not 5 or 6 weeks from now.

edit on 3-8-2012 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Ben81

I can understand them taking 1 week off...but 5 weeks is too excessive in my opinion; considering all that is going one in the U.S. and the world right now. Many decisions need to be made now...not 5 or 6 weeks from now.

Last yrs i worked the night big long shift
giving the best customer service i could gave to people
had to fight with my employer so i could have 1 week
then i try to get a second week .. it was approved then i was fired just before
and i was already under a fraudulant agency that place people
i had no advantage at all .. no sick days .. no night bonus .. cant accumulate any vacations

so far my last 3 place they fired hundred of people and the office got closed for "faillite"
i would have never imagine 15 yrs ago to be in that position
want to open my own shop .. but way to risky asking a bank for money
the american dream is an illusion ..the 99% work like slave
giving more then half the money you made in your life to the lazy elites
they must be laughing each day for their perfect stealing system they have created over decades

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Nice! Maybe they will come back with a solid moral compass!
Wait, that's too much to ask for. Five weeks? If anything it will amount to; wasting money, time- in dire need of help to fix the issues, and more time to think about ways to screw over the country with their banker friends.

Here's a tip congress: take a permanent vacation.
edit on 3-8-2012 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Exactly. What does it really matter if they take a vacation? It isn't like we will be able to tell the difference other than that laser like focus they have on abortion and my birth control choices.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join