It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guessing game, what's in the van? Strange convoy during 2012 Olympics.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tethane
As I have not responded to enough thread here I am unable to make a new topic but thought the following image would perhaps fit in here well. We have seen a lot of police presence in London (obviously) since the Olympics but no as much military as expected. This image was taken yesterday in back end of Torrens Street (Angel, Islington) from the office building next to it. Worrying!

That could be an old Scorpion tank, although hard to tell from above. You can tell it's old though by the state of it and the old Humvee next to it, which even has paint spilled in the back, probably from an old paint can. Funny that that image is taken right next door to a scrap metal merchant......

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Tethane
As I have not responded to enough thread here I am unable to make a new topic but thought the following image would perhaps fit in here well. We have seen a lot of police presence in London (obviously) since the Olympics but no as much military as expected. This image was taken yesterday in back end of Torrens Street (Angel, Islington) from the office building next to it. Worrying!

That could be an old Scorpion tank, although hard to tell from above. You can tell it's old though by the state of it and the old Humvee next to it, which even has paint spilled in the back, probably from an old paint can. Funny that that image is taken right next door to a scrap metal merchant......

Well I never! I did look on Google maps to make sure that I got the road right and didn't even notice the scrap metal merchant, seems like a hassle to take a tank to a scrap metal merchant in central London!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well i'm pretty sure its nothing too special. OH LOOK A MASSIVE A CONVOY. NOTHING GOING ON HERE. If it was anything they don't want us to know, a massive out of place convoy is not the way to go and royalty travels not in an old transit van :/

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tethane

You can buy surplus tanks (and many other military vehicles) relatively cheaply and the scrap value must be quite immense, given it is a large lump of metal. My dad has a friend who had one and he helped him get it "on the road", as my dad is former REME. It wouldn't be too much of hassle to transport, that's assuming it didn't get their under it's own steam. One could quite easily be transported on the back of a flat bed truck.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

My apologies, didn't mean to steal your thunder there mate...I honestly didn't see your reply.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tethane

Wow. A part of London with only a single yellow line parking restriction, and better, from the corner NO yellow line at all. Found me a free parking space at last.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

great minds think alike

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Any white Transit in the UK needs that much guarding otherwise the Pikeys will have it away before Brad Pitt can say "Where's me dag?"

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Olympic medals maybe?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Date in the video says June 29, 2012, not July. Which is right?
If it was June, wouldn’t that be a bit early for moving Olympic medals?
www.telegraph.co.uk...
Queen's diamonds go on show at Buckingham Palace
If it was June and not July, could the convey be moving some of the jewelry that was displayed for the Diamond Jubilee?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
..... in the van ? ..... i`d say - S.A.S -

Prince william was in the middle car.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2
oh, that's just the biologicals they are spreading for the global pandemic. It's slow incubating so nothing to worry about till the athletes get home to their countries. Carry on.

yup .......... EBOLA ......... bye bye peoples

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeEnglishArmy

Ebola is no threat to the world. It is hard to transmit and usually kills it's host before it has had a chance to really spread. Nearly all Ebola outbreaks get confined to a specific locality.

Unless of course they have married Ebola with Flu, but I am not even certain such a thing is possible..

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I found the tank

www.flickr.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

Well done! I am kicking myself now as when I was trying to work out what it was, I was going to say it was an Abbot or other small SP Artillery, but counted the wheels (as best you can from above!) and went for the Scorpion (or variant)..

Either way, you settled it matey, no conspiracy there... Good job

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

No problem, a search for the image came up blank so I moved on to a Google search and the keywords "Torrens Street Angel Islington Tank" got me that image.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I actually really love it when something turns out to be totally un sinister and have very much enjoyed ribbing my friend! I think my words were "You really should have gone downstairs and taken a photo!"

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

See, I tried that, with the same exact wording, but must have missed the image...

Again, good job and its stuff like this why I like ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join