It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nessie hunter snaps 'monster' after 26 year wait

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I wish him luck! It would be so cool if it is the....Monster!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It sounds like this guy has been at it too long for public reaction to matter that much in the end, so I tend to take this as legit. At least as he believes it to be. I just hope it wasn't someone else, knowing he was around somewhere and with his camera, playing a prank to screw with the old guy. That is an interesting image if that really is part of a creature.

Now, it would ring nessie's bell like the big one in Philadelphia, but has anyone ever considered somehow mounting modern Naval submarine sonar to some kind of a test bed just to survey the waters there?

If what I've heard and read about the cutting edge of Sub Sonar is correct, you almost get a picture clear enough to know if Nessie was pissed about the sound or not.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Pic was taken about 30 feet up...maybe his boat is a sea-plane....There is nothing in that photograph that proves anything...although it wont do his business any harm...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson69
reply to post by loam

26 years for that lousy photo....what a waste of a life

What a sad, bitter and judgmental little person you are. Ever been to Loch Ness? I have. It's beautiful. Spending your life in a wonderfully beautiful setting on a pristine giant lake in the quiet countryside surrounded by lush forest (and few bugs) giving tours to people happy to pay you so they can exercise their sense of wonder and mystery nature offers...that all sounds like a near perfect life. Throw in the ready access to great Scotch, hardy, friendly folk, and never worrying about going bankrupt should your kid get cancer...well, I'd gladly move my family and trade my life here in the States for that.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
Guy seriously could have gotten a video or a clearer shot (though I can't tell how much he zoomed in for this shot, maybe a lot). Anyway....

Well, give him another 26 years and maybe he'll come up with something better.
Looks like a carp to me, but what do I know? I haven't been at it for over a quarter of a century.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure i could replicate this myself for like £100 or less and if i made a living doing nessie tours that would be a great idea wouldn't it? And what's the point in sending the photo off to be analyzed first, so they can verify it's not been photoshopped doesn't mean it's a lock ness monster, the only reason he sent it off first is to try and give his bullcrap story and photo some credibility. The gullibility amazes me sometimes, oh look a large floating turd! It's an ancient dinosaur! Come take a ride on my boat

link   
reply to post by captiva

Originally posted by captiva
Pic was taken about 30 feet up...maybe his boat is a sea-plane....There is nothing in that photograph that proves anything...although it wont do his business any harm...

Looks like this is his boat and website:

Loch Ness Cruises

What would you guess the height is?
edit on 3-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

link   
As those of us of a certain age will know all you need to call a nessie is to blow on a special thistle whistle and one will come but you'll never find a nessie in the zoo

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Like someone mentioned, the water around it looks still. Judging by the size people usually report the Loch Ness Monster to be, I would think there would be ripples or small waves surrounding it. It looks more like something floating on the water. Maybe driftwood, but the shape is too curved for it to be a log.

The Loch Ness Monster was admitted to be fake. I personally don't believe in it, but considering less than 5% of the ocean has been explored, I think there's a good chance that there are actual sea monsters out there, maybe some that resemble Nessie.

Then again, I don't think this guy would fake the picture. Who would wait 26 years so that they can make an elaborate hoax?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Worst recession in 26 years

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MorganAlice

Motivations can come from any place.

In the present case, judging his website, his business seems financially sizable for the kind of operation he runs.

But even that may mean nothing.
edit on 3-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The Loch Ness Monster was admitted to be fake

Never heard that one.

You mind giving a link or source for that?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The likelihood of this being a forgery is small, considering he wouldn't wait this long to forge a picture if he was planning on doing it. Therefore it is a picture of "something," although it is impossible to say what. It does look like some sort of skin or something from a live animal, which is intriguing.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by loam

The other question I have is where are the rest of the pictures? I would have been snapping them like a madman. If there was a sequence of pictures showing movement, it would at least give it a little more of a possibility.
edit on 3-8-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

That is a good question. Unless he had one photo left in his camera (which I doubt) there should be a string of photos.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Flash back ! - had to give u a star for taking me back....family ness was awesome, well when i was 6.

i dont think this guy has faked this pic, however i don't think it's Nessie, maybe a fish, like the carp pic someone brought up.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

The most famous photograph of the monster was taken in 1934 near Invermoriston by Dr Robert Kenneth Wilson from London. It shows a head and long neck rising out of the water, the only picture to do so, and was published in the Daily Mail. Dr Wilson refused to allow his name to be associated with the photo so it became known as the "surgeon's photograph". In fact some 60 years later it was revealed to be a hoax.

www.loch-ness-monster-nessieland.com...

The Loch Ness monster phenomenon has seen several attempts to hoax the public, some of which were very successful. Other hoaxes were revealed rather quickly by the perpetrators, or exposed after diligent research.

en.wikipedia.org...

Then there's the fact that the first man to see it, Mr. Spicer, didn't even know what it was himself. From his words, "Whatever it is, and it may be a land and water animal, I think it should be destroyed, as I am not sure whether I had been quite so close to it I should have cared to tackle it. It is difficult to give you a better description, as it moved so swiftly, and the whole thing was so sudden. There is no doubt it exists." Only after this happened did many people start saying they had seen it or taken a picture of it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I would guess at about 20/25feet...Also I find it hard to imagine that he didnt quickly storm over to where the object was and get some sonar images of it....his equipment

Nessie Hunter is fitted with modern surveillance and safety equipment such as VHF Radio, G.P.S., Colour Sonar, Radar and Navtex.

Leading the way with Loch Ness Research Technology!

Always ahead of our competitors we lead, they follow!

We now have Downscanning Sonar Imaging!

See the shape of underwater contacts!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
26 years for a picture of a rock.....

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The first people to see it were centuries ago not Mr. Spicer. (you can see this on the same wiki page you linked to about 20th century hoaxes.) Did they admit it was a hoax too 14 centuries ago?

You are taking one instance, one case and applying it to the entire phenomena.

You said:

The Loch Ness Monster was admitted to be fake.

Maybe in more recent cases it was. Your blanket statement is not accurate though.
edit on 8/3/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I agree that it looks like a big carp. Are there any of those in the Loch?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join