It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nessie hunter snaps 'monster' after 26 year wait

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Nessie hunter snaps 'monster' after 26 year wait

'Nessie' hunter George Edwards waited 26 years for this moment – and he now believes he has the best picture ever taken of the Loch Ness monster.

He spends his life on the loch – around 60 hours a week - taking tourists out on his boat, Nessie Hunter IV, and has led numerous Nessie hunts over the years.

"It was slowly moving up the loch towards Urquhart Castle and it was a dark grey colour. It was quite a fair way from the boat, probably about half a mile away but it’s difficult to tell in water.”

After watching the object for five to ten minutes, Mr Edwards said it slowly sank below the surface and never resurfaced."

The article continues:

Before releasing it publicly he sent it to the USA for analysis, though he can’t reveal further details.

“I did not want to mention my sighting until I was sure that I had not photographed a log or something inanimate in the water in the water,” he said. “I have friends in the USA who have friends in the military.

“They had my photo analysed and they have no doubt that I photographed an animate object in the water. I was really excited as I am sure that some strange creatures are lurking in the depths of Loch Ness.”

I like that it appears he made an effort to authenticate the photo. Of course, it is not clear just how yet or to what avail.

It will be interesting to see what others make of this.

edit on 3-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
That looks pretty cool.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
That's taken from a boat? Was he up on the mast I wonder?

Good thread OP! Thanks

+34 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

26 years for that lousy photo....what a waste of a life

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson69
reply to post by loam

If this was his passion and/or mission, I think it paid off handsomely and he must feel vindicated (even if it does turn out to be a floating log
)

link   
reply to post by loam

This goes to prove. Good things come, to those who wait.

Cool story and pics.....

Des

link   
reply to post by loam

The problem I have with the picture is scale. It's very hard to make out the size of the object...but judging by how still the water looks, and the size of the ripples around it, I don't think it is the Loch Ness Monster. It's just doesn't seem to match the scale of what we would expect to see.

I know it's only a part of the object in the picture, but it just still doesn't seem big enough...What is shown doesn't seem to be very wide.
edit on 3-8-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

+49 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson69
reply to post by loam

Takes some real arrogance to say what another person should consider worthwhile to dedicate their life to.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

What if that's just the crown of it's head???

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I'm guessing from what is shown, 5-7 feet(ish).

Not very large. I agree.

That's the problem with these photos of "Nessie". They never are very definitive.

edit on 3-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
link   
So wait...26 years, runs tours, names his freaking boak Nessie....and there's "a photograph" to show for 10 minutes of watching this thing?!

Holy hell, in 26 years YOU'D THINK the guy would have mounted a couple of video cameras to his boat. If I was 26-years-Nessie-crazy, I'd have thermal, IR and nightvision video monitoring on my boat recording at all times!

link   
reply to post by TheGreatDivider

I have to admit...anything is possible.

My gut tells me it's not the Loch Ness Monster though.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I do find the markings on the rear interesting.

It reminds me of something, but just can't place my finger on it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

The object in the photo seems like it is a lot closer than half a mile away.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I was guessing the length to be close to 5 feet as well. I've spent alot of time on the water over the years, and probably could have taken hundreds of pictures of objects that could be mistaken for a creature.

The other question I have is where are the rest of the pictures? I would have been snapping them like a madman. If there was a sequence of pictures showing movement, it would at least give it a little more of a possibility.
edit on 3-8-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I have to say what a great picture! I think it is the first one I have seen of Nessie that wasn't blurry or grainy.
That gentleman sure has stamina doesn't he? Twenty-six years in the making.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hmmm maybe business was slowing down, and he wasn't sure if it was a log

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by loam

The problem I have with the picture is scale. It's very hard to make out the size of the object...but judging by how still the water looks, and the size of the ripples around it, I don't think it is the Loch Ness Monster. It's just doesn't seem to match the scale of what we would expect to see.

I know it's only a part of the object in the picture, but it just still doesn't seem big enough...What is shown seems too "narrow".

It's the same problem with the "Surgeon's" Photo:

Unless the guy was taking photos from a hot air balloon, it's too close and small to be called a monster, and therefore could really be anything.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think what we're seeing is a floating head/neck model this man threw in the water and waited until the splash waves dispersed.

26 years of looking for something and running tours with no proof?

This is his retirement plan, plain and simple. You don't pursue something that passionately without desiring some kind of credit or legacy.

EDIT: Also, the shot seems pretty still and focused for what is supposedly the only picture he took. Why take so much time to get the "perfect shot"? Just snap snap snap.
edit on 3-8-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Part of me wishes they would just drain the lake somehow and put an end to all this. The MS river could use some water. Too bad there is no money in building a pipeline to channel a material other than oil.

Seems we'd have some kind of technology that could put this to rest.

Guy seriously could have gotten a video or a clearer shot (though I can't tell how much he zoomed in for this shot, maybe a lot).

Anyway....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join