It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another story of a HERO with a gun!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
65 year old woman hero uses gun to defeat 5 armed robbers

Infowars.com
August 2, 2012
www.infowars.com...

A Garden Grove, California, jewelry store owner thwarted an armed robbery with a handgun on Sunday and sent masked robbers scurrying for their lives. A surveillance video shows the gutsy 65-year-old woman with gun in hand chasing the would-be robbers outside.
The incident sends a strong message to the criminal element – engage in unlawful and threatening behavior at your peril. Instead of cowering in fear and allowing thugs to run rampant, more small business owners should follow the senior citizen’s example.

The foiled robbery follows an incident in early July when a senior citizen in Florida defended patrons of a gaming cafe against two armed robbers.
If the gun-grabbers in Congress and the United Nations have their way and manage to eventually confiscate our firearms and turn America into Second Amendment free zones like Chicago and New York, we will all become helpless victims at the mercy of criminals.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The notion of gun control for the safety of the population is absolutely absurd. How many illegal unregistered guns are in the US? My bet is LOADS.

What happens when they take away all the LEGAL guns?

Criminals roam around like kids in a candy store.

Oh yeah that's right, they want gun control policy for THEIR safety not yours.

S+F

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings about this. While its great that she managed to defend herself that time the next time they are robbed the thieves might just walk in and shoot her right away out of fear of being shot at during the robbery.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BreeAnna00

Saw the raw vid on LL earlier.
I say good for the old lady!
Too bad she was not able to kill any or actually all of them.
They are a waste of skin looking for a quick buck.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BreeAnna00
65 year old woman hero uses gun to defeat 5 armed robbers

Women are known as "heroines" just to clarify.

Cheers for posting this story.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Saw the raw vid on LL earlier.
I say good for the old lady!
Too bad she was not able to kill any or actually all of them.
They are a waste of skin looking for a quick buck.

I agree. Too bad she didn't end a few of their careers early.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

S & F

MSM just played a video on what to do if a shooter comes into your work and starts shooting (safety video). If people were armed, they could have protected themselves and others in the scenario shown. The shooter wouldn't have been able to do so much harm. It is truly just a takeover of people's ability to defend themselves against a government who clearly desires a defenseless population. People who cannot defend themselves have no rights at all.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

next time they are robbed the thieves might just walk in and shoot her right away out of fear of being shot at during the robbery.

Think like a neighborhood thug for a second.

Store "A" has a old lady known to pull a gun on robbers.
Store "B" has never been known to have weapons.

Which would you rob on a Friday night?

Even the dumbest thugs know enough to steer away from people who fight back.
That's what fathers teach their sons from an early age. Stand up to bullies. Even if you lose the first time they will think twice before engaging you a second time.

Thugs and bullies like soft targets.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Store A has gun
Store B has gun
Store C has gun

Robber has more guns

Gunfight erupts endangering bystanders (or are we hoping for them to be armed as well so they can join in?)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScatterBrain

S & F

MSM just played a video on what to do if a shooter comes into your work and starts shooting (safety video). If people were armed, they could have protected themselves and others in the scenario shown. The shooter wouldn't have been able to do so much harm. It is truly just a takeover of people's ability to defend themselves against a government who clearly desires a defenseless population. People who cannot defend themselves have no rights at all.

Very true I never thought of that side! If we were allowed to be armed everywhere at anytime, im pretty sure criminals would think twice about their actions.

I dare them to try and take my guns.. Good luck getting through my private electric gate, around my 2 dogs in the yard, and around my other dog aka little land shark!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
Store A has gun
Store B has gun
Store C has gun

Robber has more guns

Gunfight erupts endangering bystanders (or are we hoping for them to be armed as well so they can join in?)

Awesome.
Such a great and well thought out point.

I have a few DIRECT questions for you that I am sure you'll be prompt in DIRECTLY answering
Bonus points for avoiding the go to tactic of answering a question with another question.

Do you think that this woman kept herself safe and her store from being robbed by simply having and being willing to use a gun?

A. Yes
or
B. No.

If you chose 'B' then go no further as you are willfully ignorant and clearly haven't read the article and any discussion with you will be fruitless.
If you chose 'A' then proceed to the next question.

Do you think that this lady is:

A. Happy that she was armed with a gun
or
B. Not happy that she was armed with a gun.

If you chose 'B' then go no further as you are being willfully ignorant and any discussion with you will be fruitless
But, if you chose 'A' then hang in there, I have a couple more.

Do you think the Robbers were:

A. Happy she was armed with a gun
or
B. NOT happy she was armed with a gun

If you chose 'A then go no further as you are being obtuse as well as dishonest.
But if you chose 'B' then

Are YOU

A. Happy that this woman was armed with a gun which allowed her to protect herself and her store.
or
B. NOT happy that this woman was armed with a gun which allowed her to protect herself and her store.

If you chose 'B' then go no further as you just gave the same answer the criminal would have given which literally
means that YOU and THE CRIMINAL share the same mindset!!! It also means you don't have to worry about answering any more of my questions and please don't have any more contact with me as I don't associate with people who think like criminals.

But if you chose 'A' then I have this to say to you.

If you are glad that this woman was able to defend herself with a firearm then congratulations!!!
You secretly support our second ammendment and you are also a hypocrite.

Now then,
These are the VERY simple questions which I lay out in every thread of this nature and I NEVER NEVER NEVER
get a simple,direct,Yes or NO answer.
Why are these questions so hard to answer???

They seem to ONLY be hard to answer for people on the ONE side of this arguement and easy to answer for people on the other side. Why is that do you think???

So, once again, here we go.
Let's see if there is ANYONE out there who is willing to be intellectually honest and answer a few VERY simple questions. We'll start with you 'aivlas'.

GO!

edit on 4-8-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
what about the teeneagers who blow their brains out because of cyber bullying ?

yay guns !!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

You know that's a TOTALLY different situation.
Your comment was completely pointless

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
OOOOOOOH a failure to answer .Yes.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
"Gun control" only hurts decent LAW-ABIDING citizens while BENEFITING the criminals.

WHO in their right SANE MIND would be for "gun control"?? ANSWER: only CRIMINALS, TRAITORS and the BRAINWASHED folks are in favor of it.

PERIOD!!!!!!

edit on 4-8-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Great with gun control in,they get to just hang themselves!
I really like your point.
/sarcasm off.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I have mixed feelings about this. While its great that she managed to defend herself that time the next time they are robbed the thieves might just walk in and shoot her right away out of fear of being shot at during the robbery.

Chances are they wont be back.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScatterBrain

S & F

I know right did you notice when the "shooter" walks into the building the door has a sign on it that says "no firearms" allowed on the premises?

Wonder why a "shooter" would choose that building? It's like advertising - come on in and shoot because we certainly can't shoot back...

Wonder if the sign instead read - "Our employees are encouraged to exercise their right to bear arms while traveling to and from the office as well as while working inside. Have a nice day!"

Perhaps he'd have moved on to a softer target?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

I think they are in the process of trying to control that too.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

yay guns !!!!

Well, since you seem to be in favor of passing legislation which would solve the problem you describe here
let me ask YOU a DIRECT question which requires a DIRECT answer, ready?
Let's see if you can avoid the age old tactic of answering a question with a question too shall we?
Here we go,

Ahem,

If we make guns illegal, teenagers who wish to commit suicide will:

A. Not be able to since the only way to kill yourself is with a gun and guns are illegal to own and the last thing you want to do before blowing your brains out is break the law.

B. Find another way to kill themselves.

Let me ask it another way just in case you didn't like the wording of the first question.

If guns were made illegal it would

A. Still be possible to kill yourself

or

B. Be impossible to kill yourself.

Now, this is really easy to do.
All you have to do is type ONE LETTER!!!!
I await your DIRECT answer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join