It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to send a monkey into space.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
As interesting as this is, I suspect, what with current political attitudes towards Iran, such a launch will come to naught as a result of either subtle sabotage on the ground, or through the facilitation of something more overt like the X37B sent into stealth mode to intercept and disable.

It'd certainly present a nice test-bed scenario for the X37B to run a hot training exercise, on the down-low of course.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Is it gonna be the ayatollah???

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by superman2012

Dude

Iran should go into space. All that I am suggesting is that the cost/benefit considerations suggest that it may be better to use unmanned rockets. If iran wants to send a person into space thatis their business but I must ask why you posted here on ATS? Was it to make a dig at the west??

Your agenda is Iranian nationalism. Mine is science and economics. We are at cross purposes so therei s no debate.

I still think your president is an idiot. The iranian people I have met deserve better!
edit on 3-8-2012 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

Dude

I posted this as it is relevant. My "agenda" is to let people know what is happening in the world. Last time I looked, Canada didn't have a President.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

What pray is it relevant to? here is an experiment for you and you alone. How would you feel if I told you "The number is 57?". What would you think?

I have made an assumption that you failed to deny my comment about Iranian nationalism because you are a supporter of that regime and you have not denied it. Again what is the relevance of the data. you have offered? In the absence of any relevance Imade a comment about cost and benefit and a joke about the president. You made a series of assumptions regarding the rights of Iran to go into space.

Do you understand my point? I really am not interested in the possibility of space tourism. I believe given the upopularity of the regime most of the rich will not trust Iran as a purveyor of space tourism. We will see. I believe there is a wealth of space science that iranian academics can get involved with that do not need manned space missions.

Even the US scientists understood that but you sadly do not.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

What pray is it relevant to? here is an experiment for you and you alone. How would you feel if I told you "The number is 57?". What would you think?

I have made an assumption that you failed to deny my comment about Iranian nationalism because you are a supporter of that regime and you have not denied it. Again what is the relevance of the data. you have offered? In the absence of any relevance Imade a comment about cost and benefit and a joke about the president. You made a series of assumptions regarding the rights of Iran to go into space.

Do you understand my point? I really am not interested in the possibility of space tourism. I believe given the upopularity of the regime most of the rich will not trust Iran as a purveyor of space tourism. We will see. I believe there is a wealth of space science that iranian academics can get involved with that do not need manned space missions.

Why exactly are you posting anything in the SPACE EXPLORATION forum?!?
I haven't said this in a loooong time. Epic fail on your part.
If you want to discuss Iran and how I feel about it, feel free to enter a discussion about Iran in the thread posted at my signature.

Edit: oh yes, I forgot to address something...if you really need to know:

57 is the natural number following 56 and preceding 58.

edit on 3-8-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
No links as yet, but just on BBC radio mid-day news. Iran has successfully launched and recovered a monkey sent into space. (70? miles altitude I think.)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by jlm912

yeah I know right? I cannot stand the idiocy which comes from the MSM, it becomes a predictable thing for real!

but I am proud of Iran! YEA!

S&F OP good article!

edit on 3-8-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

You wont be so proud of them when they use the very same rocket technology to drop a nuke of your head!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I, for one, support Iran's monkey-launching endeavours. Every country has the right to do science and exploration.

There are now some news cropping up. Here's one with an incredibly biased view from Telegraph.co.uk blogs.telegraph.co.uk...[ editby]edit on 28-1-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Why exactly are you posting anything in the SPACE EXPLORATION forum?!? :57 is the natural number following 56 and preceding 58.

edit on 3-8-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

Perhaps because its not about space exploration? Lets face it, the Iranians will not be discovering anything new about going into low earth orbit...Everything they need to know has been made freely available by NASA.
This is about developing rockets with enough range to drop nukes on America...And we all know they are developing nuclear weapons as we speak!
Its why, sooner or later, America will have to make a preemptive attack on them.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Good for them, can't wait to see what sort of experiments they intend to explore. Never hurts to have more scientists exploring the vast expanse of space. However, they should have manned up and put money into sending a human up instead of an animal with no say in the matter, just a personal opinion.

Also, LOL at the prejudice aimed towards Iranians going on in this thread. Looks like the propaganda against them is working out just as intended. Pathetic.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join