It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to send a monkey into space.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Although I found an earlier thread about this, here, that thread was about their first attempt. I apologize if there is a current thread.

Iran isn't a country with a high profile in space tourism – but that could soon change. On Wednesday, the Iran Space Agency (ISA) announced its intention to launch a live Rhesus monkey into space. But can it bring the animal back?

It is not the first time Iran has shown interest in launching animals into orbit. In 2010, the ISA's Kavoshgar-3 rocket carried worms, a mouse and two turtles as passengers. More significantly, the animals were reportedly safely returned to Earth.

Link to full story.

Now they say that the other animals were reportedly safely returned to Earth. I have seen no articles backing this claim up nor have I seen any saying that the monkey will be brought back.

This no doubt will be picked up on, if successful, and be used against them as this technology could be used for:

. "This launch would be a major milestone in a military sense. Iran, like many other spacefaring nations, is developing a space programme not only for the sake of prestige but also for national security reasons."

...from the same article.

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Maybe they will slap sanctions on the monkey or freeze it's bank accounts.

All jokes aside, good for Iran

Pretty soon Iran will have a more advanced space program than the United States if the White House keeps cutting the funding for NASA.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Good for them, but I can see the coming MSM bs now...

"Iran planning space launch. Officials fear program's nuclear weapon potential"

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thats no monkey! That was Ahmadinejad!

So what? The smart money would send remote control drones up and probably get some more information and cheaper. A real case of monkey see monkey do? besides what would the purpose be? This could be propaganda at its worse!
edit on 3-8-2012 by Tiger5 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Anytime a country can further their space program, no matter how advanced they are, I think it is a good thing.

Now if we could just get all nations to collaborate on space exploration I think we could actually get somewhere!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jlm912

yeah I know right? I cannot stand the idiocy which comes from the MSM, it becomes a predictable thing for real!

but I am proud of Iran! YEA!

S&F OP good article!

edit on 3-8-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

...or more frightening...hundreds of monkeys paratroopers dropping into the US and Israel with nukes strapped to their backs!
They have plans to put a man in space by 2020.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
Thats no monkey! That was Almedinajad!

So what? The smart money would send remote control drones up and probably get some more information and cheaper. A real case of monkey see monkey do? besides what would the purpose be? This could be propaganda at its worse!

The purpose might be to explore space? They already have satellites in space, isn't this the next logical step in the final run to getting a man in space?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I do not rate getting a man in space now thatthe cold war proganda fight is over. It is actually a very costly exercise to maintain human life in space. please look at the real history of the space race. The Astronauts were very brave men but even then they railed against being piloted from mission control. Again do the research and you will come to a similar view to me.

Rgds

T

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Who says monkies can't fly.
They'll send pigs next.

Congratulations Iran (i think)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Maybe they will slap sanctions on the monkey or freeze it's bank accounts.
All jokes aside, good for Iran
Pretty soon Iran will have a more advanced space program than the United States if the White House keeps cutting the funding for NASA.

Dont worry. We have canada the rich neighbor to borrow from for NASA

BTW what is more advanced space program? Any idea on their existing and future programs by any chance? Or sending the monkey is the advanced program?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Please remember to post on topic.

If you have issues with a post in the thread, or a staff action, please contact that staff member direclty.

Do not, complain about it in thread, it disrupts the flow of conversation and is considered off-topic.

Thank You.

~Tenth
ATS Mod.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

I do not rate getting a man in space now thatthe cold war proganda fight is over. It is actually a very costly exercise to maintain human life in space. please look at the real history of the space race. The Astronauts were very brave men but even then they railed against being piloted from mission control. Again do the research and you will come to a similar view to me.

Rgds

T

So to get things straight, Iran should not venture out into space because it too costly? Space is where we are heading my friend, whether you like it or not. Iran is just one of many that are attempting this. I refuse to believe that mankind will stay on this rock for the rest of its existence.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I can't help feeling sorry for the monkey. Back when I was a youngster I always felt sad for the dogs and monkeys that were sent into space, as I knew that the end result for them was a slow death. I just can't see the need for the Iranians to use animals when they could cut a lot of costs by getting help from the Russians. Hell!..they could probably get most of the required info off the internet, and if the worst comes to the worst, give one of the scientists a phone and send him up!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Dude

Iran should go into space. All that I am suggesting is that the cost/benefit considerations suggest that it may be better to use unmanned rockets. If iran wants to send a person into space thatis their business but I must ask why you posted here on ATS? Was it to make a dig at the west??

Your agenda is Iranian nationalism. Mine is science and economics. We are at cross purposes so therei s no debate.

I still think your president is an idiot. The iranian people I have met deserve better!
edit on 3-8-2012 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join