It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Christian, I believe we should stop having kids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I agree things changed after the 'fall'. Post-fall, it's no longer favorable for souls to be born in this planet because more likely then ended up corrupted themselves.

God's ultimate plan for the human race is complete annihilation (extinction) and reincarnate the worthy souls with new glorified bodies.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Our original state is not as a soul. We were created in the physical. The entire point of the Resurrection is to reinstall our spirits and souls into new indestructable bodies for the millenial reign and into the new heaven and new earth. Our heaven is the new earth in the physical where Jesus will reign forever. He restores creation to what it was before Adam screwed the pooch. Jesus never commanded us to stop having children. Now from a logical standpoint, i wouldn't want to have children so close to the tribulation and judgement day, the risk is too great to have children and lose them to the enemy this close to the return of Christ.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I as a woman have decided against having children of my own. I love children and have taken care of hundreds of other peoples kids through my work. I used to want babies as I was raised to believe that was essentially our main purpose was... To bear children and be good wives and mothers. At this point in time I believe it's selfish to want to bring a child into this world. I have no desire to subject another soul to this mess. It would be out of my own self want to experience that "bond" and the cute little memories etc. I will continue to love and care for the children already here and who are carelessly born everyday whose parents gave up on them. I don't try to force my ideas on anyone. They are mine and they work for me.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

As an agnostic, I believe all Christians should stop breeding..

2nd

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

As an agnostic, I believe all Christians should stop breeding..

As a Christian mystic, i believe that all agnostics/atheists/fundies of all sorts should stop having kids 1st. Wed eventually have a utopia.

On the other hand, if Christians stopped reproduction and there were none of us left, i strongly feel the Mao/Stalin/Mousallini types would eventually take over and it'd be hell on earth.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join