It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Anti-Occupy" law ends American's right to protest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Violently, never. Disruptively, always.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SangriaRed

Sorry for what? You made a great point.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
HR 347 is one law that I find completely unconstitutional. Being able to call public property federal grounds, so long as the SS is there, is unacceptable.

It's scary, really. To me it means that you'll never be able to protest a president's actions in public, ever. Speak against him, or anyone else under SS protecting, and go to jail.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hong Kong is a special administrative region of China, HK is treated very differently from mainland China and is free to do what they want for the most part.

Protests are rather common in HK.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEBEARDEDGOAT
reply to post by darkbake

well, sounds a little treasonous. i pray our future grandchildren forgives us for what we have alowed to go on in our country and hopefully we wont be considered dumbass traitors in the history books in 10 years. this is not an illusion....this is what we have truly become. god, etc forgive us all for what is surely to come now.

This is a sad and sobering thought. That one day we may be seen as "Good Germans" once were.... complicit, whether in deed or silence.

And to echo a ,thought in the OP that I think has always been my biggest fear, and I think may be the real issue we're faced with-- by the time enough people are able to see what's going on, and are in agreement about it, our freedoms will be eroded to the point where there is no choice, anyway.

Once they take enough of your right to speak, travel freely, bear arms... then how do you oppose? Meaningful discourse?
Prayer? Sheer Number? (I'm afraid technology has rendered Sheer Numbers to be useless)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join