It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 a Hoax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Is Area 51 actually just a hoax?Could it just be something completely out of terms to do with aliens and UFO's?Well think of it this way,about a year ago scientists discovered something that could possibly be one of the first links to humans,and that was exposed greatly.Well why not expose aliens?Couldn't they also be a very close link to humans?There's no reason to keep that kind of thing a secret,if we are trying to learn of them why not expose them to the public,it'd be a better way of preparing everyone if we fully interact with "aliens".Area 51 could may as well be just some dark part of the government that they dont want to leak out and given a name and reason of being to distract its actual purpouse,just look at American Nick Berg,speculation is he was beheaded by Americans (as i strongly believe)and was last reported alive in the hands of American militants.

[edit on 10-10-2004 by Dr Sick]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Sick
Is Area 51 actually just a hoax?Could it just be something completely out of terms to do with aliens and UFO's?Well think of it this way,about a year ago scientists discovered something that could possibly be one of the first links to humans,and that was exposed greatly.Well why not expose aliens?Couldn't they also be a very close link to humans?There's no reason to keep that kind of thing a secret,if we are trying to learn of them why not expose them to the public,it'd be a better way of preparing everyone if we fully interact with "aliens".Area 51 could may as well be just some dark part of the government that they dont want to leak out and given a name and reason of being to distract its actual purpouse,just look at American Nick Berg,speculation is he was beheaded by Americans (as i strongly believe)and was last reported alive in the hands of American militants.

Well think of it this way,about a year ago scientists discovered something that could possibly be one of the first links to humans,and that was exposed greatly

?

Well why not expose aliens?

Us or the government? There is many theories as to why the government would not disclose. Check the other threads =)

There's no reason to keep that kind of thing a secret,if we are trying to learn of them why not expose them to the public,it'd be a better way of preparing everyone if we fully interact with "aliens".

Again there is numerous theories on why they would keep it secret. I will point out though that the government may not want us to be prepared for alien interaction (because it might jeopardize their control on us). Or are not allowed to prepare us (because the aliens control them).

Area 51 could may as well be just some dark part of the government that they dont want to leak out and given a name and reason of being to distract its actual purpouse

I'm not sure how you have gathered it to be a hoax from what you have said? Naturally, the government could have created the whole Area 51 thing as a disctraction. One thing is for sure though, if it once was a derpartment for extraterrestrials it is no longer.

[edit on 10-10-2004 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Area 51 is not a hoax. Too many things come to surface about it by time, still it is more relaxing to believe, that it is a hoax. People don't really want to know anything about creatures that are better or more intelligent than humans. This is what we are.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
Area 51 is not a hoax. Too many things come to surface about it by time, still it is more relaxing to believe, that it is a hoax. People don't really want to know anything about creatures that are better or more intelligent than humans. This is what we are.

People don't really want to know anything about creatures that are better or more intelligent than humans. This is what we are

Altough I do agree with this statement I am wondering if you are saying the aliens we specualte about are better then us? It would appear they are more intelligent (if technology mirrors intellect). But better?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'd bet money that Area 51 has nothing to do with aliens, that the government has let these conspiracies grow to conceal the real reason of area 51: testing experimental aircraft.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
What concealment?

Is Area 51 actually just a hoax?Could it just be something completely out of terms to do with aliens and UFO's?

It's no secret that Area 51 is the testing base location for some of the US' most top secret aircraft...controlled by the Department of Naval Intelligence and leased to some of the US' most consistent contractors such as Boeing, Lockheed, Northrop, etc.

It's the OTHER parts of the complex (not the base proper), that are highly suspicious for alien related activity, such as the Papoose Lake region (regardless of your thoughts on Mr. Lazar)....

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well, Area51 was a testing base for new flying toys and everything, but i seriously doubt that it is still working on top secret toyws, because lately area51 has become the first thing to discuss and look for. Think about it, there are hundreds of other bases, you still would be making exotic craft in a place which is turned public eyes on? I think not.

p.s. if you cant understand something i wrote, dont bother. I am drunk today
for real ...

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Well, Area51 was a testing base for new flying toys and everything, but i seriously doubt that it is still working on top secret toyws, because lately area51 has become the first thing to discuss and look for. Think about it, there are hundreds of other bases, you still would be making exotic craft in a place which is turned public eyes on? I think not.

There are new buildings, runways, etc. and more land has been siezed by the government. It is STILL away from prying eyes, and the same expensive countermeasures are still in place. JANET flights are just as routine as ever, as are the busses, and A51 still has some of the longest runways ever built. It is STILL a perfect location for doing EXACTLY what it was designed for since the late 50's...the testing of not yet publicly released aircraft.
No doubt it is not the ONLY location for such testing, but it remains a primary one, and for the reasons given above.

new topics

top topics

join