It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highly Suspicious Activity - Stocks SOAR up to 2000% False Flag On Horizon?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
And did anyone else see the scrolling news last night of Benjamin Netanyahu stating that the US was not acting adequately against Iran to stop them from developing Nuclear weapons?

BBC

Israel is itching for a war, they need an excuse, and they need something to force America to act on their behalf.

It's very likely that it could be a glitch. But surely after decades of fine-tuning they would have incidents like this ironed out by now? And how many instances of this have we actually seen? I only recall the one before 9/11. But was there one before 7/7 too?

I doubt anything will happen, and this could be a glitch. However, I think it's plausible that something else is going on here.

As others have said, always follow the money.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Don't get you spring wound too tight folks.
All you had to do was look at the names of the companies.
If they were big government contract types then you can raise your eyebrows.
But Nordstrom??? Harrly Davidson???
Hardly the foundations of our economy.

As to program trading and systems...
We all do that even if it's just in our brains. So what to do??
A random delay between 1 and 7 seconds before execution. Or limit the number of shares per stock, per account in one transaction.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The stock market has become the biggest farce in history, its so hard for the average trader to make money because of all the bots flooding the market and making it highly unpredictable. But not only that, you have constant government interference from around the world, who are starting rumours about what they might do (eg more quantitative easing) and then deny those rumours, then start them again, then deny them and so on, and thats not just happening in the US its happening around the world on a daily basis. Then theres the issue with actual market manipulation by governments to shake off short positions and make the market go higher.
It's a total farce, I know people who have been trading for 30+ years who are having an extremely tough time trying to trade these markets, some have thrown in the towel completely.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Haha... so it was a crazy trading bot making bogus trades. Serves them right.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Since traders are scum of the earth leeches, GOOD! Maybe they can save us all trauma and just jump out the windows. Save us from hearing how poor they become.

I don't suppose fat bonus checks that they keep taking means anything? But it's ok, for every burnout there's a new kid who wants to make money for nothing.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Since traders are scum of the earth leeches, GOOD! Maybe they can save us all trauma and just jump out the windows. Save us from hearing how poor they become.

I don't suppose fat bonus checks that they keep taking means anything? But it's ok, for every burnout there's a new kid who wants to make money for nothing.

I think you're confusing average traders with bankers and traders who work for banks, I don't consider the average trader as "scum", I don't see anything wrong with someone wanting to invest their hard earned cash.
Unfortunately the stock market has become so heavily manipulated that the average honest trader is finding it increasingly difficult to make money while the the banks make even more.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
I think you're confusing average traders with bankers and traders who work for banks, I don't consider the average trader as "scum", I don't see anything wrong with someone wanting to invest their hard earned cash.

No not really, scum is scum, floats on top and stinks?

What you "see something wrong with" is irrelevant to me.

Have a look at Cambist. When you figure out how it works, either you'll be sick (as i am) or you'll rush to invest your $$$. No matter, anything to get more money than the next guy hey?

edit on 2-8-2012 by harryhaller because: typos

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Please explain why you think the average investor is "scum".

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Did you look at that link? Do you even understand it? Clearly you don't.

ATS THREAD

I guess you have NO idea how messed the financial system is?

Aaah ... ignorance is bliss.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Possibly because he/she doesn't have the ability to invest?

I find that those who have never invested have an entirely differently view of the market. ie "It's all rigged."
But once they make a successful trade their view changes. ie "If I did it once...".

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Did you look at that link? Do you even understand it? Clearly you don't.

ATS THREAD

I guess you have NO idea how messed the financial system is?

Aaah ... ignorance is bliss.

Yes as someone who invests in the stock market I have no idea about the financial situation the world is in

And why are you using a thread that shows how $9,000,000,000,000 has gone missing from the federal reserve to prove your point that all investors are scum?

I think you're confused.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
I find that those who have never invested have an entirely differently view of the market. ie "It's all rigged."
But once they make a successful trade their view changes. ie "If I did it once...".

I find that self serving scum are self serving scum whether they have money or not.

I'll keep it simple for you:

We (globally) have a debt based monetary system. It is a fractional reserve system on steroids.

There is no upside, there is nothing real. The only value is human labour, and the only unit is promise.

When you see companies like the one i linked to, where "even i" can invest in the misery of others, at a profit!!

It's a giant pyramid scheme, that's all.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I don't disagree with you that the financial system is a corrupt mess, in fact I would love to see money disappear and the world adopt a resource based economy, but unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world.

My problem is that you are painting everyone with the same brush, you are labelling someone who invests in gold and silver or companies they see value in or Forex with people who are involved in more darker areas of trading.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

My problem is that you are painting everyone with the same brush, you are labelling someone who invests in gold and silver or companies they see value in or Forex with people who are involved in more darker areas of trading.

I see lots of silly little people trying to rationalise complicity in crimes against humanity ...

"oh well everyone else does it so why shouldn't we"

I'll deny ignorance, but i'll beat self justification to a bloody pulp. You're guilty for playing their game, and until you acknowledge that, then why bother? You're just another sheep, despite your misleading avatar.

You never answered (surprise) ... do you understand the link i posted? Do you understand how it works? (seeing as you're the BIG investor an' all)

Do you understand it is making money off the misery of others?

Does that disturb you? Or can you rationalise it enough to sleep tight at night?

And yes, those are all real questions.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Based on your location I feel you don't understand why stocks exist and the purpose of the market.

The debt situation is mostly government debt not company debt. So the two are not connected.

When Apple sells more Ipods people feel their stock is more attractive. If I sell them my shares at a higher price than I bought, who is in misery?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I see lots of silly little people trying to rationalise complicity in crimes against humanity ...

"oh well everyone else does it so why shouldn't we"

I'll deny ignorance, but i'll beat self justification to a bloody pulp. You're guilty for playing their game, and until you acknowledge that, then why bother? You're just another sheep, despite your misleading avatar.

You never answered (surprise) ... do you understand the link i posted? Do you understand how it works? (seeing as you're the BIG investor an' all)

Does that disturb you? Or can you rationalise it enough to sleep tight at night?

And yes, those are all real questions.

As with another thread you are just answering my replies in an angry and insultive tone, and AGAIN you resort to mocking my avatar, don't worry I wont bother replying again.
I'll just leave you with this, you talk about I'm trying to rationalise complicity in crimes against humanity and how I'm playing their game, how are you communicating with me? Through a computer? Are you enjoying the benefits of the cheap labour it took to make that? Was your laptop a good INVESTMENT?
Hows about all the other things you own? Do you have anything made in china? even Apple products are made there.
Sleep well.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

And you have both a misleading avatar and an astonishing absence of real answers. Cow dung flung.

I have a job, for which i'm grateful and i hate at the same time, a 10 year old pc at home (for the evil internet), and a family to feed. I'm part of the problem to be sure, having a job, and i even have a cell phone
. But of course, that's being honest with myself, which you aren't.
Now stop playing silly with me and engage the issues, if you can.

Originally posted by samkent
Based on your location I feel you don't understand why stocks exist and the purpose of the market.

You're kidding, right? My location ... ill bet you're an expert on that too?

The miserable one is the guy who made the iToy in China. For your convenience and entertainment he now gets a preview of hell. Come on, do you really salve your consciences so easily? It appears so ...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Today's a good example of extreme volatility in the markets caused by rumours.
About a week ago Mario Draghi, the European Central Bank president made a statement that he will do everything it takes to save the euro, this caused an immediate rally in stocks around the world.
Today he made a statement and showed that his previous statement had no substance which has caused the markets to suddenly drop sharply, the DAX dropped about 200 points in less than a minute!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The miserable one is the guy who made the iToy in China.

No he has a job to help put food on his families table when others have no job.
His choice is 24 hrs a day with no work and little food or 12 hrs a day of hard work and a full meal on the table.
I doubt he feels that his life is total misery.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

These guys are quite right. You clearly have an irrational hatred for traders. Probably because you think they are merely gambling and they don't do any real work to make their money. Well in fact it takes a lot of hard work to succeed in the stock trading game, and it takes real intelligence too. Yes it is gambling to a degree but if you know how to play the game you can make a living from it. People who play poker for a living are no different, but I suppose you hate them too...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join