It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flag and it's fringes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Why doesn’t the US flag flying at the Olympics have gold fringes like the ones in schools, libraries, and court-rooms?

I think the flag (missing the gold fringes) flying at the Olympics is a false flag event!

fill in the blank

An ironic conundrum.

So, which flag should be flying? Why do we have two versions? What other nations practice this 'trait'?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
None of the flags I see on a daily basis here in St. Louis have gold fringes...

I don't think the fringe is standard for the American flag by any means.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The flag with the the gold fringe usually is found in courtrooms to signify you are under ADMIRALTY LAW. That is why you do not see it at the Olympics.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm looking for an example;

This either is or is not.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
I'm looking for an example;

This either is or is not.

Such flags are usually found at govt offices or courtrooms... It represents respect for law and values of USA. the official flag of a,Erica doesn't have any fringes

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Curi ous

There may be something to this, something that probably matters little.

It's a curious thing; when to fly which flag?
edit on (8/1/1212 by loveguy because: link space ain't my fault!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

You'll find a lot of downright weird excuses as to why some flags have a gold fringe etc. However since the reasons very widely and over so many topics with absolutely no proof whatsoever we can only assume that the gold fringe is simply a decorative adornment. One explanation I heard once from a WWII vet was that flag patches on uniforms would have a noticeable thread sewing the patch on the sleeve. Some manufacturers made darker borders of raised thread to hide the sewing, and at some point a company used gold to make the patch stand out. And it stuck. Which is why the vast majority of flag patches have a gold border. That was his explanation, made sense to me.

new topics

top topics

join