It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who honestly believes the U.S. can pull itself out of a 16 trillion debt?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Current public debt: $15,879,685,991,358.94Current est U.S. population: 313,237,833Per person: $50,695.30And people are concerned with just balancing the budget? I think it's going to take a little more than just balancing the budget. It would take years and years of surplus. It's virtually impossible.Debt clock

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
there is a simple fix, debt forgiveness technically the money does not exist. and it seems the banks are run on debt so why not wipe the slate clean a hard reset the banks take a major loss. the strong banks survive the weak ones don't. get the average consumer spending and the banks lending again. What is the alternative?
Let everything go to $h!t and America becomes a new 3rd world nation..........................it feels like it is suppose to fail the economy, banks etc...............

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

One of the reasons why regime change and global dominance are key parts of the American dream. They themselves are enslaved by debt and in turn enslave others. Its dismal at best..

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Some members here will tell you it's not real money so it's not a real debt. No problems apparently.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Yes.

I'm going to keep this short, there has been many good ideas for financial balance. By far this is the best start I've seen, and have supported for some time now. Mind you, this isn't a surefire cureall magic bullet solution, but it is a good start. Video linked is one our government representatives should see and then do.

Why haven't they done this already...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
you have to understand that if the US starts repaying china, china will get more rich. they dont want this at all.
i dont think they have any intentions of paying anyone back.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
go to war and win.

That way you lot can rape another country and also get your allies to pay back loans.

It's worked for you guys in the past (hell, even us Brits were paying back the lend lease loan for years afterwards)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Yeah probably, but the thing is it's not going to stay at that amount, it will get worse.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

I'm glad you don't lead a country.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

That was a pretty cool video, thanks much. The problem lies within partisan politics and getting everyone on the same page. Unfortunately, adding any monetary spending to social programs seems like a no no to many circles. After all, we don't want the lazy freeloaders getting a free ride (I'm writing in jest). This may be getting a little off topic, but since we're talking about improving social programs. I think a good place to start with social development begins with education. Just look at Detroit, where a good portion of that population cannot read and write. How can you develop a strong competent workforce if that workforce lacks basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills.I see absolutely no problem with giving assistance to those who need it. With that being said, I think it should be mandated that those who accept assistance should take basic education classes. Those who who have no problems with basic education should be given advanced levels of education. The ones accepting assistance are for the most part just spinning their wheels and not really developing the skills required by employers. Now we're beginning to solve problems.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

that video was pretty cool.
thanks for the link.

-subfab

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

I am glad I am not. :-)
I would hate having to look at my population and think the previous leaders ran up this debt and now I have to think of a way out of it all.

Good luck, could the last person to leave turn the lights off please.
edit on 1/8/2012 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
not a fat chance in hell. Even if by some act of God we come across a way to do so. It would only encourage our greatest enemies to do it all over again. We are so fickle a people that we might invite them back again after the generation that kicks them out (hahahaha) dies.

No, the US has lost the right to be free. It actually deserves what it gets. We were too busy to be bothered. Now enjoy the country you hand over to your kids. Feel privileged that you get to see how it all happens. That much will be treason in the future. Talking about what we WERE.

Good luck USA. May the few true patriots that remain die peacefully and may they never have to see what it will look like later. That much humiliation is too much for anyone to bear.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Before one can attempt to pay off a debt one must ensure they are not continuing to rack up the debt at an insane pace.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
China will let the ones they dont kill work it off as debt slaves when they eventually take possession of their new homeland - some of your great great great grandchildren might actually be able to live as free citizens (2cnd class)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

It would take strong measures. The problem is no one trusts the government to resend the measures after the problem is taken care of.......and for good reason.

Look at the storms of late that knocked out the lights for a few days. The government was giving food stamp people 50$ a day for every day their jucie was out.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
go to war and win.

That way you lot can rape another country and also get your allies to pay back loans.

It's worked for you guys in the past (hell, even us Brits were paying back the lend lease loan for years afterwards)

Better to pay back, than speak German...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
americans didnt cause the debt the government did

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
Current public debt: $15,879,685,991,358.94Current est U.S. population: 313,237,833Per person: $50,695.30And people are concerned with just balancing the budget? I think it's going to take a little more than just balancing the budget. It would take years and years of surplus. It's virtually impossible.Debt clock

The same people that believed we could split an atom..

Nothing is impossible...

I will say the World or the USA seems to have a surplus of losers these days...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Two words: FORCE MAJEURE.
They wont inflate their way out methinks as in the long terrm that will destroy the currency. BUT "some event" (use your imagination) could cause the system to fail and all debts (digitalized) erased...thus causing them to lay down the FM Card.
edit on 1-8-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join