It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's hometown paper endorses Kerry -- the nasty aftermath

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
A news item that passed without much comment was that the newspaper of George Bush's hometown here in Texas endorsed Kerry for President.

Now... you might think this would be the end of the matter, but it isn't. There have been reports of threats to the staff, threats to local businesses, harrassment of the newspaper staff, and so on and so forth.

It's a sad day, folks:
www.iconoclast-texas.com...

The letters mentioned in the article are here.:
www.iconoclast-texas.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
They sure the threats aren't from Bush&Co? Could be Roves work again. After all he did plant a bug in his office then accused the Dem who was running against Rove's candidate when he was doing the gov. scene, before the pres. scene. But the FBI looked into it and proved Rove planted it.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm sure i am biased, but I think there are a lot of dark strands in the right wing of the Republican party.

Some of these same elements are in favor of the "Police state" direction that Washington has taken recently.

Some people can not accept an open debate and wish to impose their particular views with violence and intimidation.

I can only hope people [on both sides] that believe that free and open debate create the best hope for intelligent decisions being made, stand firm against those who use fear and violence to stop free speech.

new topics

join