It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Syrian Situation Is All Hype And Lies? (warning Graphic)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I want to give a fair warning that this video is very graphic but I think it makes a very fine point.

For those of you that think that what is happening in Syria is just hype and propaganda I think this video makes a pretty good argument against you.

Is this footage not what it is made out to be or is this the truth?

-Alien

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Syria, like any other sectarian conflict, is incredibly complicated, with various factions within the country having many different motivations, along with outside instigators in the West and East manipulating for their own ends. Sunni's fighting Christians. Outside 'jihadi' fighters alongside Syrian locals tired of Assad, armed by Americans via Turkey. Many different people with intersecting and competing interests... Layers of conflicting and coordinated interests...

Is Assad doing everything in his power to remain in power? Sure. Any leader would. Are many of those fighting him doing everything they can to topple him, even if it means innocents die int he process? Pretty likely. Thats how all wars are fought.

Once can be sure of one thing, no one here 'knows' whats going on in Syria, specifically. Those who want to pretend they can condense it to a soundbite, as if there are clear-cut 'good' and 'bad' guys is a fool, whether it be the ATS conspiracy who says that everything the MSM says is a lie, or the western media viewer who thinks that everything the MSM says is true.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Syria is a warzone apparently right now. Other sources do not say the same. According to the west, the Syrians are all against Assad. To others, that is nothing more than a lie. The problem is information is coming from both sides and is making things a lot more confusing than they should be. The West will do anything to convince the viewer that Assad is a blood thirsty killer of his own people yet what people do not understand is that the rebels are hiding among the Syrian people which is forcing the Assad regime to bomb populated areas. The rebels are most likely being armed and funded by western influence also.

From what I have heard coming out of Syria, Assad has got endless support from his people. A couple of rallies or protests by FSA backers are not the majority of the country. I have seen videos of Syrian people calling for the national army to protect them from the rebels, some also stating that the army are not the ones killing people. One video does not tell the entire story and certainly does not equate to ground breaking proof either. I stand with the rebels are nothing more than foreign terrorists and the sooner they are removed from the face of Syria, the quicker Syria can get back to being a normal country.

I haven't watched the video because I don't know what I'm meant to be looking at. No description of who is who so any more information would be appreciated...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

I agree with the fact that there are lot of different agendas at work against each other. This makes it hard to point a finger at who is right and who is wrong. But as you mentioned the president wants to stay in power and he is taking necessary measures to do so. I think that the benefit of the doubt should be given to the current elected regime to a certain extant initially. But there is no doubt of what Assad's regime is doing when you look enough into it.

I don't think that the atrocities happening in Syria are hype nor lies, what's with the Syrian president not allowing any independent media to document what is going on?

In fact some of what we see are recordings bought from Assad's own soldiers, recordings of killings that they have done. The majority of the rest of the recordings coming out of Syria are smuggled by it's citizen protesters.

And what of the wiki-leaks documents released showing how Assad (president of Syria) and his regime is covering up atrocities done by his regime with paid (western) public relations groups?

-Alien

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Syria is a warzone apparently right now. Other sources do not say the same. According to the west, the Syrians are all against Assad.

Thats simply not true. The reporting in the msm has actually been noting the nature of the sectarian conflict for a while now. Here's just a few recent examples.

www.bbc.co.uk...

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

www.vancouversun.com...

www.businessweek.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I don't believe Syria is a warzone. But that is the way the MSM is portraying it, Other sources will tell us otherwise...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Too many words in this thread, very little empathy.

I've been in war zones, and it's one thing to witness soldiers dying, but this.... children should not be caught in the crossfire.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

I don't believe Syria is a warzone. But that is the way the MSM is portraying it, Other sources will tell us otherwise...

You dont think there is a civil war occurring in Syria? Can you point to these 'other sources' which tell us otherwise?

I mean, every side, including Assad, acknowledges there is a war going on. Is the nature of what the war is *over* which is being contested. The motto here isn't 'Deny Reality".

new topics

top topics

join