It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel Peace Prize - the true story is AIDS not trees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
First African woman to win Nobel : HIV/AIDS was invented as a bioweapon in some laboratory in the West," a senior State Department official said. "We don't agree with that."
tvnz.co.nz...=html

Here is a test to you : did you believe the first version of this story (that it was because of her love for trees) ? If yes then you should understand some basic facts as soon as possible, like "No prize without an agenda".

Another passage from the same link :
"It's true that there are some people who create agents to wipe out other people. If there were no such people, we could have not have invaded Iraq," she said.
She seems not to know that Kenya didn't invade Iraq. Or is it that she "she just thinks globally" all the time (that was the expression that the Nobel Committe used to praise her, check it here) :
www.pbs.org...

Notice how they spent two days talking about the trees before releasing the AIDS bomb - a mind control technique used all the time.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I don't really understand what you are getting at? Are you saying that she won the nobel peace prize for her position on the Aids epidemic? Please explain.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
No, I believe that he means that even though she won the Nobel Peace prize for her work planting million's of tree's all over Africa, her agenda with her new found fame is to tell the world about the Aid's epidemic, and it's possible connection to it being a bio-weapon created by man.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Are you saying that she won the nobel peace prize for her position on the Aids epidemic?

Sure. Goal : make people believe that the "powerful HIV virus" is a product of western technology.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
but is this her actual belief? or is it a product of an anti american campaign that she can now go forward with now that she has recognition?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Whatever her aim, I think the important thing is that it puts the world's attention - if only for a fleeting moment - back on the fact that a whole continent is dying because of AIDS.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The real story is how come President Bush didn't even get consideration for the Nobel Peace Prize, even though he liberated over 50 million people.

But some wacko tree hugger, AIDS conspiracy theorist gets it?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
You can't win a PEACE prize by going to war. Every peace prize awarded an American President has been for one who negociated or took a central part in concluding a cessation of hostilies. Not to a President who CAUSED hostilities.

[edit on 11-10-2004 by Otts]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
You can't win a PEACE prize by going to war. Every peace prize awarded an American President has been for one who negociated or took a central part in concluding a cessation of hostilies. Not to a President who CAUSED hostilities.

[edit on 11-10-2004 by Otts]

Ok, I get it, so only weak US Presidents like Jimmy Carter get a chance to win it. It's also ashame that Ronald Reagan never won that award.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
The real story is how come President Bush didn't even get consideration for the Nobel Peace Prize, even though he liberated over 50 million people.

But some wacko tree hugger, AIDS conspiracy theorist gets it?

I don't think causing the death of a thousand of your soldiers and countless of others gets you consideration. I do believe that in 2001 or 2002 Guliani was considered?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Carseller - no, you don't get it. The prize is awarded to people who END wars or contribute to peace.

WANGARI MAATHAI for her contribution to sustainable development, democracy and peace

SHIRIN EBADI for her efforts for democracy and human rights

2002 JIMMY CARTER JR., former President of the United States of America,
for his decades of untiring effort to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts, to advance democracy and human rights, and to promote economic and social development

UNITED NATIONS, New York, NY, USA
KOFI ANNAN, United Nations Secretary General

KIM DAE JUNG for his work for democracy and human rights in South Korea and in East Asia in general, and for peace and reconciliation with North Korea in particular.

DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS (M�DECINS SANS FRONTI�RES), Brussels, Belgium.

JOHN HUME and DAVID TRIMBLE for their efforts to find a peaceful solution to the conflict in Northern Ireland.

INTERNATIONAL CAMPAIGN TO BAN LANDMINES (ICBL) and JODY WILLIAMS for their work for the banning and clearing of anti-personnel mines.

CARLOS FELIPE XIMENES BELO and JOSE RAMOS-HORTA for their work towards a just and peaceful solution to the conflict in East Timor.

JOSEPH ROTBLAT and to the PUGWASH CONFERENCES ON SCIENCE AND WORLD AFFAIRS for their efforts to diminish the part played by nuclear arms in international politics and in the longer run to eliminate such arms.

Source: www.nobelprizes.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Also...

THEODORE ROOSEVELT, USA. President of the United States of America. Drew up the 1905 peace treaty between Russia and Japan.

ELIHU ROOT Former Secretary of State. Initiator of several arbitration agreements.

THOMAS WOODROW WILSON, President of the United States of America. Founder of the Soci�t� des Nations (League of Nations)

CORDELL HULL Former Secretary of State. One of the initiators of the United Nations.

HENRY A. KISSINGER , Secretary of State, State Department, Washington.
LE DUC THO , Democratic Republic of Viet Nam. (Declined the prize.) for jointly negotiating the Vietnam peace accord in 1973.

Surely Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson weren't weak Presidents?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Also...

Surely Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson weren't weak Presidents?

I'm sorry but liberating 50 million people from tyranny to a democracy is a pretty peaceful thing to do, and should have received some consideration.

Ronald Reagan ended the cold war without firing a shot. If I'm not mistaken didn't Gorbachev win the Peace Prize? For losing the cold war?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott

Originally posted by sensfan
Are you saying that she won the nobel peace prize for her position on the Aids epidemic?

Sure. Goal : make people believe that the "powerful HIV virus" is a product of western technology.

I have always felt this way, Im glad someone can be in the face of the world to voice this concern.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Carseller - I don't see that waging a war where at least 25,000 Iraqis died is worthy of a PEACE prize. If Bush manages to implement democracy in Iraq and withdraw his troops, if he manages to get North Korea to peacefully disarm, then we'll talk about the Nobel. But the general gist is that the Nobel Peace Prize goes to people who use other ways than war to solve problems, or stop wars.

top topics

join