It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voices from the dead, you have to listen to this!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
Bigdanprince why is the idea of emotions being recorded and stored within the stonework of buildings more plausible than the idea that you're memories, emotions and personality imprint into another dimension and continue on at death. No more of a boggle factor about either. Why is 'Afterlife' considered such a dirty word by even open minded scientists. The 'stone tape recording theory' also posits that for this to work the actual stone has to possess some kind of rudimentory consciousness. In a world that wierd grasping the concept of life after death is a breeze.

Hey listen, its just a theory not one I neccessarily subscribe to, I am just throwing it out there. But to play Devil's advocate: Why does the stone need to be conscious? Does tape? Or a CD? The stone recordings could be some form of interdimensional transfer, ie that another unknown dimension of the stone retains the emotional information, and perhaps you can interact with it? I cant prove it the same way no one can prove an afterlife. We are both in the same situatuion.
If there was an afterlife, and we people who require evidence to prove something keep banging on about this, then why is the only form of 'communication' hazy at best. Surely there must be some form of measurable recordable evidence, that will stand up to scientific scrutiny. These evp recordings dont prove anything either way when viewed in these conditions ie the internet.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Good points, sorry I'm not attacking your statements just wanted to bring up the question. I'm not sure why the stones need to be conscious, this was something that Brian Josepheson brought up when investigating the stone tape theory, he's a nobel prize winning scientist I'm not so I can only repeat what he said but I think it was something to do with the mind of the witness needing to interact in some way with the consciousness of the stone for the vision to be generated. As for proof, never has been, possibly never will be, you're right one theory is as good as another but some ie life after death seem to bring about a knee jerk, intelectuall reaction from some researchers. The way things stand at the moment all theories are equally valid, maybe even interconnected. Personally I believe there is a spiritual aspect to us and the universe but i concede knowing and believing are two different things.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I take on board your feeling there is a spiritual nature to us, I just think this is an undiscovered area of science, not from a creator. I think we believe in the same things just not the same reasons. Much respect to you.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AL77ZZZ
bigdanprice,
so how can you listen the building? If the building holds the evp how do you hear it? Or does the evp just stay trapped in the building and then once someone records it you get the voices. I really have to try this for myself. Does anyone know if you have to play the tape forward or backwards?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Memory of the matter in metaphysic is called remanente memoire
Sure the matter have memory.... chapo

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
so the place where these deaths take place remember the events and hold it in the walls or what not. I have heard in qauntum physics that we are apart of everything. So maybe the spirit remains in whatever setting it was before it died

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I agree with bigdan. Buildings are like recorders of what happens in them. I know of people who can "listen" to a house and pick up the vibes of people who have lived in there in the past.
I have experienced it myself as well.
Its not "ghosts" or demons, or other life forms, just like a smell can linger from a meal, or a house cna "hold" the smells from some food being cooked over time (like curry) so the house can hold emotional situations.
A spitiual residue is laid down, or left behind.

Originally posted by bigdanprice
There is a theory that buildings can act as emotional recorders, effectivley recording or remembering highly charged emotional events and replaying them in a certain set of conditions. EVP would back this up.
Thats my ten pennies.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The human ear is very sensitive, so if something is turning up on electronic devices that cannot be heard, it may indeed simply be very faint, or it may be the result of an electromagnetic source.

Aside from spiritual communication, another explanation for mysterious voices appearing on tapes might be found in the fact that every place on Earth is bathed in modulated radio waves which carry all sorts of audio information -- including music and voices.

I suppose if that's going on, in addition to voices, you might hear commercials now and then too.

One way to check that would be to accumulate very large samples of recording time in the otherwise quiet room, crank up the gain and listen for evidence that a radio or TV station is involved. The EVP link didn't work for me, so I couldn't check to see if they had done that.

Still, a possibility worth considering, and worth ruling out if more "supernatural" phenomena are suspected.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

ladyV, So can you talk back or can they just talk to you? Also can you find certain people or is it just random who you can here?

Al77zzz

I'm not LadyV, but I'll answer.
They can hear you, it's just that most people can't hear them.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I have played with EVPs here at home. We have a few spooks.
Some strange stuff came out on the recording ....
-somone taking a shower (no humans were!)
-voices that we couldn't make out
-music
-and someone said very clearly - 'he wants you to'.

The question now is ... he wants us to what??

We are still playing with the EVPs here.
All I can say ... EVPs are real.

Maybe you can give me some tips? I have tried with one of the sound activated recorders. Maybe I should just leave it on?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Recently, I did some forensic analysis for T.A.P.S. Ghost Hunters of some of their older EVPs. While the work-ups revealed good results, who's to say if EVPs are ghosts, residual energy, time rift transmissions, hoaxes, etc. But, all life is energy and must go somewhere after a physical host expires, and it's generally accepted among the paranormal investigator community that EVP recordings are EM (electromagnetic) waves from the deceased either directly imprinted onto recordable media or background noise, manipulated into the correct phonemes of words and/or phrases by EM waves. Below are examples of the Background Noise theory (both the original and the forensic work-up).

You will need external speakers to discern the EVPs on the original recording. You will want to turn up your volume when listening to the originals and turn down your volume when listening to the forensic work-up.

Original T.A.P.S. Recording

dontgo.wav

Forensic Work-up *** TURN DOWN YOUR VOLUME ***

forensics1.wav: "Don't go into the star"

What is thought is that this is a child's interpretation of "Going into the light" which has been reported by people having near-death experiences and that she is speaking to someone with her.

Original T.A.P.S. Recording
go away.wav

Forensic Work-up *** TURN DOWN YOUR VOLUME ***
foresics2.wav: "Leave him alone, he's not the one you want"

This work-up was put through different EMI and BNR filters and then dumped into an audiospectrography DAW for analysis determining phoneme catagory (Consonants: plosives, approximants, fricatives, affricates, nasals, and Vowels: monophthongs and diphthongs) and formants of specific phoneme types to reveal an understandable phrase.

We are only in the infancy stage of understanding universal physics. We have much to learn. Do I believe in EVPs? Well, I believe something is being recorded. Is it voices from beyond? Who knows. You have to experience it to verify authenticity and quite frankly, had I been there and heard so much as the creak of a wood panel, my feet wouldn't get me out of the house fast enough for my tastes and it would be time to do a load of laundry.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
Maybe you can give me some tips? I have tried with one of the sound activated recorders. Maybe I should just leave it on?

I really do need to clean my leftover links...but luck for you...

Try these, Angela.:

Affordable Recording Unit

Techniques

[edit on 7-11-2004 by antipigopolist]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I seem to recall reading an explaination about buildings or locations holding a 'charge', compared to a battery holding an electrid charge, or a metalic object holding a magnetic 'charge'-- some how allowing a 'recording' of past events.

Years ago a friend carried a recorder to the grave yard, hoping to record a voice. After a few minutes of nervous giggles, she and her companion were 'spooked' by an owl's screech, and they ran. ---later when they played the tape, there was a faint voice, in between their giggles.( I don't recall the words)

I have at times heard ( in my head, not actually out loud) voices, often calling my name. This occured mostly in my parents hundred year old house. One very strong instance of this was in the house we were living in when my son was born....the previous owner was an elderly lady who had died a few years earlier. One night, after putting him in his crib in the ajoining bed room and passing the bath room as I returned to my bed room, I mentally 'heard' a voice call my name from the bathroom. It was so strong that my head literally snapped around and I involuntarily responded, "What?".

Several days later I discovered a huge 'warf' rat in the bathroom, and that the monster had easy access....we covered the opening and moved soon after. I have wondered if the 'voice' was the elderly lady warning me of the danger a rat that size would pose for an infant.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by frayed1]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Does anyone know if you have to play the tape forward or backwards?

The idea of playing a recording in reverse to hear the "demonic meaning", or to identify the "subconscience thought" (perpetuated by the inventor of Reverse Speech technology and I use the term "technology" loosely), or to identify an EVP is a ludicrous myth invoked by the audio recording industry in the late 50s - early 60's and popularized by the horror genre of the motion picture industry. The logic behind the yeasayers is that the reverse of "good" is "evil" so therefore the audio must be reversed to hear a daemon's message. No...it all started in some rocker's basement in the 50's while under the influence and with a phonograph able to be spun in reverse.

The tape should be played forward unless of course the "entity" is traveling backward in time and made a pit stop at your recorder to "kcuf" with you.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have a Question then. If you can not hear anything while the tape is being played backwards then why do people all over the world do this to try and explain peoples subconcious thoughts. I had a girl do a whole speech on this in college. She played a tape of a woman who was suspected of killing her daughter. The tape was of an interview that the lady gave to a reporter and when it was played backwards you could here her saying something along the lines of : I know who killed the my daughter.

It sounded pretty real to me

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
There is something I do not understand about this:

Is it supposed to record these voices with a normal microphone?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Uh-Oh

[edit on 10-11-2004 by Vegemite]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There are some people that believe that diluting solutions of antibody in water so they contian no original antibody molecules will still envoke a responce from the white blood cells because water can remember. Theres been tests in somecases it worked and other cases it didnt. So maybe someones thoughts can be transfered on to reality and then be recorded at a later time

www.innerx.net...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Check it out I tried this and its pretty wicked...But ahhhh, I wouldnt advise it if you are the scaredy-cat type. Jut leave any tape recording device on in your own house and most likely you will be surprised....Like I said if you think you will be creeped out, you will be.

I left a message on my cousins answerin machine, and he called me back wild...He said,

"You gotta hear this ..Its sick!"

It was my message and then a perfectly audible, "Go away" in a voice that was so deep it was disturbing....I dont know how it happened where it came from, but my cousin thought I was some kind of witch or that I was screwin with his mind. It was pretty twisted and he played it for everyone and saved it--we listened to it like 100 times.
I wouldnt mess with someone that bad--well yeah, I would, but not him....When I was a kid I rigged seances and Oiuja boards and blew the minds of poor unsuspecting children..It WAS great.

Anyway....try this:

Close your eyes and attempt to think of nothing...yes nothing its difficult but with practice you might be able to do it for 30 seconds...When you get up to a couple of minutes, thats when the creepshow starts...Random sounds, voices, music, radio like noise will be your listening pleasure...I enjoy this "noise" its freaky and I always feel I am listening to a familiar yet incomprehensible language...fun fun fun

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
xxkrisxx-
Are these ghost voices and things you here when you do this or is it just the sounds of everything around you?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I have a Question then. If you can not hear anything while the tape is being played backwards then why do people all over the world do this to try and explain peoples subconcious thoughts.
It sounded pretty real to me

2 reasons:

Psuedoscience being held out as actual scientific research. This will reinforce the belief system of someone who is prone to blind faith. The religious community is partly to blame here for this fallacy as it relates to playing recordings in reverse. Honestly, how many people in the world have not heard of the reverse message on the Beatles record "Paul is really dead!" or the movie "The Exorcist"? These two items alone are the main reason for this ridiculous notion. My colleagues laugh everytime
Reverse Speech Technology is held out as actual science. The mind hears what it wants to hear. The seed is planted long before the reverse audio is heard. What I mean by this is that the tests are never blind i.e. the source subject unknown. Any test I have read about has been done on an audio source from a known subject.

The Mind can play tricks if it dwells on a matter long enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join